Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Favre being shopped by Packers

I think it's beautiful that Favre's career in GB has ended with him wanting to be a Viking.... that's classic.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"C" wrote:
    I think it's beautiful that Favre's career in GB has ended with him wanting to be a Viking.... that's classic.
    lol yeah my landlord (a diehard packer fan) hates that fact. I remind him every day I see him

what is that station called again? Espin?

"erik5032" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    lol yeah my landlord (a diehard packer fan) hates that fact. I remind him every day I see him

That'll never work. This network is going to be a financial and social disaster.

"C" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

That'll never work. This network is going to be a financial and social disaster.
    FINE! I don't wanna work here any ways... this place is ran by a bunch of children.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

There is a reason they are letting Favre go.
    If he is that good still why would they not want him back instead of starting a rookie.
    It reminds me of when Culpeper left the vikes for the Dolphins and everyone said the Vikings were crazy to let him go and that what ever team he went to would be making a big score.
    It turned out there was a reason we let him go and he was a bust in Fl and in Oakland.
    You really have to work at being a bust in Oakland they suck so bad.
    All I am saying is that the Packers org is not stupid.
    Favre is still under a two year contract and if he could lead the team down the road to the SB they would be chomping at the bit to keep him playing for them.
    However they are not and there is a reason for it.

WWBGD

The thing about favre is you don't know who you are going to get... the really Bad favre a few years back or the 13-3 Favre. Look at the statistics of the last 8 games favre was in. It is pretty shocking how he did (not very good)

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"RK." wrote:
    There is a reason they are letting Favre go.
    If he is that good still why would they not want him back instead of starting a rookie.
    It reminds me of when Culpeper left the vikes for the Dolphins and everyone said the Vikings were crazy to let him go and that what ever team he went to would be making a big score.
    It turned out there was a reason we let him go and he was a bust in Fl and in Oakland.
    You really have to work at being a bust in Oakland they suck so bad.
    All I am saying is that the Packers org is not stupid.
    Favre is still under a two year contract and if he could lead the team down the road to the SB they would be chomping at the bit to keep him playing for them.
    However they are not and there is a reason for it.
    The reason they want to let him go is simple, they need to know what they have in A-Rod.
    Both TT and McCarthy got long contract extensions last year.
    If there's a year to go out and lay a turd with a new QB, it's going to be the year after you receive a long term extension.
    If Favre plays another year or two and the shine wears off those extensions and they proceed to lay a turd after he finally does retire (and now A-Rod is gone leaving the Puckers with only the 2 rooks they drafted this year) they're suddenly on the hot seat.
    The timing works for both the GM and HC so they tried to push Favre into retirement.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Tampa should offer a third rounder for Favre... Once the trade is completed the Vikes give Tampa a second.

I like it.
    My, my... and you people consider yourself Vikings fans...

Let's just ditch a 24-year-old QB who is progressing nicely for a 38-year-old who can't throw it like he used to.

I mean, in the past three years, he has 66 Touchdowns and 62 Ints (with a career high 29 Ints in '05).

I'm a Vikings fan... Give me T-Jack.
    prove it..right now jackson has played one season, so you dont have any idea whether or not he progressed..he had his worst games 2 of the last 3 of this past season..we will see whether or not that claim can be made after he plays another season

also, bernard berrian was a bear, were we supposed to avoid him for being a division rival?..if favre becomes a free agent, he belongs to nobody, so who cares if he signs with us in regards to believing you are some sorta better fan than the rest of us..favre has been calling the vikings like crazy, which makes it rather obvious how badly he wants to play for us..for that reason alone, id welcome him with open arms..if he wants to join us to destroy our rival, thats great
    I can't prove it... but here's a pretty good quote from Pat Williams:

“I have a lot of confidence in him (Jackson),” Williams said. “He got a whole lot better this offseason and I think the whole team saw it.”
    and I'll take Pat Williams' critique of TJack any day.

Also, you really cannot compare Favre to Berrian when it comes to rivalry against the Vikings... you know what I mean? Berrian is a pretty damn good WR. Favre is a Legend.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Here we are looking at stats again to make a point.
    C-Mac, look at it this way too.
    Half of his INTs were in one year alone.
    The fact is the guy brought his team to the NFC championship game last year.
    I'm not saying I do want him or don't.
    But I will tell you if the Vikings do get him (highly unlikey) I definately won't cry over it.
    29 is not half of 62.... that would be 31...
    C-Mac no need to give me a math lesson.
    I know what half of 62 is.
    I was estimating in my comment so I guess I should have said 47% of his INTs were in the one year.
    Let's not be that picky here my friend.
    Ha, just joking around buddy...using that annoying sense of humor.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Tampa should offer a third rounder for Favre... Once the trade is completed the Vikes give Tampa a second.

I like it.
    My, my... and you people consider yourself Vikings fans...

Let's just ditch a 24-year-old QB who is progressing nicely for a 38-year-old who can't throw it like he used to.

I mean, in the past three years, he has 66 Touchdowns and 62 Ints (with a career high 29 Ints in '05).

I'm a Vikings fan... Give me T-Jack.
    prove it..right now jackson has played one season, so you dont have any idea whether or not he progressed..he had his worst games 2 of the last 3 of this past season..we will see whether or not that claim can be made after he plays another season

also, bernard berrian was a bear, were we supposed to avoid him for being a division rival?..if favre becomes a free agent, he belongs to nobody, so who cares if he signs with us in regards to believing you are some sorta better fan than the rest of us..favre has been calling the vikings like crazy, which makes it rather obvious how badly he wants to play for us..for that reason alone, id welcome him with open arms..if he wants to join us to destroy our rival, thats great
    I can't prove it... but here's a pretty good quote from Pat Williams:

“I have a lot of confidence in him (Jackson),” Williams said. “He got a whole lot better this offseason and I think the whole team saw it.”
    and I'll take Pat Williams' critique of TJack any day.
    Unless, of course, TJack paid him off with a couple dozen big macs.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast