Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Favre being shopped by Packers

"ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Tampa should offer a third rounder for Favre... Once the trade is completed the Vikes give Tampa a second.

I like it.
    My, my... and you people consider yourself Vikings fans...

Let's just ditch a 24-year-old QB who is progressing nicely for a 38-year-old who can't throw it like he used to.

I mean, in the past three years, he has 66 Touchdowns and 62 Ints (with a career high 29 Ints in '05).

I'm a Vikings fan... Give me T-Jack.
    Here we are looking at stats again to make a point.
    C-Mac, look at it this way too.
    Half of his INTs were in one year alone.
    The fact is the guy brought his team to the NFC championship game last year.
    I'm not saying I do want him or don't.
    But I will tell you if the Vikings do get him (highly unlikey) I definately won't cry over it.
    29 is not half of 62.... that would be 31...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

This was my favorite part of the "Brett Favre is Overhyped" article...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3281535

After beating the San Francisco 49ers in the 1997 NFC Championship Game, Favre won just three of his last 10 playoff games. Eli Manning had more postseason wins in a 29-day span this past season than Favre had in his last decade with the Green Bay Packers.
    That about sums it up for me.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Tampa should offer a third rounder for Favre... Once the trade is completed the Vikes give Tampa a second.

I like it.

Let's just ditch a 24-year-old QB who is progressing nicely for a 38-year-old who can't throw it like he used to.

I mean, in the past three years, he has 66 Touchdowns and 62 Ints (with a career high 29 Ints in '05).

Here we are looking at stats again to make a point.
    C-Mac, look at it this way too.
    Half of his INTs were in one year alone.
    The fact is the guy brought his team to the NFC championship game last year.
    I'm not saying I do want him or don't.
    But I will tell you if the Vikings do get him (highly unlikey) I definately won't cry over it.
    29 is not half of 62.... that would be 31...
    C-Mac no need to give me a math lesson.
    I know what half of 62 is.
    I was estimating in my comment so I guess I should have said 47% of his INTs were in the one year.
    Let's not be that picky here my friend.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

I like it.

prove it..right now jackson has played one season, so you dont have any idea whether or not he progressed..he had his worst games 2 of the last 3 of this past season..we will see whether or not that claim can be made after he plays another season

also, bernard berrian was a bear, were we supposed to avoid him for being a division rival?..if favre becomes a free agent, he belongs to nobody, so who cares if he signs with us in regards to believing you are some sorta better fan than the rest of us..favre has been calling the vikings like crazy, which makes it rather obvious how badly he wants to play for us..for that reason alone, id welcome him with open arms..if he wants to join us to destroy our rival, thats great
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

I like it.

Garbage C Mac... How can you even question SKOL'S passion for his team. Don't forget your thinking narrow minded there a few of us who do believe Favre makes us a better team and if we think this way in our minds we are only doing what it takes to get better.

Ditching Tarvaris and sitting him for a couple years is a big difference. As far as Favre goes he just completed one of the best seasons of his carear, your obviously dillusional when you say he can't throw it like he used too. Sure he is getting older but the man is a beast even at age 38. I think putting Favre on our team would shout SB in a hurry, we are very young but talented on offense and ready to break out. One thing the Packers were not able to do with Favre at times is give him more help so he's not forced to make something happen resutling in INT's. We are a complete team, Favre or Tarvaris will be one man only.

I'm really loosing the little bit of respect I had for your posts they progressivly seem to be heading in the wrong direction. JMO.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

I like it.

prove it..right now jackson has played one season, so you dont have any idea whether or not he progressed..he had his worst games 2 of the last 3 of this past season..we will see whether or not that claim can be made after he plays another season

also, bernard berrian was a bear, were we supposed to avoid him for being a division rival?..if favre becomes a free agent, he belongs to nobody, so who cares if he signs with us in regards to believing you are some sorta better fan than the rest of us..favre has been calling the vikings like crazy, which makes it rather obvious how badly he wants to play for us..for that reason alone, id welcome him with open arms..if he wants to join us to destroy our rival, thats great
    I like what I've seen from Tarvaris progression in several asspects from the time he has come in to where he is, beginning his second season at helm. To say there hasn't been good pregression is a poor decision IMO. All the claim says to me is he progresing nicely, I agree. Wether or not he's progresing like he needs to for 09 is unseen, given talent and consistency around him I accpect Tarvaris to have a fine season but I definitly think the picture is bigger than Tarvaris alone.

I completely agree well done on the second half of the post.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

I like it.

Garbage C Mac... How can you even question SKOL'S passion for his team. Don't forget your thinking narrow minded there a few of us who do believe Favre makes us a better team and if we think this way in our minds we are only doing what it takes to get better.

Ditching Tarvaris and sitting him for a couple years is a big difference. As far as Favre goes he just completed one of the best seasons of his carear, your obviously dillusional when you say he can't throw it like he used too. Sure he is getting older but the man is a beast even at age 38. I think putting Favre on our team would shout SB in a hurry, we are very young but talented on offense and ready to break out. One thing the Packers were not able to do with Favre at times is give him more help so he's not forced to make something happen resutling in INT's. We are a complete team, Favre or Tarvaris will be one man only.

I'm really loosing the little bit of respect I had for your posts they progressivly seem to be heading in the wrong direction. JMO.
    Favre is a proven choker in the playoffs. The last time he won a Superbowl, the AFC was being dominated by the NFC. You think, given he even makes it past the first round, he can go toe to toe with today's AFC powerhouses without throwing stupid picks? We'd be out in round one, just like all the other years we signed old fogies as QBs. I agree with C Mac D. Favre is for Packers fans.

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

I like it.

Favre is a proven choker in the playoffs. The last time he won a Superbowl, the AFC was being dominated by the NFC. You think, given he even makes it past the first round, he can go toe to toe with today's AFC powerhouses without throwing stupid picks? We'd be out in round one, just like all the other years we signed old fogies as QBs. I agree with C Mac D. Favre is for Packers fans.
    I've witnessed Favre choke in the playoffs and recongnize it as one of things I dislike most and I've stated this in many of my post referring to the current drama. I've also watched Tarvaris choke in several national telivised games but I can understand it in both situations. Favre needs more help, if you take a look at the Giants game last season his offensive line gave out on him and running the football was not apart of that game. The Giants did the same thing VS the Patriots. When Favre is trying to do to much he tends to f*ck up. What I can see here in Minnesota is the best team that Favre has played on his entire carear. I think we have an all world defense to back up Favre to go along with the #1 rushing offense. These things should help Tarvaris as much as they would Favre.

Favre making it past the first round will be up to more than just him, I think this is a perfect example of a fan putting way to much stock into the QB position. There are alot of ways to win football games that have nothing to do with the QB, he's one man out of several starters on offense, defense, and specail teams.

I've also stated that I don't believe we even need Favre, but my honest judgement tells me he makes this a better football team bar none and this is a business, and it would be one more hurdle Tarvaris has to will himeslf over. Its not like its been an easy ride for the raw kid.

Once Brett Favre is no longer a packer he's apart of a team with fans other than the packers. The 13 year old mindset is hilarious...

ragz is offline GM

to me all this jabber is senseless.
    i mean can anyone honestly see the packers letting him walk over to the vikes so that he can come into their building the first game of the year to play against the guy the packers picked over a legend? to me the 3 most realistic things that will happen is

1. he unretires and the pack start him.
    2. farve doesn't wanna play for anyone but the vikes or pack and the pack won't cut or trade him to the vikes so he stays retired.
    3. he excepts a trade to another team he thinks he can go places with this year.

i just don't see a scenario where we get him.
    he has too much value to just release him, and the pack will not trade him to us.
    i can even see them having him hold a clipboard rather than cut him loose to have him come back to haunt them, especially if it's with us.
    it's compelling to talk about, and god knows the media has been doing alot of that, but really how good are the odds?

as for us tampering, i dont buy it.
    what's the logic behind it?
    did childress and bevell really think they could force him outta retirement, the pack would not except him back, would either cut him or trade him to us, and we'd be on our way to the super bowl?
    i mean think about it.
    if they were telling him he should keep playing, this is a guy who has owned us the last couple of years, and at the time, the chances are he'd be going back to his team who were one game away from the super bowl.
    so basically the vikings were convincing him to come back so they would have to deal with him for another 2 games, instead of a virtual rookie?
    so either its a crock becuz the pack is bitter for having to deal with this, or the vikings are stupid.
    i prefer to think it's the latter.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

so either its a crock becuz the pack is bitter for having to deal with this, or the vikings are stupid.
    i prefer to think it's the latter.
    ???

I prefer to think it's the former.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast