Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre being shopped by Packers

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

If I'm Packers general manager Ted Thompson, I keep Favre on the roster, but make it unmistakably clear that he'll be the third-string quarterback behind Rodgers and rookie Brian Brohm, which means he won't be active on game days unless there's a run on injuries. Sure, it's not the best use of the salary cap, but somehow it seems worth it. Plus, Green Bay can pretty much guarantee Favre will re-retire by Week 3 and we can all get on with our lives.
    I don't think Goodell will let that happen:

League Not Commenting on Goodell's Involvement In Favre Dispute

According to a source, Goodell has stressed to the Packers that they cannot prevent him from playing.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    If I'm Packers general manager Ted Thompson, I keep Favre on the roster, but make it unmistakably clear that he'll be the third-string quarterback behind Rodgers and rookie Brian Brohm, which means he won't be active on game days unless there's a run on injuries. Sure, it's not the best use of the salary cap, but somehow it seems worth it. Plus, Green Bay can pretty much guarantee Favre will re-retire by Week 3 and we can all get on with our lives.

According to a source, Goodell has stressed to the Packers that they cannot prevent him from playing.
    i dont understand how Goodell can force the Pack to play Favre, its the Pack's right to choose who starts and who doesnt. And from the article that says the Pack would make him inactive, that would be very smart of them, i believe the best thing they can do unless they pull off some BS first day draft day trade

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

i dont understand how Goodell can force the Pack to play Favre, its the Pack's right to choose who starts and who doesnt. And from the article that says the Pack would make him inactive, that would be very smart of them, i believe the best thing they can do unless they pull off some BS first day draft day trade
    Should be interesting... but this HAS to be resolved in the next 48-hours... wouldn't you think?

Can't wait to see how it plays out.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Should be interesting... but this HAS to be resolved in the next 48-hours... wouldn't you think?

Can't wait to see how it plays out.
    yeah i agree with the time span, im more pumped for this thing to get over with, the sooner the better
    :-

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:

12 million dollars says that won't happen.
    JMHO!

All he has to do is pull a Jerome Bettis impersonation and come up with a nagging injury, wink wink, and he gets paid to be a 3rd stringer.
    They can't cut him if he is injured or some crap like that.
    That is why the bus faked his injury the season before the super bowl win.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I agree with SIA
    12 million reasons to release him.

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Goodell already stated that if Favre applies for reinstatement, he will pull the trigger.

My guess is Favre shows up at camp tomorrow looking for his $12 mil check.

Pay up TT!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Goodell already stated that if Favre applies for reinstatement, he will pull the trigger.

My guess is Favre shows up at camp tomorrow looking for his $12 mil check.

Pay up TT!
    Break open the Piggy bank!

This has to set the Green and Gold back financially.
    I bet they weren't counting on that money being used.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This on PFT (FWIW)

MURPHY HEADING TO MISSISSIPPI TO TALK FAVRE OUT OF SHOWING UP

New Packers president Mark Murphy, who might want to renegotiate his compensation package given the events of the past few weeks, is putting in some overtime in the Brett Favre fiasco.

Specifically, Murphy is flying to Mississippi in a last-ditch attempt to persuade Favre not to report to Packers training camp, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

And this:

Once he’s reinstated, Favre won’t be able to block a trade — unless the team that hopes to acquire him needs to re-work his $12 million base salary in order to fit him under the cap.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast