Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Favre admits. Packers suck

I feel sorry for him, actually (doesn't mean I dont want him to throw picks)

One thing about the Bengals game is that one of my packer friends said he had heard that woodson was so good and was going to seriously upgrade the D, but then he started hearing about what he had (or hadn't) done in previous years, and then he saw the Packers starting secondary (really, the whole starting D) get torn apart by Palmer, and now he's finally worried about the Packer's season.

He still has manlove for favre though:

"Did you see how hard he threw that, holy crap, man, that was a freaking bullet! Favre is still so good, him and Greg Jennings and Driver are gonna do sweet!!!"

His words, not mine.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Eh, for all the sucking he's going to do this season he'll get in the Hall no-matter-what. I just hope we can squeeze those last few drops of sucky-sap before he throws in the towel. Favre must know they're a rebuilding franchise now, even if he doesn't admit it publicly. If we don't do the double over them this season I'll be totally gutted.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

So Favre admits huh? About time.....saw this coming a mile away. Actually, I thought he would say this around week 4

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

heh... he's just getting ready for our games..

i bet he begs sharper not to pick off more then 3.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

purplengoldblur is offline Training Camp

Favre should have retired about 2 years ago.
    He has long over stayed his welcome in GB.
    If he wants to critize anyone he should bust on himself for even thinking about coming back.
    He is a HOF, but a chumpy HOF.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I hope he plays for 5 more years if this is how he is going to perform. Then he can go to the Bears for a year or two.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I hope he plays for 5 more years if this is how he is going to perform. Then he can go to the Bears for a year or two.
    lmao! the Brett Favre years are over and he needs to face it.
    He would be insane to stick arouound for one more year let alone five, heck he was insane to even stick around last year AND this year.
    The guy is done for, and I can't wait to see what his interception count will be this year!
    ;D

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Madden, Michaels and NBC have already moved on.
    Peyton Manning is the new darling with his little brother is a close second.

The commercials, clips of these two as kids, the shots of Archie and his wife in the stands...they are so over Favre.

Let's face it, the Packers are no longer Prime-time TV.
    Its back to the late 70's and early 80's when no one could care if the Packers existed.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

We should get a pool going my guess 40 picks for MR.FAVRE. This guy reminds me of the Rolling Stones, they just keep playing and playing and will probably have to scooped up in to a snow shovel a pile of ashes that will have been burnt by THE VIKES.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Here is a nice article ;D

Second thoughts

The Green Bay Packers are unique in that they are owned by the public. Just more than 111,000 people own almost 5 million shares in the Pack. And season tickets are passed down from generation to generation and therefore impossible to obtain.

Of course, if there were ever a season in which stakes in the franchise as well as some choice pasteboards might suddenly become available at reasonable prices, it’s this one.
    The Packers were thrashed by their longtime rivals, the Chicago Bears, 26-0, on Sunday.

And quarterback Brett Favre did not look good in the process. He was 15 of 29 for 170 yards, with two interceptions. It marked the first time he was shut out in his 16-year career.

Said Favre: “Maybe I was the only one, but I really felt like we could really surprise these guys.”

As it turned out, he was correct. I’m sure the Bears were incredibly surprised at how awful the Packers are.

The sad part is, they only figure to get worse.

In fact, Favre runs the danger of enduring the worst final season of any quarterback of his caliber in recent memory.

Then again, he may decide he wants to return in 2007. Yikes!

I feel bad for the Brettster. While he was making up his mind, I went back and forth as to whether he should retire or return. Unfortunately, so did he. I may be going out on a limb here, but it does not appear that he made the right choice.

The Packers don’t have a particularly gruesome schedule, but it’s not a breeze either. Aside from NFC North foes, there are games at Philadelphia, at Miami, at Seattle and at home against New England. That’s probably four more losses right there. You’ll see a lot of footage of Favre on his back, as well as clips from contentious news conferences in which he shrugs and asks, “What do you want me to do? Quit?”

Note to Brett: Possibly. After all, it appears your team already has.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast