Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Favre admits. Packers suck

KFFL
    Packers | Favre says team running out of time to improve
    Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:39:44 -0700

The Associated Press reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre said he and the team are running out of time to work out the kinks in their new-look offense. "It is preseason. Call it what you want," Favre said. "But you'd like to be able to gauge something off these games, and I don't know. I really don't. There's a lot of potential, but that in itself doesn't get it done." After the team's last preseason game, a 48-17 loss, Favre said he heard "numerous people" saying that it's better to get mistakes out of the way during the preseason, a bit of long-standing NFL logic that Favre doesn't necessarily buy. Favre said he did see some positive developments after reviewing game film of the Cincinnati loss. The pass protection was improved, he said, and rookie OGs Jason Spitz and Tony Moll played well. Asked whether he had thought about the possibility young players might not hit their stride this year, Favre said, "It might not be. What do you want me to do, quit? You're asking me this question, I'm well aware of it. Are you saying that it's not worth it? All his concerns aside, Favre said he still enjoys football.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Favre admits. Packers suck

how the might have fallen. a few months ago they were the best team hes ever seen and now this?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

aww no long better than the superbowl team he played wiht? so what, dont think u can get another ring w/ this team anymore favre?

=(

i could have told you this at the beginning of training camp and saved you the headaches

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

I sincerely do not want to see any player get seriously injured. The Packers have sunken so low now that Favre is playing with getting a very serious injury.

Nothing is worse than watching a player at the end of his career, staying one year too long, and being taken off the field on a stretcher.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"mr.woo" wrote:
    how the might have fallen. a few months ago they were the best team hes ever seen and now this?
    That was before they actually played anyone.
    ;D

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

everybody knew they suck, I'm glad he got little bit smarter.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

What I find interesting for the Packers in 2006......is how much the media listenens to Farve than his head coach.

Its almost like Farve is giving the post-game conferences.
    Its going to be a guarteed two wins for the Vikes, a long year for the Pack, a Fran Tarkington like exit for Farve (remember the picks Tark threw that last year - 1978), and a year where Les Steckel emerges in Cheeseland.

Honestly, and not because I am a Vikes fan, the Pack looks like those Randy Wright - Forest Gregg (head coach) years.
    They look like they may not even win one game.
    Its kinda sad, but fact.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

It seems to me such a waste of a season to let this geriatric take the wheel again. I hope they pull him and move on...

...Wait... No I don't. THROW US SOME EASY PICKS, B-RETT!!!
    -Sno

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

farve is so strubbon. i hope he throws so many picks this year that they wont let him in the hall of fame.
    We're bringing purple back.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Favre said he did see some positive developments after reviewing game film of the Cincinnati loss. The pass protection was improved, he said, and rookie OGs Jason Spitz and Tony Moll played well.
    translates to " I didn't have to run for my life as much as the previous games, so I can't blame them as much as I normally would.."

Asked whether he had thought about the possibility young players might not hit their stride this year, Favre said, "It might not be. What do you want me to do, quit?
    Not at all Brett, you keep sucking and making mugs of the packer paying-public. The rest of the league, especially your division rivals, will love playing against you and picking off the INTS
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast