Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter

Re: Favre '99.9 percent' sure he'll retire a Packer

he wont play for another team...he has always wore yellow and green with alittle red mixed in for color and will stay there
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I stated this in the off season, and I stick by it; Favre wants to win another SB before he retires - ala Elway.
    He's not going to do it in Green Bay, they haven't got the talent.
    So, if Green Bay plays the "bad Guy" role and tells him to hitt he bricks, Favre WOULD play for a potentially winning team.

The key here is that Green Bay has to do the dirty work, Favre won't because the legion of Favre-o-philes would evaporate, and he NEEDS that ego push like *cough* Vicodin *cough*.
    He knows that if HE does the dirty deed and leaves or asks to leave, the fans will turn on him (Look at how we view Culpepper now).

Why else would he make the pre-season comments he did ("I don't know if I want the ball with 2 minutes left" and, "What are they going to do, cut me?")...he was fishing for a release...and Green Bay didn't bite.

The problem is, he's so popular in Green Bay that even if they go 1-15 (Which would be AWESOME), fans will still flock to see him play there...and the Packers know this.
    He's not there because he wins games for them (proved that last year), he's there because people still buy that #4 jersey, and he pads the Packer revenue sheets.

Caine

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

and I am also 99.9 percent sure I will be walking out of the doors of this building at 2:45, but who knows, there is always that .1 percent.

Damn I hate being back in school, at least I have 3 off periods to post on here during the day, ahhh the sweet taste of the senior schedule.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

he's a legend in wisconsin, or in the NFL for that matter.

it'd be a damn shame if he retired anywhere but in green and yellow

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Caine" wrote:
    I stated this in the off season, and I stick by it; Favre wants to win another SB before he retires - ala Elway.
    He's not going to do it in Green Bay, they haven't got the talent.
    So, if Green Bay plays the "bad Guy" role and tells him to hitt he bricks, Favre WOULD play for a potentially winning team.

The key here is that Green Bay has to do the dirty work, Favre won't because the legion of Favre-o-philes would evaporate, and he NEEDS that ego push like *cough* Vicodin *cough*.
    He knows that if HE does the dirty deed and leaves or asks to leave, the fans will turn on him (Look at how we view Culpepper now).

Why else would he make the pre-season comments he did ("I don't know if I want the ball with 2 minutes left" and, "What are they going to do, cut me?")...he was fishing for a release...and Green Bay didn't bite.

The problem is, he's so popular in Green Bay that even if they go 1-15 (Which would be AWESOME), fans will still flock to see him play there...and the Packers know this.
    He's not there because he wins games for them (proved that last year), he's there because people still buy that #4 jersey, and he pads the Packer revenue sheets.

Caine
    What other players jersey would they buy? Reggie is gone, Walker is gone, Sharper & Longwell ....... gone, etc.......

Favre is still playing to get those 10 more wins to tie/beat another Elway record. At 4-12 it would take him 3 years to do it in a Packers uniform & he can't afford that kind of time.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

yea he dont have that much time but mostly, his body cant take it anymore..this will be his last year
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikingbill50" wrote:
    is this the last year on his contract, does anyone know, as he is making 10 million a year and there isnt another team out there that will pay that for the all time int. leader
    I don't think Brett is worried about or needs the money. IMO he's chasing all the records & he'd sign with a team that would help him achieve that goal.

It's all about his ego.

I might have to go digging for an old article from the 90's where Brett said he wanted to break every QB record out there.

Granted I'm sure every QB would like to do that, but the way he worded it reeked of arrogance & an ego trip.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

yea that sounds like brett, but i still say he wont play the whole season this year
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12