Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favre

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Favre

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    hovan he let his lineman have it (don't remember who it was exactly) because he got sacked on three consecutive plays in the forth quarter.
    Excellent, sorry I missed that. Can't wait for the Packer/Viking game. THE SWEEP
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

there is only one reason i dont want favre to retire. its because i wanna make it to a dome game when the vikes play favre.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I agree this is Bretts last year. But I also said that last year as well. This year he doesn't have the line he needs. He's not as quick & elusive anymore & he'll take a pounding unless the line improves drastically. You start to get him flustered & that's when he makes mistakes by trying to make plays happen. Next week he might shine. Who knows.
    As much as I like to hate him, he's always been a team leader & will do what he thinks is best for the team. If his & the o-lines performance continues the way it's going, what are the Packers going to do? The loss of Walker is a big factor as well. Will they ride Brett out the entire year or will they put in a more mobile Rodgers in & get him going now? Brett is an icon to many & I can't see the latter happening. I certainly wouldn't want to have to make that decision during the season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I think a lot of it was that between his father's death and his wife's cancer, he really wanted to come back this year without a distraction and end it his way. Katrina has done it again, though.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    hovan he let his lineman have it (don't remember who it was exactly) because he got sacked on three consecutive plays in the forth quarter.
    Check it out:
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Check it out:
    LOL :lol:

Time for a new mastercard commercial:

Let's take a look at what this game cost you Favre:

Throwing picks left and right: Your Job?
    Getting sacked more time than you can count: Your Body
    Losing Your Pro-Bowl WR: Your Stats

Playing your first game behind that O-Line: Priceless

:lol:

:P______I shouldn't be talking with the way the Vikes O-Line looked!

GBFan is offline Starter

coming into the season I was thinking Favre would play 2 more seasons at least, maybe 3, but after watching the game against the Lions, I truly think this is his last year. Favre didn't look all that interested in the game, which sort of pissed me off. Like he lacked the emotion all day

hopefully he, and the rest of the team(mainly the offense) are pumped up next week. Home opener and its Reggie White day

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I watched a lot of that game, and he only took 3 step drops and got it out in like 1.5 seconds. He is going to get killed this year if he isn't careful. I don't know about Favre, but, even if I were him and made it through this year uninjured, I sure wouldn't be back.

Hey Los, at least they ain't trading him to Oakland. ; P.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Check it out:
    Looks to me like Brett had an extra bowl of b*tch flakes Sunday morning!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"akvikefan89" wrote:

"I think that Green Bay actually - and I don't like this because you love Brett Favre - I think they almost are leading him toward retirement," Jackson said. "You took away two of his anchors on the offensive line, two of the great offensive guards in this league. So he's going to get the kind of pressure that we haven't seen him get in the past. He's going to be in games where defensively you know he is going to be in shootouts where he has to throw rather than when he wants to throw. He's going to be throwing all the time."
    If they are trying to usher him out with a bad line, then it is not a good environment for a rookie to step in and be successful.

They may be trying to groom the lineman while they have an experienced QB but they are not trying to get rid of Favre. It is unfortunate for him that he lost 2 of his successful linemen. But I think the Packers new that they had some health issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast