Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favre

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Favre

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/rev/sep05/355081.asp

They're talking about Favre retiring, soon.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Re: Favre

That is funny. I hope he doesn't retire, Rodgers might not throw as many pics!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

the link aint' working for me. It says that I need to sign in. :cry:

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

The most interesting commentary on television Sunday about the Green Bay Packers was provided by Tom Jackson of ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown."

Strongest because he suggested the Packers as an organization might have given up winning championships and are more interested in preparing for franchise life without quarterback Brett Favre.

In fact, Jackson said the Packers might be ushering Favre toward retirement.

Jackson and co-analysts Steve Young, who in August was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and Michael Irvin, who has a good chance to be enshrined, were talking following a taped interview with Favre.

"I think that Green Bay actually - and I don't like this because you love Brett Favre - I think they almost are leading him toward retirement," Jackson said. "You took away two of his anchors on the offensive line, two of the great offensive guards in this league. So he's going to get the kind of pressure that we haven't seen him get in the past. He's going to be in games where defensively you know he is going to be in shootouts where he has to throw rather than when he wants to throw. He's going to be throwing all the time."

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    the link aint' working for me. It says that I need to sign in. :cry:
    I was able to read it, maybe I signed up in the past. It is free.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

No surprise there... He's way past being decent, not that he ever was.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

This will be Favre's last year. I think he will leave on his own.

The most disturbing thing for me was watching Favre yelling at his teammates, and they apparently not being interested in what he had to say.

It was very Dan Marino-esque. I've always hoped he could end his career like Elway, not like Marino. Doesn't look that way.

But, like him or hate him, he deserves to leave on his own terms. He'll play out the season, and think about 2003 and have some regrets.

You guys will miss him, too. I'm having trouble figuring out who to hate now that Moss and Hovan are gone.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"LosAngelis" wrote:

The most disturbing thing for me was watching Favre yelling at his teammates, and they apparently not being interested in what he had to say.

It was very Dan Marino-esque. I've always hoped he could end his career like Elway, not like Marino. Doesn't look that way.

But, like him or hate him, he deserves to leave on his own terms. He'll play out the season, and think about 2003 and have some regrets.

You guys will miss him, too. I'm having trouble figuring out who to hate now that Moss and Hovan are gone.
    Los he had to yell at his OL yesterday late in the game they gave him no time to throw the ball and he ended each play on his keister.

As far as him retiring he should do what he wants but as a player I love to hate the guy.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Why would you ever hate on Hovan? I think Favre will leave sometime the middle of the year, could be an injury. I didn't see anything about him yelling at teamates, who was he yelling at and why?

He's done Los, you have to come to grips with that. Now as far as hating someone once Favre is gone, your right, that will be tough. Right now I still hate McCombs for trading Moss so as soon as that passes I will redirect it towards the Packers. I just can't hate your team that much when they suck this bad.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

hovan he let his lineman have it (don't remember who it was exactly) because he got sacked on three consecutive plays in the forth quarter.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast