Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CynicalVike is offline Starter

Re: Fascists on Parade @ Ford Field ....

Then maybe a whole row of fans should paint the letters on their chests that say "Fire Millen" and just take their shirts off once the game starts, or even better yet, maybe a radio station should do a promotion and give away like 20,000 towels that say "Fire Millen" and give them out to fans across the street from the stadium on game day. Something like the old Twins "Homer Hanky"!
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

BearsTroll is offline Rookie

i feel bad for the lions it seams like whatever happens in the NFL the lions can never get a good team together. Barry was the bright spot for the past 30 years or so of lions history, and i'm not even sure if they won a playoff game

Poor randy

6-KINGS Guest

"LunchBox" wrote:
    Yes, 6-Kings, you are exactly correct! Did you go to law school too?
    No I didn't go to school to study law, I studied law books on my own.But here is a tidbit.
    I have sued 2 people and I have represented myself on both occasions in court.
    Won both times.
    And the people I was suing had high dollar lawyers too!!
    Both were labor disputes.

Great feeling.
    These lawyers looked at me like "here is a cake walk" and I crushed them.
    One man I sued got put in jail, because I caught him lying on the stand during questioning.

Prophet Guest

LEWAND LYING ABOUT FORD FIELD POLICIES?
    5 December 2005
    by Mike Florio

The Detroit media is giving plenty of attention to the fact that fans at Ford Field staged a mini-revolt against the Lions on Sunday, featuring chants of "Jo-ey, Jo-ey" (maybe they wanted Matt LeBlanc to play quarterback) and "Fire Millen."

The thing that still bothers us is that security goons chased down a guy with a crudely-made sign that reduced the sentiment regarding the team's CEO to writing. Apart from the reality that the paid Motown thugs in the stands apparently have more tackling skills than any of the paid Motown thugs on the field, the desire to restrict and remove any displays of dissent seems to be a blatant restriction of our right to disagree with the folks to whom we give our money.

The heavy-handed conduct wasn't limited to folks with signs. According to The Detroit News, Bernard Andreini of Flint, Michigan was nearly ejected for trying to inspire others to join the "Fire Millen" chant in the stadium concourse.

"I should have a chance to voice my opinion," Andreini said. "It's like I buy a car from Ford and I don't like my car, I should be able to tell them. This is the same."

And Lions president Tom Lewand might be speaking with fork tongue regarding the team's justification for confiscating signs with negative messages and brown paper bags that fans planned to wear on their heads.

[No comment.]

Per The Detroit News, Lewand said that fans must follow a fan code of conduct listed at FordField.com, and that the code of conduct states that fans aren't allowed to carry banners or signs into the stadium, even if the signs are positive.

"It really has nothing to do with the message," says Lewand. "It's about fan enjoyment. We treat them all the same."

"Bullsh-t," we say.

Though the list of "Prohibited Items" at FordField.com includes "banners," it doesn't include "signs." Is there a difference? We think so. Banners are big and can impinge on the ability of other fans to watch the crappy football product on the field. Signs like the small, hand-held thing displayed by the guy who got jacked up on Sunday permit others to enjoy all of the crappy play without disruption.

Besides, we can't imagine that security ever would bogart a banner that says "Millen Is Great" or "Ford Trucks Don't Suck." Indeed, photos from Sunday show other larger signs in the stands. If banners and signs are prohibited, how did fans smuggle large pieces of blue construction paper into the facility?

[Maybe only a body cavity search would have detected the large blue sign in the background.]

The whole thing stinks, in our view. And we have a feeling that things could get even uglier when the Lions return to Ford Field on December 18 for a game against the Bengals.

If, that is, anyone bothers to show up.

mfenlon is offline Rookie

I was at the game yesterday and I live here in Michigan.
    I don't feel sorry for the lion;s or their fans.
    They get what they deserve. I got more high fives
    yesterday from Lion's fan than Vike's fans.
    They were cheering for the Vikes to score.
    "Joey", "Fire Millen" and even "cocaine wayne"
    chants. It has hit he bottom in D-town and I am lovin
    it!!!!
    #1 in The North

I live in St. Louis and went to the game yesterday. I bought a $75 ticket for $20 and sat with the Rams $3000 per seat + $75 PSL owners. They are predominately older (on average 55+) and VERY reserved. The local sports station was commenting that the lower Dome crowd is quiet and will call security for "excesive fan noise".

I think it has to do with the clientel that can afford such expensive seats are older and more reserved.

Ford Field is similar (I've been there and my brother-in-law is a season ticket holder). It's today's NFL, the customers are much different than before the PSL days.

Also, the Rams owner, Georgia Frontere is elderly and has nothing to do with the team. She just takes the profit and lives in Sedonia. Oh yeah, the Rams are a mess right now but PSL owners have to show up to feel like they are getting their money's worth.

Del Rio Guest

I'm not sure why the higher ups love Millen so much. I mean ok sure you can be assholes on your own private propertyif you want. I mean you can tackle a guy that helped pay for your stadium that is a small part of the reason you even have a team because he is saying things that you find hurtful.

You can be here as long as you say what we want you to say. Nevermind you financially support us. Nevermind you pay for this shitty product we have been putting on the field.

This is stupid and it does flirt with Fascist ways.

That whole organization needs a revamp. The fans deserve better then that.

6-KINGS Guest

[quote="Del Rio"

You can be here as long as you say what we want you to say. Nevermind you financially support us. Nevermind you pay for this poohie product we have been putting on the field.

[/quote]

Yeap that is about the gist of it.

God bless private property rights.

With freedom of speech comes responsibility, accountability and consequences.

Imagine that, someone being held accountable for their slanderous use of speech...

SWEET!.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

the lions should not have tried to silence the crowd by enjecting people. it makes them look like bad guys. it makes it look like the mini-revolt was justified.

when you see someone protesting, what is the more imprinted message? the protesting? or the trying to stop them? i think its trying to stop them thats always imprinted in peoples minds.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

6-KINGS Guest

"happy camper" wrote:
    the lions should not have tried to silence the crowd by enjecting people. it makes them look like bad guys. it makes it look like the mini-revolt was justified.

when you see someone protesting, what is the more imprinted message? the protesting? or the trying to stop them? i think its trying to stop them thats always imprinted in peoples minds.
    They must CRUSH the Rebel scum!!!

They were looking for trouble and they got it.
    Now it's like "poor me........help help I'm being repressed!!"

If you don't act like a uncivilized adult, you should be beaten.

Do we not spank our children when they deliberately misbehave in public?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast