Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Farves most untouchable record

Having a wife who is a cheesehead (She's pretty solid otherwise lol) I have had to endure the in laws glowing talk of farve for way too long. All of the crap about how great he is, but I think the one record he has that will never be broken is the number of receivers he has laid out by putting the ball in their hads just in time for a defender to knock them out.

Think back on his carreer and how the media has gushed that he has been able to accomplish his stats without having one main receiver to throw to ala Manning and Harrison or Young and Rice.

The sad truth is that no reciever has had the opportunity to play that long with him because he keeps laying them out.It all started with the great Sterling Sharpe, who's career was cut short due to injuries suffered by Brett's " I can put the ball anywhere" mentality.

Who was next? Ferguson, That guy who was on the madden commercial talking about his "Breakaway Speed"? Freeman... I think he had three guys laid out last year alone. I am amazed they can even sign a wide receiver any more. But face it, when was the last time any top free agent wideout even went to talk to green bay about playing there? You shure didn't see TO flying to GB for an interview. Moss,the deep ball threat? Even he was too smart to go there.

I would like to see the stats of how many careers he ended with that shotgun arm. It has to be an untouchable record.Also, I wonder what player has lasted the longest with him. My guess is it is Freeman,who spent most of his time in a cast of some sort. And then we could move to tight ends. There must be 4 or 5 of them on the list too.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Farves most untouchable record

when i seen this heading i thought it was a april fools joke!!!!

scharles is offline Rookie

Sterling was hurt while blocking, I watched the game, it had nothing to do with Favre "layin" him out. About T.O. not flying to GB for an interview, I think it was because he wasn't invited. Idk if you remember the statement T.O. made last year, "If Brett Favre was our QB we'd be undefeated," but I think that pretty much speaks for itself.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Moss,the deep ball threat? Even he was too smart to go there.
    I didn't realize that Moss 'was too smart to go there.' He got traded, and didn't have too much input about where he ended up.

fabybaby32 is offline Rookie

As much as I love to see Favre bashed, I think this is a somewhat riduculous post. Everyone knows first of all that Favre's most untouchable record is his streak of games started. When we bash him, lets do it on something better than this. How about how he beat us last year both times. Wait! Or how he beat us in the playoffs in Lambeau two years ago.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Vicatin pills taken in a 24 hour span

His record should stand the test of time.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Vikaholic is offline Waterboy

I saw Favre's last game against us...it was sweet. I hope he comes back one more year so we can kick his a** 2 more times! SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

scharles is offline Rookie

"fabybaby32" wrote:
    As much as I love to see Favre bashed, I think this is a somewhat riduculous post. Everyone knows first of all that Favre's most untouchable record is his streak of games started. When we bash him, lets do it on something better than this. How about how he beat us last year both times. Wait! Or how he beat us in the playoffs in Lambeau two years ago.

This is appreciated, a respectable comment. Way to show a little class man.

Vikadelic is offline Starter

Good Ol' Brett will break many records this year. However, none of them will be tougher to break than the "All time interceptions" record he will set this year if he returns.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikadelic" wrote:
    Good Ol' Brett will break many records this year. However, none of them will be tougher to break than the "All time interceptions" record he will set this year if he returns.
    That's what I thought the answer to the post title would be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast