Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Faneca says he wants out

I think this would be a great opportunity for the Vikes to solidify the right side of the O-Line by trading for a franchise guard, even thought Ryan Cook is still developing and we shouldve been given up on Marcus Johnson becuz he stinks.
    The problems i see is:

1. Who do we trade?? ???

2. Will Steve Hutchinson get pissed if Faneca's new contract involves more money than his. Hutch's contract was 7yr/49mil, and im pretty sure Faneca will demand more than that, probably in the 6-7yr/50-60mil range. But i would love this pickup we would have to move him to Right Guard though.

3. Will Faneca be the same switching from Left Guard to Right Guard??

4. How long will it be before Faneca's age catches up to him, this yr will be his 9th yr in the league I believe

Those 4 problems are the only problems I see if were we to get Faneca im pretty sure you guys and girls have many more problems or questions that you see with this issue.

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

"Jordan" wrote:
    I think this would be a great opportunity for the Vikes to solidify the right side of the O-Line by trading for a franchise guard, even thought Ryan Cook is still developing and we shouldve been given up on Marcus Johnson becuz he stinks.
    The problems i see is:

1. Who do we trade?? ???

2. Will Steve Hutchinson get pissed if Faneca's new contract involves more money than his. Hutch's contract was 7yr/49mil, and im pretty sure Faneca will demand more than that, probably in the 6-7yr/50-60mil range. But i would love this pickup we would have to move him to Right Guard though.

4. How long will it be before Faneca's age catches up to him, this yr will be his 9th yr in the league I believe

Those 4 problems are the only problems I see if were we to get Faneca im pretty sure you guys and girls have many more problems or questions that you see with this issue.
    That would be impossible.. Its in Steve Hutchinsons contract that he needs to be the highest payed offensive lineman on the team.. - So we would have to re-do Hutchinsons contract in order to give Fanaca a better deal..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

aceclown is offline Coach

How about a straight up trade- Briggs for Faneca?
    I know it doesnt involve the Vikes but it would solve both teams' problems.

Chuch.

Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Is Faneca a right guard or left guard?
    I believe he played LG
    What do we have that might facilitate a trade with our old D-coord?

Something/Someone on the D side of the ball?
    If he is disgruntled & wants out of Pittsburgh, how long would it be before he'd want out of Minnesota?

If he played RG, it might draw a little more interest from the Vikings, but they are set with Hutchinson at LG.
    "You go somewhere, you've been here for nine years; to do what I've done to help this team out. The things I've done for this team ... and the offer I get is pretty much a non-offer. What am I to think? What are the guys in this room to think? If they can do it to me and everybody else and let Joey [Porter] go and do things like that, what does that say to the rest of the guys?"
    "I lived and breathed Steelers football for nine years and gave them everything I had, helped them win a Super Bowl. In my mind, I've earned the right to be treated fairly. To make me go out there this year, play football with no security ... for what I've done for this organization, in my mind is not right."
    I don't think his attitude is as big a problem as this.
    All he wants is to be appreciated.

Might also have something to do with loss of some of the coaching staff and unhappiness with the new staff.

Regardless, he has done nothing but perform for them for 9 years without being disgruntled.

Doesn't appear that the Steelers are willing to appreciate him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

laujesse is offline Starter

"skum" wrote:
    "Jordan" wrote:
    The problems i see is:

1. Who do we trade?? ???

That would be impossible.. Its in Steve Hutchinsons contract that he needs to be the highest payed offensive lineman on the team.. - So we would have to re-do Hutchinsons contract in order to give Fanaca a better deal..
    It is not impossible, he will not get the same deals as those guys as he is already on the wrong side of 30.
    The poison pill you are referring to is not a problem, it is only in average annual salary not guaranteed money which he will be looking for at his age.

Our extra 3rd rounder should be more that enough to seal the deal, he has one year left on his deal and he took any leverage they had away.

I was also reading some nonsense about he is a LG not a RG so we cant use him, you cant be serious???

He is the best guard in football both as an inline blocker and as a puller in space.
    If we have a chance to get him I would love to see it.
    I remember 2 years ago when the Steelers knocked the vikes out of the playoffs and went on to the superbowl.
    He took and planted Pat Williams and then Spencer Johnson on their arse's on the goal line.
    I also remember he chasing down Shaper to block him 10 yards down the field.

If we get him it will be as unfair as the Patriots WR core.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM IN PURPLE!
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Faneca skips workout, returns after Tomlin's request

PITTSBURGH (AP) — An angry Alan Faneca boycotted the first of the Pittsburgh Steelers' two minicamp practices Saturday because of a comment made to him by management during a morning meeting, but returned for the second practice after talking briefly with new coach Mike Tomlin.
    Faneca, the five-time All-Pro left guard, promised Friday this will be his final season in Pittsburgh after the two sides held only cursory offseason talks regarding a new contract. Faneca is in the final season of a contract that was initially worth about $25 million in 2002 but was subsequently renegotiated.

Still upset on Saturday, Faneca became angrier during the meeting with ownership — apparently, with team president Art Rooney II, the son of owner Dan Rooney. Faneca would not reveal what the remark was.

"It was something that was said," Faneca said. "I'm just going to leave it at that."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ca-angry_N.htm
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Darren Sharper An a second round pick for Feneca sounds great. sense we got 6 starting safeties

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"laujesse" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    "Jordan" wrote:
    The problems i see is:

1. Who do we trade?? ???

It is not impossible, he will not get the same deals as those guys as he is already on the wrong side of 30.
    The poison pill you are referring to is not a problem, it is only in average annual salary not guaranteed money which he will be looking for at his age.

Our extra 3rd rounder should be more that enough to seal the deal, he has one year left on his deal and he took any leverage they had away.

I was also reading some nonsense about he is a LG not a RG so we cant use him, you cant be serious???

He is the best guard in football both as an inline blocker and as a puller in space.
    I remember 2 years ago when the Steelers knocked the vikes out of the playoffs and went on to the superbowl.
    He took and planted Pat Williams and then Spencer Johnson on their arse's on the goal line.

but it would be impossible to pay him more than they pay hutch because Hutch's entire contract becomes guaranteed money if he isn't the highest paid O lineman on the team.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

The Steelers have no obligation to give Faneca a new contract, but you can understand why he's upset. If people like Derrick Dockery and Leonard Davis, hardly Pro-Bowl-calibre Guards, break the bank with deals equal to that of our Steve Hutchinson, you'd expect someone like Faneca (a multiple-time Pro-Bowler, like Hutch) to be paid accordingly.

Personally, I think this is a win-win for Faneca. He either gets his money now, or he goes to Arizona next season to be with the Head Coach and O-Line Coach he wanted in Pittsburgh.

laujesse is offline Starter

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    "Jordan" wrote:
    The problems i see is:

1. Who do we trade?? ???

but it would be impossible to pay him more than they pay hutch because Hutch's entire contract becomes guaranteed money if he isn't the highest paid O lineman on the team.
    ???
    nevermind...
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast