Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Falcons sign Ray Edwards to 5 year deal

Week 12 can't come soon enough... Here's to hoping we are contending for a division title/playoff spot and Robison and Load having a huge day.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "Vikefanman2000" #1101935
    Ray was a legend in his own mind! JA was chasing QB's right into his lap, yet he only managed 6 or 7 sacks a year. Solid player....I suppose. Worth 30mil...no way. Bubye Ray....enjoy your two year run in Atlanta before they cut you.
    Well said.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101924
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1101869
    Going to be interesting to see how well he performs down there. Here's where the handful of "Ray isn't affected by who he plays with" posters get to prove the merits of their arguments.

Caine
    Ahhh the ole Right Wrong thing again.

Are you saying that he won't be lining up with other good DLmen in Atlanta?
    he probably will be, the difference is he now has the mantle of being a large FA acquisition with the $$ to go with that. Time for the body to back up the mouth and promise..somehow I think the Falcons will get short changed on that.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe from a statistical standpoint but not from his mouth :laugh:

Ray was a talker, but he was a solid left end. I think the Falcons got a great deal bringing him in. He's making half as much as Charles Johnson got. Ray isn't that much older (26 this season vs. 25). Johnson's year last year was very good, better than any of Ray's. But Ray has been a solid all-around player and seasons of 8 and 8.5 sacks from the left end spot are nothing to scoff at.

You never know for sure what any player is going to do going forward. But based on past production, it looks to me like Atlanta got a good deal and a good player.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Overlord" #1102526
    Ray was a talker, but he was a solid left end. I think the Falcons got a great deal bringing him in. He's making half as much as Charles Johnson got. Ray isn't that much older (26 this season vs. 25). Johnson's year last year was very good, better than any of Ray's. But Ray has been a solid all-around player and seasons of 8 and 8.5 sacks from the left end spot are nothing to scoff at.

You never know for sure what any player is going to do going forward. But based on past production, it looks to me like Atlanta got a good deal and a good player.
    I won't disagree with you that Edwards is a solid player. However, I won't necessarily agree with you in that they got a good deal. Compared to what the Pnathers overpaid for Johnson, yes. But let's just see how Edwards plays first. He does have a good RDE playing on the line in Abraham. I don't know who their 2 interior lineman are. They aren't the Williams wall. I guess time will tell.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Going to be interesting to see how well he performs down there. Here's where the handful of "Ray isn't affected by who he plays with" posters get to prove the merits of their arguments.

Caine
    Going to be interesting to see how well Robison performs & if he can get double-digit sacks playing along side 3 pro bowlers to prove the merits of some posters arguments.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I can see people STILL can't figure out that it's easier to get a sack attacking from a QB's blind side, than it is trying to get a sack when the QB see's you coming.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102643

Caine
    Going to be interesting to see how well Robison performs & if he can get double-digit sacks playing along side 3 pro bowlers to prove the merits of some posters arguments.
    I didn't hear Robison talking about breaking the sack record...

I didn't hear Robison whining about money...

Ray gets to step up and PROVE how good he really is now. He got his "big Boy" contract...let's see if he lives up to it.

Robison gets the same challenge, but doesn't have the big mouth to add pressure to his task.

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102644
    I can see people STILL can't figure out that it's easier to get a sack attacking from a QB's blind side, than it is trying to get a sack when the QB see's you coming.
    I can see people STILL can't figure out that teams put their best pass-blocking tackle on the left side to try and counter that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast