Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vick to Rams?

I feel he should get a short leash

And im sure that's what he will get.. A team struggling like that Rams will offer him a decent contract.. And if he stays outta trouble they get a good player if he is ready to play again

If he fucks up then he is gone

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I don't like the guy really.. But he does deserve one more shot
    Just curious... but I hear this a lot... why does he deserve one MORE shot?

Does his brother at least deserve one shot at the NFL?

Do I deserve one shot at the NFL?

Seems like he had his shot... I'm not arguing either way, but I'm just not sure what makes him "Deserve" another shot.
    The difference in my opinion is that Vick was an already proven adequate NFL QB.
    This was all taken away from him by his own bonehead stupidity.
    He paid the price for his crime and should be able to resume his old job.

It's tough to type that...if I ran the show I'd make him take on a pack of pit bulls prior to being reinstated to the NFL.
    See how tough he is without a weapon and 16 angry pit bulls staring him down and going for his jugular.
    He's an athlete...I'm sure he'd survive.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Vick is a the Joseph Mengele of animal abuse. He doesn't deserve reinstatement.
    :

He did his time, he should be free to pursue any career he wants.

How many NFL players have committed crimes? How many have actually been punished with more than a slap on the wrist? I think Vick deserves a second chance more than any of them do.
    How many NFL players torture, electrocute, drown and kill dogs by bashing their heads into concrete? He's a sociopath who really didn't do enough time aside from the animal abuse/murder. Also, he's just an idiot beyond imagination, who with his millions could have started several businesses but decided to participate in organized crime. He only stopped because he got caught, not due to a moral change of heart. Look for the St. Louis cat juggling scene to pop off when he gets to town.
    Do you eat meat?

If so you may want to go Vegetarian.

was he wrong? Yes I don't agree with what he did but I also think everyone deserves a second chance. There are alot of people out there that have done horrible things and were given a second chance and proved that they have turned their lives around. There is also a ton of people that were given a second chance and fucked it up big time. But they were given a second chance Vick deserves a second chance. What he does with thta opportunity is up to him to decide not us.

St. Louis is maybe the ideal spot for him to go to. Have a older veteran QB, not much depth behind him. Its a high risk, high reward type of situation.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Garland" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    :

How many NFL players have committed crimes? How many have actually been punished with more than a slap on the wrist? I think Vick deserves a second chance more than any of them do.
    How many NFL players torture, electrocute, drown and kill dogs by bashing their heads into concrete? He's a sociopath who really didn't do enough time aside from the animal abuse/murder. Also, he's just an idiot beyond imagination, who with his millions could have started several businesses but decided to participate in organized crime. He only stopped because he got caught, not due to a moral change of heart. Look for the St. Louis cat juggling scene to pop off when he gets to town.
    Do you eat meat?

was he wrong? Yes I don't agree with what he did but I also think everyone deserves a second chance. There are alot of people out there that have done horrible things and were given a second chance and proved that they have turned their lives around. There is also a ton of people that were given a second chance and fucked it up big time. But they were given a second chance Vick deserves a second chance. What he does with thta opportunity is up to him to decide not us.

St. Louis is maybe the ideal spot for him to go to. Have a older veteran QB, not much depth behind him. Its a high risk, high reward type of situation.
    Very interesting point actually... puts it in perspective.

Not sure this is true... thought I may have heard it somewhere, but slaughterhouses actually have to skin cattle while they're still alive in order to make sure blood is still flowing through the beef when they cut it.

What's your definition of animal torture?

Is that true? Googling now.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    :

Do you eat meat?

Not sure this is true... thought I may have heard it somewhere, but slaughterhouses actually have to skin cattle while they're still alive in order to make sure blood is still flowing through the beef when they cut it.

Why wouldn't the blood be flowing through the beef if they didn't skin it?

The blood's gonna be there no matter what, isn't it?

"Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=DeathtoDenny link=topic=52041.msg953725#msg953725 date=1243803105]
    :

Do you eat meat?

[/quote]

Yes but if the heart stops the blood stops flowing, blood flow keeps the meat fresh.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=52041.msg953873#msg953873 date=1243834239]
    [quote author=DeathtoDenny link=topic=52041.msg953725#msg953725 date=1243803105]
    :

Do you eat meat?

[/quote]

Yes but if the heart stops the blood stops flowing, blood flow keeps the meat fresh.
    [/quote]
    What I'm trying to say is, if you're gonna kill it, isn't the heart gonna stop anyway? They don't cut it while it's alive, so what difference would skinning it make?

It just makes no sense to me. The blood is going to be flowing up until the time of slaughter, so why would how you treat it pre-slaughter effect where the blood is in the cow's body post-slaughter?

from wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughterhouse

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Slaughterhouse is also a good rap group
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Purple Mk1 is offline Rookie

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

...if I ran the show I'd make him take on a pack of pit bulls prior to being reinstated to the NFL.
    See how tough he is without a weapon and 16 angry pit bulls staring him down and going for his jugular.

He's an athlete...I'm sure he'd survive.
    That sounds fair.
    Would help NFL scouts determine how mobile he still is, too!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast