Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Falcons to release Vick

    [size=13pt]Report: Rams Interested In Vick[/size]

    Posted by Aaron Wilson on May 31, 2009, 12:54 p.m. EDT

    The St. Louis Rams have emerged as a potential landing spot for suspended quarterback Michael Vick if he’s reinstated, and team officials have been performing their “due diligence,” according to Michael Lombardi of NFP and NFL Network.

    Per the report, the Rams have “genuine interest” in Vick, who’s on house arrest in Virginia after serving 18 months in federal prison.

    “Several people in the NFL told me not to rule out St. Louis as a possible destination for Vick,” Lombardi writes. “If [NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell] reinstates him, look for them to actively pursue him. It makes sense, a new coach with an older quarterback who hasn’t played well. Playing in a dome on carpet would highlight Vick’s speed and athleticism.”

    Of course, the Rams being up for sale complicates Vick’s prospects because new ownership could be opposed to pursuing Vick.


  2. #2
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re: Vick to Rams?

    Now that is interesting. I wonder if Bulger will be demanding a trade like Cutler did.
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #3
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Vick to Rams?

    I have a difficult time believing that Bulgers job is at stake.

  4. #4
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vick to Rams?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I have a difficult time believing that Bulgers job is at stake.
    I would take Bulger.
    Give him some time and he can shred defenses.

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530

    Re: Vick to Rams?

    The Rams could be up for sale anyways, so the owner wouldn't care about the PR nightmare...

    LA would love a Vick-Rams team, I think.

    Interesting.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Vick to Rams?

    "C" wrote:
    The Rams could be up for sale anyways, so the owner wouldn't care about the PR nightmare...

    LA would love a Vick-Rams team, I think.

    Interesting.
    IMO, having Vick would decrease the value of the team.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  7. #7
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530

    Re: Vick to Rams?

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    The Rams could be up for sale anyways, so the owner wouldn't care about the PR nightmare...

    LA would love a Vick-Rams team, I think.

    Interesting.
    IMO, having Vick would decrease the value of the team.
    Pretty sure they can cut Vick if they own the team. Either way, in the immediate future, it could increase (or drastically decrease) ticket sales.

    It should be interesting.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #8
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Vick to Rams?

    "C" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    The Rams could be up for sale anyways, so the owner wouldn't care about the PR nightmare...

    LA would love a Vick-Rams team, I think.

    Interesting.
    IMO, having Vick would decrease the value of the team.
    Pretty sure they can cut Vick if they own the team. Either way, in the immediate future, it could increase (or drastically decrease) ticket sales.

    It should be interesting.
    How many people will be at Ram's TC and games with signs that say "Give Vick a second chance"?

    Or "Vick is a sadist"

    Myself I like sarcasm so mine will read, "Vick needs a job to put food on his table at his $8 million home"
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  9. #9
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530

    Re: Vick to Rams?

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    The Rams could be up for sale anyways, so the owner wouldn't care about the PR nightmare...

    LA would love a Vick-Rams team, I think.

    Interesting.
    IMO, having Vick would decrease the value of the team.
    Pretty sure they can cut Vick if they own the team. Either way, in the immediate future, it could increase (or drastically decrease) ticket sales.

    It should be interesting.
    How many people will be at Ram's TC and games with signs that say "Give Vick a second chance"?

    Or "Vick is a sadist"

    Myself I like sarcasm so mine will read, "Vick needs a job to put food on his table at his $8 million home"
    lol... I like yours the best.

    To be honest, I don't care how many people will be at Rams TC... they're one of my least favorite teams.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Vick to Rams?

    Vick is a the Joseph Mengele of animal abuse. He doesn't deserve reinstatement.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Falcons Were Shopping Vick For A Seventh-Rounder
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
  2. Five Falcons fined for uniform violations over Vick-related support
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 10:11 AM
  3. My letter to the Falcons about Vick.
    By PurpleGator in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 11:43 AM
  4. Falcons insist they won't cut or trade Vick
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 10:03 AM
  5. Falcons release Ambrose, Jefferson
    By VikemanX84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 09:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •