Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Falcons cut Ray Edwards

The Falcons, riding high with an 8-1 record, have released defensive end Ray Edwards. Jay Glazer of FOX first reported the move, and the team has announced the transaction.

FULL STORY: Falcons cut Ray Edwards | ProFootballTalk
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    The signing was a rare mistake by GM Thomas Dimitroff with Edwards ending up being a colossal bust
    LINK

Well its nice to see the Vikes went in the right direction with Robison and Ray can go back to boxing until a team and he can see eye to eye on a contract

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I remember all those moronic Falcon fans thinking I was jealous that the Vikes lost Edwards when I was just trying to tell them that he sucked. They didn't believe me and lots of people on here were fans of him too. He's garbage.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Falcons cut Ray Edwards

Better them than us. Good decision to let him go at the time, even more evident now.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I guess that clears up the debate as to whether or not our line puts others in a position to succeed.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    for all the people that hollar for JA to be traded.. this should show just how important he is.. although ray also had the williams wall taking away players. he was 1v1 pretty much every snap. i wouldn't say he's garbage, but Robinson for me is 2x the athlete/player without the diva attitude.

gl ray.. i'm sure he'll find a team but not for the $ he believes himself worth.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Yup, he was one of the most overrated players in the NFL when he signed with Atlanta. I even got into a mini-argument with Tom Pelissero over this issue on another website... of course I was correct. (Pelissero reallly doesn't understand the game... not sure how he got his job)

He blew-up during the playoff game against Dallas in 2009... that was it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Contrary to popular opinion there are times when our FO do know what they are doing. Alway knew that Edwards was over-rated by himself and overpaid by the Falcons
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Robison>Edwards

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    As Falcons coach Mike Smith called on his players to gather in the locker room, Edwards sat alone along the wall and ignored the request. He was called upon three separate times and refused to join until his teammates ordered him over.
    The owner and GM were in the locker after the Saints loss when this happened which lead to Edwards release

LINK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast