Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Falcons | Abraham acquired in trade

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    I hope Denver doesn't take one of our linebackers that we need at #17

Plus I wonder if the falcons who are getting two additional draft picks to go along with Abraham (steal for them IMO) will make it harder for teams to try and trade for Schaub now. I know you can't really have enough draft picks... but I think the Falcons will be content with where they are at right now and keep him.
    I'm pretty sure Denver is set at linebacker. They've got DJ Williams, Al Wilson, and Ian Gold.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I see Denver going after Lendale White or Mulroney (sp?) if this trade happens. They have Ron Dayne (gulp) & Tatum Bell (meh). They would certainly go after a RB at # 15

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Don't they have 3 first rounders now? Or am I reading this wrong?

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikez4Lyfe[b wrote:
    "]Don't they have 3 first rounders now? Or am I reading this wrong?
    [/b

:shock: :shock: :shock:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Ok NM... They are trading one of thier first rounds and some other picks to move up..

And what was all that garbage there Vikeswin? What exactly were u trying to do?

JDante is offline Rookie

i can see Deangelo WIlliams on my Broncos, but not Laurence Maroney. But if it was ME, and I had a oppurtunity to get Chad Jacksn id take it in a quickness. Rod Smith is Old and Ashley Lelie, well just aint a number one guy. Vernon Davis would be a steal at 15th, but its doubtful hell be there.

They are pretty set on linemen, they got the best o-lin in football (but wait do tha Vikes have that now???) and they got very good corners (chant bailey!) good defens period actually and a pretty close to halfway decent runnin back duo in Ron Dayne and Tatum Bell (I dont think that Clarett would be there) And since there wont be no qbs available at fiteen, theyll get eithera runnin back or wide reciever. either way they goin to tha superbowl in tha next 3 years. Watch Out for Denver Broncos nex year.
    Yea.

Prophet Guest

Falcons | Contract update: J. Abraham
    Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:23:18 -0800

Andrea Adelson, of the Associated Press, reports the contract agreed to with the Atlanta Falcons by DE John Abraham is a six-year, $45 million deal, with about $18 million guaranteed. He will get $15.5 million in reporting and signing bonuses this year. "He's elated," said Abraham's agent, Rich Rosa. "He's very happy; he's got the long-term deal he's always wanted."

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    I hope Denver doesn't take one of our linebackers that we need at #17

Plus I wonder if the falcons who are getting two additional draft picks to go along with Abraham (steal for them IMO) will make it harder for teams to try and trade for Schaub now. I know you can't really have enough draft picks... but I think the Falcons will be content with where they are at right now and keep him.

But Atlanta does not have a 1st round pick in the draft, and the additional picks could be mid to late rounders maybe a 3 & 7.

So they may still be interested if the right deal is presented!

If we would make a move up to #2 to get Leniert, we would have to give our 1st, both 2nds and probably a 4th rounder to get that high.

And then to sign him we would have to give about a 18 million dollar signing bonus and 8 million a year in salary, for an unproven rookie!

If we would trade to Atlanta our 1st and our 4th rounder this year and next years 3rd rounder for Matt Schaub. He is still under contract for this year for around $750,000.00 we rework his contract and add bonus for next year and a pay raise. We get a great prospect, and we give up less draft picks and we save a ton of money.

Win Win for all involved!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

fsstangs is offline Waterboy

I wouldnt mind the shaub deal but I really hope we dont trade all the picks to take a chance on one of the "top 3" QB's. Word on the streets is the broncos are trying to move up now for one of the QB's?????

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"fsstangs" wrote:
    I wouldnt mind the shaub deal but I really hope we dont trade all the picks to take a chance on one of the "top 3" QB's. Word on the streets is the broncos are trying to move up now for one of the QB's?????

They have Jake Plummer who had a very good year in 2005 and made the pro-bowl.

2005: Named a member of the AFC Pro Bowl for the first time in his career. Started all 16 games and has completed 277 of 456 (60.7%) for 3,366 yards, and 18 touchdowns and seven interceptions while being sacked 22 times for 135 yards engineering the league’s fifth-ranked offense which turned the ball over the fewest times (16) in franchise history.
    He is not the best QB in the world, but I can not see Denver trading up and then having Leinart, Young or Cutler riding the pine with the money they will have to pay them.

Buit stranger things have happened.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast