Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fairweather Fans!

Lately I have been seeing people post on facebook about their "favorite" team, the bears/packers/steelers/jets. about how they're "Going to the Super Bowl!" and "Gonna kick some ass!!!" most of the time these are just fans being fans, but sometimes it is just dumb people who think its the cool thing to do to suddenly become a diehard fan of either the team closest to the, the team with the coolest uniforms, the team with the better record or the team with the best mascots. these fairweather fans piss me off more than anything in the world. I live in iowa about three hours away from chicago and everyone seems to all of the sudden be bears fans, these are the same people who suddenly became blackhawks fans last season. let me know if you guys deal with this and if it bothers you this much.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Fairweather Fans!

I'm seeing a lot more Green Bay around here(New Jersey) and always see a lot of Steelers stuff... if there's one group of fans I hate it's them.

The Jets stuff has been pretty consistent my whole life, but now that the team is getting so much attention it's more than ever.

Not much Bears though.

Packers-Steelers in Dallas is my nightmare Super Bowl matchup so I'm saying J!-E!-T!-S! JETS! JETS! JETS! and hoping the Packers lose. I can't move myself to root for the Bears, but I can root for the Packers to lose

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Fairweather Fans!

Whoever wins the superbowl this year will gain fans who said they were saints fans after they won last year

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Fairweather Fans!

It happens in every sport, the people that go down that route just end up looking stupid when the team they switch to stops winning. Apart from that I'm sure it violates a man law.

Brewtal is offline Starter

Fairweather Fans!

Yeah I see Green Bay as having the worst band wagan fans. That is why I was pulling for Chicago. It happens every year. Notice how many Saints hats you saw all season? All I know is when my mom told me life isn't fair she must have been talking about Viking fans.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Fairweather Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by "Brewtal" #1088303
    Yeah I see Green Bay as having the worst band wagan fans.
    I could not disagree more. The worst bandwagon fans are, by far, Yankees fans. Followed by Cowboys and Steelers fans. Entire legions of fans who've never seen their team play in person and who became fans because those teams win stuff.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Brewtal is offline Starter

Fairweather Fans!

Figured we were talking about Football, but yeah Yankees are the worst if you include all sports. As for Packers vs. Cowboys vs. Steelers it probably changes from state to state. Where I live GreenBay is certainly the worst, but that being said it is just because Dallas isn't good this year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Fairweather Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by "BadlandsVikings" #1088289
    Whoever wins the superbowl this year will gain fans who said they were saints fans after they won last year
    Perhaps they will even gain some fans who claimed to be die-hard Vikings fans for the 2 years Favre was here.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Fairweather Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1088321
    I could not disagree more. The worst bandwagon fans are, by far, Yankees fans. Followed by Cowboys and Steelers fans. Entire legions of fans who've never seen their team play in person and who became fans because those teams win stuff.

=Z=
    Prior to Favre being a Packer, during the early 90's, many Packer fans hopped on the "America's team bandwagon" after their team had sucked for years & came back to the Pack once they started winning with Favre, bringing along defunct Cowboys fans with them.

The Walker trade & the success that the Cowboys had as a result of that, spawned many of those bandwagon fans.

Thank Mike Flynn for that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Fairweather Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1088346
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1088321
    Prior to Favre being a Packer, during the early 90's, many Packer fans hopped on the "America's team bandwagon" after their team had sucked for years & came back to the Pack once they started winning with Favre, bringing along defunct Cowboys fans with them.

The Walker trade & the success that the Cowboys had as a result of that, spawned many of those bandwagon fans.

Thank Mike Lynn for that.
    And before that, you have the 70s with TONS of Steelers and Cowboys fans because they were the winning teams.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast