Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I hear a lot of "We want young guys with untapped potential." and also "Don't give up big money, he is young and unproven." Like it or not, you have to choose one or the other.
    I'm sticking with "They know a helluva lot more about running a football team than me, so I'm going to let them handle it."

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

    Wouldn't Curtis' score of 48 out of 50 on the Wonderlic(k) (sp?) and his 4. 95 GPA be invalidated if he signed with Detroit?


    e. g.
    stupid is as stupid does


    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  3. #13
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I highly doubt that!
    Now, the Vikings FRONT OFFICE has screwed us up by not signing at least ONE of the current crop of FA WRs. . . no way we can go into the season with what we got plus a bunch of rookies. . . even if we DO get CJ. . . which is looking pretty unlikely as well.
    Put down the pipe cajun.
    Who did you really want out of that cast of characters?
    I would love to see Horn signed and I'm still banking on Curtis wearing the purple and gold.
    That dude fired his piece of pooh agent yesterday, got to love that.
    He fired his piece of pooh agent because Condon (the piece of pooh agent) couldn't get the deal done with Detroit.
    I think Curtis is not worth the money he believes he is, so I'm not at all sad to see him flounder while trying to settle for a lesser role with a worse team.

    =Z=
    If he fired his agent because the agent didn't get him an offer for his true market value, the NEW agent will correct that situation.

    If his NEW agent finds that Curtis is overvaluing himself in the market, Curtis will have to realize his error.

    If the second agent is fired, or not even hired, for the same reason ( overvaluation by Curtis ), a THIRD agent will provide another view for Curtis to consider.

    Eventually, the market will set the right value for Curtis, . . . .
    or Curtis will be released before the end of his new contract because he isn't living up to his and his new teams' overvalued expectations.

    Cutting him in 2008, 2009, 2010. . .
    is called a 'late market correction'.





    The reality of the situation is that Curtis graduated with a 3.95 GPA and is not a dumb fucker.
    If he wanted to sign with Detroit he would have with an agent or without an agent.
    He's testing the waters before he makes a decision and hoping for a bidding war.
    He will get inked and he will perform.
    My speculation is that he's the best FA WR out there, good hands, good speed, not a head-case, and young.
    Well, if you believe that, then you probably wouldn't mind spending some big bucks on him, would you? With Curtis in limbo, my personal strategy would be to send him a legit offer right now. He signs his agent, They sign the deal, and Curtis is in Minny. We already have an idea of how much he is asking for. Go for it! Childress was gung-ho in the draft last year, he got his players and got out. I want to see that same attitude again.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #14
    OchoCinco's Avatar
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    770

    Re: FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I hear a lot of "We want young guys with untapped potential." and also "Don't give up big money, he is young and unproven." Like it or not, you have to choose one or the other.
    I'm sticking with "They know a helluva lot more about running a football team than me, so I'm going to let them handle it."

    =Z=
    Agreed...
    But I like the motto "just because it worked on Madden doesn't mean it will work in real life....."
    ;D

  5. #15
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I hear a lot of "We want young guys with untapped potential." and also "Don't give up big money, he is young and unproven." Like it or not, you have to choose one or the other.
    I'm sticking with "They know a helluva lot more about running a football team than me, so I'm going to let them handle it."

    =Z=
    Nice, I'll go with "Being dependent and trusting whatever they say is ok, but I have a working brain and am able to form my own opinions about the football team I have followed my whole life."
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  6. #16
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I hear a lot of "We want young guys with untapped potential." and also "Don't give up big money, he is young and unproven." Like it or not, you have to choose one or the other.
    I'm sticking with "They know a helluva lot more about running a football team than me, so I'm going to let them handle it."

    =Z=
    Nice, I'll go with "Being dependent and trusting whatever they say is ok, but I have a working brain and am able to form my own opinions about the football team I have followed my whole life."
    If you call not pulling my hair out and screaming because the Vikings haven't signed the FAs I thought you should sign being "dependent and trusting", then I guess that's what I am.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Well, if you believe that, then you probably wouldn't mind spending some big bucks on him, would you? With Curtis in limbo, my personal strategy would be to send him a legit offer right now. He signs his agent, They sign the deal, and Curtis is in Minny. We already have an idea of how much he is asking for. Go for it! Childress was gung-ho in the draft last year, he got his players and got out. I want to see that same attitude again.
    I wouldn't mind the Vikings spending some decent cash on Curtis.
    He fits the profile of the kind of player the Vikes want to bring in.


    I don't know if it is going to come down to just money in the end though.
    Curtis appears to really want to work with Martz again, so much so that he fired his agent, reportedly because his agent was in favor of more money over working with a specific person.
    Since Minnesota was the only other place Curtis interviewed, I think one of two things could have happened.
    1) We offered more money than Detroit, and his agent wanted him to come back here.
    2) Both Minny and Detroit low balled him, and his agent wanted him to move on.

    Either way I think it shows that Zygi can open his wallet all he wants, but in the end it comes down to where Curtis as a player wants to be.
    It may mean that he accepts less money to be in Detroit, and if he does that, then he will actually gain some respect in my eyes.
    For many NFL players, it is all about the money.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

    Texans | Clark visits with team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:52:22 -0800

    Jim Carley, of HoustonTexans.com, reports the Houston Texans visited with free agent LB Danny Clark (Saints) Tuesday, March 6.


    Lions | C. Brown not scheduled to meet team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:42:41 -0800

    Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports free agent RB Chris Brown (Titans) is not scheduled to meet with the Detroit Lions.


    Buccaneers | Petitgout agrees to three-year deal
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:29:25 -0800

    Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed free agent OT Luke Petitgout (Giants) to a three-year, $15.5 million contract. The deal includes a $3 million signing bonus. He is scheduled to earn roster bonuses of $1 million (2007), $1.75 million (2008) and $1.75 million (2009). Petitgout will earn base salaries of $2 million (2007), $2.5 million (2008) and $3.5 million (2009).


    Broncos | Graham agrees to five-year contract
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:27:31 -0800

    John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos have signed free agent TE Daniel Graham (Patriots) to a five-year, $30 million contract. The deal includes $15 million in guarantees.


    Texans | Ramsey visits with team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:20:08 -0800

    Jim Carley, of HoustonTexans.com, reports the Houston Texans visited with free agent QB Patrick Ramsey (Jets) Tuesday, March 6.


    Saints | Vanderjagt to meet with team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:12:45 -0800

    Jimmy Smith, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports free agent PK Mike Vanderjagt (Cowboys) visited the New Orleans Saints Tuesday, March 6.


    Dolphins | T. Johnson visits Tuesday
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:05:10 -0800

    MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins visited with free agent SS Todd Johnson (Bears) Tuesday, March 6.


    Broncos | Wright will meet with team Wednesday
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:36:07 -0800

    Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free agent QB Anthony Wright will meet with the Denver Broncos Wednesday, March 7.


    Bengals | R. Kelly signs three-year contract
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:34:12 -0800

    Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have re-signed free agent TE Reggie Kelly to a three-year contract. Agent Jimmy Sexton told a team employee the deal was worth a total of $9 million.


    Steelers | Lee signed to offer sheet
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:00:06 -0800

    Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed restricted free agent P Andy Lee (49ers) to a six-year, $7.1 million offer sheet. The deal includes $1.66 million to sign. The 49ers have until March 13 to match the terms of the contract. If the team declines, they will receive a sixth-round draft pick as compensation.


    49ers | Strickland re-signed
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:57:38 -0800

    Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers have re-signed free agent CB Donald Strickland. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.


    Steelers | Team contacts Mahan
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:43:03 -0800

    John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have contacted free agent OL Sean Mahan (Buccaneers).


    Vikings | Team signs Wade
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:40:07 -0800

    Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed free agent WR Bobby Wade (Titans). Head coach Brad Childress said he sees Wade as a slot receiver and that he wants Wade to be involved on the kickoff and punt return teams.


    Dolphins | Team showing interest in Feely
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:01:36 -0800

    Arthur Staple, of Newsday, reports the Miami Dolphins are showing interest in free agent PK Jay Feely (Giants).


    Giants | Team makes offer to Feely
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:59:51 -0800

    Arthur Staple, of Newsday, reports free agent PK Jay Feely (Giants) has received an offer from the New York Giants.


    Patriots | Izzo re-signed
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:11:41 -0800

    Albert Breer, writing for the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots have re-signed free agent LB Larry Izzo.


    Dolphins | Stallworth expected to visit team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:09:44 -0800

    Albert Breer, writing for the Boston Herald, reports free agent WR Donte' Stallworth (Eagles) is expected to visit the Miami Dolphins.


    Buccaneers | Stevens visits team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:04:38 -0800

    Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent TE Jerramy Stevens (Seahawks) has visited with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.


    Chargers | Withrow signs three-year contract
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:31:18 -0800

    Casey Pearce, of Chargers.com, reports the San Diego Chargers have re-signed free agent C Cory Withrow to a three-year contract.


    Raiders | Newberry added
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:48:47 -0800

    ESPNews reports the Oakland Raiders have signed unrestricted free-agent OL Jeremy Newberry to a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. FA stuff from KFFL (12 March 2007)
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 06:51 AM
  2. FA stuff from KFFL (11 March 2007)
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
  3. FA stuff from KFFL (10 March 2007)
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 03:47 PM
  4. FA stuff from KFFL (9 March 2007)
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 08:58 AM
  5. FA stuff from KFFL (4 March 2007)
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •