Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

Bengals | Kelly expected to make decision Tuesday
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:11:32 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports free agent TE Reggie Kelly (Bengals) is expected to decide where he will sign Tuesday, March 6. The Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders and Arizona Cardinals are reportedly the front-runners for Kelly's services.

Titans | Team could be interested in brining Brown back
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:03:30 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the departure of free agent RB Travis Henry (Titans) to the Denver Broncos may open the door for free agent RB Chris Brown's (Titans) return to the Tennessee Titans, particularly since new general manager Mike Reinfeldt has not experienced any bad negotiations with Brown's agents.

Browns | Team meets with Tuiasosopo
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:46:50 -0800

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns met with free agent QB Marques Tuiasosopo (Raiders) Monday, March 5, according to a source.

Dolphins | Porter contract update
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:08:42 -0800

Updating a previous item, Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins have signed free agent LB Joey Porter (Steelers) to a five-year, $32 million contract, according to a source. The deal is pending Porter passing a physical examination, which is expected to take place Tuesday, March 6, or Wednesday, March 7. The deal includes a $12 million signing bonus and another $8 million in guaranteed salary.

Titans | Stallworth plans to meet team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:34:45 -0800

Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports free agent WR Donte' Stallworth (Eagles) has plans to meet the Tennessee Titans, according to the NFL Network.

Buccaneers | K. Carter contract update
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:03:30 -0800

Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed free agent DL Kevin Carter (Dolphins) to a four-year, $25 million contract.

Raiders | Team re-signs Echemandu
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:00:48 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders re-signed restricted free agent RB Adimchinobe Echemandu to a one-year contract.

Saints | Team signs Simmons
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 06:42:43 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the New Orleans Saints have signed free agent LB Brian Simmons (Bengals) to a three-year deal, according to the Times-Picayune. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Dolphins | Team to sign Porter
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 06:32:52 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Miami Dolphins will sign free agent LB Joey Porter (Steelers) to a multi-year deal worth roughly $24 million Tuesday, March 6, according to WPXI-Channel 11. Porter will receive a signing bonus of roughly $12 million.

Ravens | Team contacts C. Brown
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 01:22:18 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Baltimore Ravens have contacted free agent RB Chris Brown (Titans).
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re: FA stuff from KFFL (6 March 2007)

Jets | Team signs Coleman
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:15:00 -0800

The New York Jets have signed free-agent DE Kenyon Coleman (Cowboys). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Lions | Brown could meet with the team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 13:11:51 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports free-agent RB Chris Brown (Titans) could meet with the Detroit Lions Tuesday, March 6, if he does not agree to a contract during his visit with the Buffalo Bills.

Buccaneers | Mahan still talking with the team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:24:07 -0800

Updating a previous report, John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports free-agent OL Sean Mahan (Buccaneers) and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are both open to his possible return.

Broncos | Team to meet with Macklin
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:46:04 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports free-agent CB David Macklin (Cardinals) reportedly has a visit set up with the Denver Broncos.

49ers | Team signs Banta-Cain
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:41:36 -0800

ESPNews reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed free-agent LB Tully Banta-Cain (Patriots). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Bills | Team to meet with Brown Wednesday
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:39:22 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills are scheduled to meet with free agent RB Chris Brown (Titans) Wednesday, March 7.

Bills | Team meets with Rhodes
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:29:39 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills are meeting with free agent RB Dominic Rhodes (Colts) Tuesday, March 6.

Chiefs | Team signs Harris
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:15:48 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have signed free agent LB Napoleon Harris (Vikings) to a six-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Ravens | Team contacts Dillon
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:01:03 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens contacted the agent for free agent RB Corey Dillon (Patriots) Monday, March 5.

Ravens | Team continuing to talk with J. Lewis
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:53:04 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens continue to hold negotiations with free agent RB Jamal Lewis (Ravens), although the team has begun to explore other options. "We continue to have conversations with Mitch (Frankel), Lewis' agent," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "But we're also talking with other running backs."

Buccaneers | Mahan unlikely to return
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:49:11 -0800

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports free agent OL Sean Mahan (Buccaneers) appears unlikely to return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Mahan reportedly could sign with the Cleveland Browns.

Buccaneers | Team talking with Black
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:45:47 -0800

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are talking with free agent OT Jordan Black (Chiefs).

Buccaneers | Kaesviharn may meet with team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:31:46 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free agent S Kevin Kaesviharn (Bengals) could meet with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Bengals | Kaesviharn still considering team
    Tue, 6 Mar 2007 09:24:53 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free agent S Kevin Kaesviharn (Bengals) says the Cincinnati Bengals are still in the picture as far as who he may consider signing with. "They want us to keep them abreast of what's been going on, and I think they said before you make any decisions - which they tell most people - make sure you talk to us and see if they can work something out," Kaesviharn said. "I know they want me there, and it would be hard to say goodbye, but at that same time, sometimes change can be refreshing. We'll see the opportunities that lie ahead."

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

ESPNews reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed free-agent LB Tully Banta-Cain (Patriots). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
    GODDAMN THAT FRIGGING IDIOT CHILDRESS!!!!
    He's RUINED the Vikings by not inking Banta-Cain to a $50million deal!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

GODDAMN THAT FRIGGING IDIOT CHILDRESS!!!!
    He's RUINED the Vikings by not inking Banta-Cain to a $50million deal!

=Z=
    I highly doubt that!
    Now, the Vikings FRONT OFFICE has screwed us up by not signing at least ONE of the current crop of FA WRs...no way we can go into the season with what we got plus a bunch of rookies...even if we DO get CJ...which is looking pretty unlikely as well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I highly doubt that!
    Now, the Vikings FRONT OFFICE has screwed us up by not signing at least ONE of the current crop of FA WRs...no way we can go into the season with what we got plus a bunch of rookies...even if we DO get CJ...which is looking pretty unlikely as well.
    Put down the pipe cajun.
    Who did you really want out of that cast of characters?
    I would love to see Horn signed and I'm still banking on Curtis wearing the purple and gold.
    That dude fired his piece of shit agent yesterday, got to love that.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I highly doubt that!
    Put down the pipe cajun.
    I would love to see Horn signed and I'm still banking on Curtis wearing the purple and gold.
    He fired his piece of shit agent because Condon (the piece of shit agent) couldn't get the deal done with Detroit.
    I think Curtis is not worth the money he believes he is, so I'm not at all sad to see him flounder while trying to settle for a lesser role with a worse team.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I highly doubt that!
    Put down the pipe cajun.
    He fired his piece of shit agent because Condon (the piece of shit agent) couldn't get the deal done with Detroit.
    I think Curtis is not worth the money he believes he is, so I'm not at all sad to see him flounder while trying to settle for a lesser role with a worse team.

=Z=
    He fired his agent because Condon is also Brady Quinn's agent. Condon was busy at Quinn's pro day instead of in Detroit with Curtis. I don't think this means we are out of the running for Curtis.

A lot of people like to believe Childress' strategy is to sign young players and watch them grow into stars. If you think players like Shiancoe and Curtis will eventually be star players on this team, you have to be prepared to give them star player money now. Curtis may not be worth the money yet, but if he lives up to potential he will eventually be worth it, and that money will keep him in Minnesota for longer.

I hear a lot of "We want young guys with untapped potential." and also "Don't give up big money, he is young and unproven." Like it or not, you have to choose one or the other.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I highly doubt that!
    Now, the Vikings FRONT OFFICE has screwed us up by not signing at least ONE of the current crop of FA WRs. . . no way we can go into the season with what we got plus a bunch of rookies. . . even if we DO get CJ. . . which is looking pretty unlikely as well.
    Put down the pipe cajun.
    That dude fired his piece of pooh agent yesterday, got to love that.
    He fired his piece of pooh agent because Condon (the piece of pooh agent) couldn't get the deal done with Detroit.

=Z=
    If he fired his agent because the agent didn't get him an offer for his true market value, the NEW agent will correct that situation.

If his NEW agent finds that Curtis is overvaluing himself in the market, Curtis will have to realize his error.
    If the second agent is fired, or not even hired, for the same reason ( overvaluation by Curtis ), a THIRD agent will provide another view for Curtis to consider.

Eventually, the market will set the right value for Curtis, . . . .
    or Curtis will be released before the end of his new contract because he isn't living up to his and his new teams' overvalued expectations.
    Cutting him in 2008, 2009, 2010. . .
    is called a 'late market correction'.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I highly doubt that!
    Put down the pipe cajun.
    He fired his piece of pooh agent because Condon (the piece of pooh agent) couldn't get the deal done with Detroit.

=Z=
    He sees all those other overblown contracts that teams are handing out this offseason and he wants his piece of the action.
    I say give him a contract that will entice him to come here...we are DESPERATE for better WR play!!!
    It's not my money anyway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I highly doubt that!
    Now, the Vikings FRONT OFFICE has screwed us up by not signing at least ONE of the current crop of FA WRs. . . no way we can go into the season with what we got plus a bunch of rookies. . . even if we DO get CJ. . . which is looking pretty unlikely as well.
    Put down the pipe cajun.

=Z=
    If he fired his agent because the agent didn't get him an offer for his true market value, the NEW agent will correct that situation.

If his NEW agent finds that Curtis is overvaluing himself in the market, Curtis will have to realize his error.

If the second agent is fired, or not even hired, for the same reason ( overvaluation by Curtis ), a THIRD agent will provide another view for Curtis to consider.

Eventually, the market will set the right value for Curtis, . . . .
    or Curtis will be released before the end of his new contract because he isn't living up to his and his new teams' overvalued expectations.

Cutting him in 2008, 2009, 2010. . .
    is called a 'late market correction'.

The reality of the situation is that Curtis graduated with a 3.95 GPA and is not a dumb fucker.
    If he wanted to sign with Detroit he would have with an agent or without an agent.
    He's testing the waters before he makes a decision and hoping for a bidding war.
    He will get inked and he will perform.
    My speculation is that he's the best FA WR out there, good hands, good speed, not a head-case, and young.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast