Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

FA stuff from KFFL (22 March 2007)

Dolphins | Team signs Liwienski
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:36:09 -0700

Greg A. Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins have signed free-agent OG Chris Liwienski (Cardinals) to a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Jets | Haynes signs with team
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:33:45 -0700

NewYorkJets.com reports the New York Jets have signed free-agent DE Michael Haynes (Saints). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Dolphins | Team signs Hakim
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:05:21 -0700

ESPNews reports the Miami Dolphins have signed free-agent WR Az-Zahir Hakim (Chargers). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Redskins | Piller visits
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:41:24 -0700

Gary Fitzgerald, of Redskins.com, reports the Washington Redskins met with unrestricted free-agent OG Zach Piller (Titans) Thursday, March 22.

Cowboys | Team talking contract with Hamlin
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:20:16 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Dallas Cowboys are talking to the agent of unrestricted free-agent S Ken Hamlin (Seahawks) about a possible contract.

Colts | Gardner re-signs
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:11:40 -0700

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports the Indianapolis Colts have re-signed restricted free-agent LB Gilbert Gardner to one-year contract worth $850,000.

Colts | Schobel re-signs
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:10:39 -0700

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports the Indianapolis Colts have re-signed unrestricted free-agent DL Bo Schobel to a one-year contract worth $550,000, with $190,000 of it guaranteed.

Colts | Lilja re-signs
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:17:20 -0700

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports the Indianapolis Colts have re-signed restricted free-agent OG Ryan Lilja to one-year contract worth $1.3 million.

Dolphins | Hakim to visit
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:18:20 -0700

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins will meet with unrestricted free-agent WR Az-Zahir Hakim (Chargers) sometime this week.

Raiders | Booty signs
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:34:59 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports the Oakland Raiders have signed street free-agent QB Josh Booty. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Seahawks | Pollard contract details
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:34:16 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have signed unrestricted free-agent TE Marcus Pollard (Lions) to a one-year deal. Pollard will make $820,000 in base salary and received a $40,000 signing bonus.

Seahawks | Womack contract details
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:25:11 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have re-signed unrestricted free-agent OG Floyd Womack to a one-year deal. Womack will make $700,000 in base salary and received a $500,000 signing bonus.

Texans | Schaub signs
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:22:51 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have signed restricted free-agent QB Matt Schaub to a six-year contract worth $48 million with $7 million guaranteed. Schaub will receive $20 million in the first three years. If Schaub stays with the team the last three years of the contract, the Texans will have to pay Schaub a $10 million option bonus in 2010. The Texans paid QB David Carr an $8 million option in 2006 to keep him for the last three years of his contract.

Jets | Tuiasosopo signed
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:18:30 -0700

ESPNews reports the New York Jets have signed unrestricted free-agent QB Marques Tuiasosopo to a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re: FA stuff from KFFL (22 March 2007)

This one will irritate DC fans....
    Dolphins | Culpepper may be cut
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports if the Miami Dolphins trade for either Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green or Houston Texans QB David Carr, QB Daunte Culpepper will be released.

Just more careless, unfounded speculation, if you ask me.

It is simply a way to draw attention to a newspaper or website / blog.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    This one will irritate DC fans....
    Dolphins | Culpepper may be cut
    Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:46:54 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports if the Miami Dolphins trade for either Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green or Houston Texans QB David Carr, QB Daunte Culpepper will be released.

Just more careless, unfounded speculation, if you ask me.

It is simply a way to draw attention to a newspaper or website / blog.
    Speculation yes but Schefter is usually a pretty good resource.
    This is a behind the scenes report.
    Think about how much sense it makes.
    Why pay someone that isn't going to produce?

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

I hope the Fins do release the whining bastad. I never liked him anyway, he was soooo happy he went to Miami thinking he was going far, now look at him.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    I hope the Fins do release the whining bastad. I never liked him anyway, he was soooo happy he went to Miami thinking he was going far, now look at him.
    How about the crow the idiots have to eat that said we were stupid to get rid of him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    How about the crow the idiots have to eat that said we were stupid to get rid of him.
    Doesn't really matter though, it wasn't our choice whether we should have kept him or not, he wanted out to begin with. It still kind of makes you wonder why some people never got that through their head.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Doesn't really matter though, it wasn't our choice whether we should have kept him or not, he wanted out to begin with. It still kind of makes you wonder why some people never got that through their head.
    Still nobody could believe we traded Moss and said we got screwed and what has Moss done?
    Nothing.
    They said we were dumb to trade off Culpepper for nothing and what has he done ?
    Nothing.

Maybe our fornt office isn't so dumb.

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Still nobody could believe we traded Moss and said we got screwed and what has Moss done?
    Nothing.
    They said we were dumb to trade off Culpepper for nothing and what has he done ?
    Nothing.

Well for Moss, I really believe his lack of production has been the team he is on to be honest, but even then, blazing speed never lasts to long, he had that speed but he doesn't have the explosiveness anymore he is a lot slower than he was around 2003.

But yeah exactly though, we traded a QB after a horrid start 6TD's 12 INT's and nearly a career ending Knee Injury and we got a 2nd round pick for him. Not to mention the fact he holds the ball to long and he can't read a defense.

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nothing.
    Nothing.

Too many critics of player transactions are unaware of private details and issues, and they often base their opinions on past performance rather than future potential.

Some moves were good; CTaylor, Hutch, Richardson, Leber, Longwell... A few were bad or iffy at best; Hicks, McMullen for Baskett, and Whitaker.
    I'll give management the benefit of the doubt on their player moves, until a year or two has passed, since I don't have insider info on player skills and personal conduct issues.
    And, I'll trust they can find young players who have more 'potential' than their 'past performance' indicates, as a result of the selections of CTaylor and Ben Leber.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Nothing.
    Nothing.

i wouldnt go that far.
    the guys we moved haven't produced but they had value and the 2 guys we took for them were troy williamson and ryan cook.
    not exactly 2 guys that have made you forget what dante and moss did.
    we may have dumped guys who have been unproductive but we didnt exactly make the best of what we got for those guys.
    at least it hasn't shown yet.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast