Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Ex-Patriot Walsh asks for protection to release Spygate tapes

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    This crusade against Belichek is getting old... Let's move on already.
    I think it's funny how you used to defend him... now that the pooh has hit the fan, you're saying it's "Old" and we should move on. This may turn out to be the biggest scandal to ever hit professional sports: The dynasty of the past decade has been cheating throughout...
    I have never defended Belichick.
    I think he is a POS.
    However, I also think Spygate got blown WAY out of proportion.
    The biggest scandal to ever hit professional sports?
    Are you kidding?
    That is the problem here. - some people think that this is some kind of huge scandal, when in all actuality it is an incredibly minor act that damn near every team did.
    That is a perfect example of how this is blown out of proportion.

So this is a bigger scandal than the MLB steroid scandal?
    The 1919 World Series? Tonya Harding? Tim Donaghy?
    The bribing of judges at the Olympics?
    And those are off the top of my head.
    Lord, incorporate college sports in there and I could make this list three times bigger without even using Google.

Let me set the record straight about what I think of Belichick one last time.
    He is a POS, immoral, an asshole, a poor loser, and he got caught blatantly cheating after the NFL had warned the teams specifically about the very act he was caught doing.
    I think what he did was wrong, and he and the Patriots deserved to be punished.
    I also think that the unprecedented loss of a first round draft pick was extremely severe and more than enough.
    I don't think that any of the taping he has done over the past 7 years has given the Pats a meaningful advantage, and I don't think it had an impact on their 18-1 season this year.

Right now people are trying to drag this story out for whatever reasons.
    Be it Spector because he is in bed with Comcast, or Walsh who is still pissed about getting fired from the Pats.
    I am tired of hearing about it, especially we aren't seeing anything substantially new.
    (Keep in mind the filming of the SB walk through and whatever tape Walsh supposedly has are pure speculation)

Let's focus on the important issues in the NFL right now that have a helluva lot more pressing needs.
    For instance:
    1) Disabled retired players
    2) The fact that the CBA is not going to be renewed by ownership, and 2010 will be an uncapped year (meaning that next offseason will have HUGE cap implications).
    3) The fact that the NFL stadium fund has not been renewed yet...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think it's funny how you used to defend him... now that the pooh has hit the fan, you're saying it's "Old" and we should move on. This may turn out to be the biggest scandal to ever hit professional sports: The dynasty of the past decade has been cheating throughout...
    I think he is a POS.
    Are you kidding?
    That is the problem here. - some people think that this is some kind of huge scandal, when in all actuality it is an incredibly minor act that damn near every team did.

Lord, incorporate college sports in there and I could make this list three times bigger without even using Google.
    Ben Johnson doping at Seoul Olympics.
    The doping at the Tour de France over the past few years, including the winner in 2006, Floyd Landis.
    In Italy in 2006, some of the biggest names in Serie A (the top Italian soccer league) were implicated in a match-fixing scandal, along with referees.
    In f1 racing this past season, engineers of the McLaren Mercedes team were found to be in possession of technical documents from the Ferrari team.
    In the end, McLaren was fined $100 MILLION dollars and kicked out of the manufacturers championship.

Just a couple more, off the top of my head.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think he is a POS.
    Are you kidding?
    That is the problem here. - some people think that this is some kind of huge scandal, when in all actuality it is an incredibly minor act that gol 'darnit near every team did.

Ben Johnson doping at Seoul Olympics.
    The doping at the Tour de France over the past few years, including the winner in 2006, Floyd Landis.
    In Italy in 2006, some of the biggest names in Serie A (the top Italian soccer league) were implicated in a match-fixing scandal, along with referees.
    In f1 racing this past season, engineers of the McLaren Mercedes team were found to be in possession of technical documents from the Ferrari team.
    In the end, McLaren was fined $100 MILLION dollars and kicked out of the manufacturers championship.

Just a couple more, off the top of my head.

=Z=
    I knew about the F1 espionage scandal too, but thought it would be lost on the non-racing fans here.
    I completely forgot about Ben Johnson though, nice addition.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think it's funny how you used to defend him... now that the shit has hit the fan, you're saying it's "Old" and we should move on. This may turn out to be the biggest scandal to ever hit professional sports: The dynasty of the past decade has been cheating throughout...
    I doubt it's that huge, but there's more to it than meets the eye. There's definitely IMO, a lot more to it than simply taping another teams signals that everyone supposedly does.
    Do you have a link to what exactly that might be? What exactly is "a lot more to it"

What proof do you have that he didn't hand over everything?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think it's funny how you used to defend him... now that the shit has hit the fan, you're saying it's "Old" and we should move on. This may turn out to be the biggest scandal to ever hit professional sports: The dynasty of the past decade has been cheating throughout...
    I doubt it's that huge, but there's more to it than meets the eye. There's definitely IMO, a lot more to it than simply taping another teams signals that everyone supposedly does.
    Do you have a link to what exactly that might be? What exactly is "a lot more to it"
    No, I do not have a link to my opinion.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

What proof do you have that he didn't hand over everything?
    Seeing how there is supposed to be a tape out there taken by Walsh or another Patriots employee of the Rams the night before the Super Bowl & it was not one of the tapes that Belicheck turned over, plus the other copies of tapes that Walsh says he had that would rock the NFL world, it's reasonable to assume Belicheck didn't turn over everything he had.

8 years as head coach & over 100 games played while he coached there & you think only 6 tapes existed?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Belechik denies the taping and the Pats GM states he fired Walsh for taping conversations between the two.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3251081

Belichick also told The Globe that in his "entire coaching career, I have never filmed a walk-through, our own. I've never been on a staff that has filmed a walk-through. I'm talking about when I was a head coach. As an assistant, I've never seen a head coach film a walk-through the day before a game."

Walsh was offered immunity as long as he tells the truth and returns property that he possesses but his lawyer wants immunity from prosecution for things that he has stated which turn out to be false or in bad faith.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3248267

"We offered immunity from litigation under two conditions, that he tell the truth and he return anything he took from the Patriots,' Aiello said.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

ON NFLTA today Jim Mora had his say on the Spygate situation, and he seemed to think that it also was blown out of porportion.
    He said that there really woudn't be enough time to tape the signals, process the signal and then relay it to brady.
    He said they would need to do all that in less than 15 seconds each time.

He also mentioned that he never taped other teams signals, but he would sit there watching them and try to figure out what they mean, so really, how is taping any different.
    Eventually you can figure out when a defense is calling a cover 2, man, etc. just by watching the signal caller, and by watching what defense is run.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think he is a POS.
    Are you kidding?

Let me set the record straight about what I think of Belichick one last time.
    He is a POS, immoral, an asshole, a poor loser, and he got caught blatantly cheating after the NFL had warned the teams specifically about the very act he was caught doing.
    I think what he did was wrong, and he and the Patriots deserved to be punished.
    I also think that the unprecedented loss of a first round draft pick was extremely severe and more than enough.
    I don't think that any of the taping he has done over the past 7 years has given the Pats a meaningful advantage, and I don't think it had an impact on their 18-1 season this year.

Right now people are trying to drag this story out for whatever reasons.
    Be it Spector because he is in bed with Comcast, or Walsh who is still pissed about getting fired from the Pats.
    I am tired of hearing about it, especially we aren't seeing anything substantially new.
    (Keep in mind the filming of the SB walk through and whatever tape Walsh supposedly has are pure speculation)

Let's focus on the important issues in the NFL right now that have a helluva lot more pressing needs.
    For instance:
    1) Disabled retired players
    2) The fact that the CBA is not going to be renewed by ownership, and 2010 will be an uncapped year (meaning that next offseason will have HUGE cap implications).
    3) The fact that the NFL stadium fund has not been renewed yet...
    I just wonder with Specter's love of video what he has to say about

Prosecutor to Review Official Handling of C.I.A. Tapes
    By SCOTT SHANE
    Published: February 10, 2008
    The New York Times

Inspector Specter
    February 15, 2008,
    7:17 am
    The Fifth Down
    The New York Times NFL Blog

By Toni Monkovic

Concerning the Patriots’ spying, Specter told The Times that “the American people are entitled to be sure about the integrity of the game. It’s analogous to the CIA destruction of tapes.” A fair comparison: the possible torture of prisoners and the mangling of the league rule book.

Last spring I cleaned out my garage and throughout about 20 old VHS tapes...... I hope Specter doesn't come after me....

wonder if I can pin it on my wife

hope she doesn't have secret back ups of them

Blog quotes are from here NYTimes Link

patistheman is offline Starter

This may not be blown out of porportion, it all depends on what is actually on the tapes that he supposedly has.
    Everybody keeps talking about just the recording of the signals and the Rams walkthrough, when Walsh says he has tapes that would damage the league and the Patriots I believe there is more serious stuff than that, what I don't know but that is what it would leave me to believe.
    Also I would like to know what was said in the conversations between Pioli and Walsh that made Walsh want to record them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast