Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Ex-Patriot Walsh asks for protection to release Spygate tapes

[size=13pt]Walsh asks for protection to release Spygate tapes[/size]

Saturday, February 16, 2008

theredzone.org

NEW YORK (AP) The lawyer for former New England Patriots employee Matt Walsh said his client is willing to turn over videotapes he made for the team if the NFL guarantees Walsh protection from lawsuits or other legal action......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Ex-Patriot Walsh asks for protection to release Spygate tapes

"singersp" wrote:

theredzone.org

NEW YORK (AP) The lawyer for former New England Patriots employee Matt Walsh said his client is willing to turn over videotapes he made for the team if the NFL guarantees Walsh protection from lawsuits or other legal action......
    Obviously Belicheck lied to Goodell when he said he turned over ALL the tapes, as I stated in previous posts.

Lets just see if Goodell holds true to his word & takes further action against Belicheck & the Pats if he found out they lied & more tapes existed.........which apparently they do.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

theredzone.org

Obviously Belicheck lied to Goodell when he said he turned over ALL the tapes, as I stated in previous posts.

Lets just see if Goodell holds true to his word & takes further action against Belicheck & the Pats if he found out they lied & more tapes existed.........which apparently they do.
    If Walsh has the tapes in Hawaii, how the hell could Belichek turn them over? ??? ??? I am pretty sure Walsh is little more than an afterthought to the patriots now that he is a golf pro on Maui. He probably wants protection because he stole the tapes and doesn't want to be prosecuted for removing company property when he left.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He didn't ASK for protection as the story makes you believe.
    When the NFL found out that he may have STOLEN the tapes, they contemplated offering him protection from prosecution from the many copyright laws he violated by taking them.
    This has been all over PFT for about a week now, so it is rather old new.
    Considering he kept the tapes in case something like this ever came up, obviously Belichick didn't know about them, so how could he have turned them in?

Of course, some people will still try and spin this into a "Belichick lied - more punishment" issue regardless...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    When the NFL found out that he may have STOLEN the tapes, they contemplated offering him protection from prosecution from the many copyright laws he violated by taking them.
    Considering he kept the tapes in case something like this ever came up, obviously Belichick didn't know about them, so how could he have turned them in?

Of course, some people will still try and spin this into a "Belichick lied - more punishment" issue regardless...
    I am not buying that. I'm not naive enough to think that Walsh made tapes for the Patriots & Belichek & he did not see them let alone know they existed.

They are both trying to cover their asses & I beleve incriminating tapes may exist & Belicheck only turned over what he wanted Goodell to see.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I am not buying that. I'm not naive enough to think that Walsh made tapes for the Patriots & Belichek & he did not see them let alone know they existed.

They are both trying to cover their dimply buttocks & I beleve incriminating tapes may exist & Belicheck only turned over what he wanted Goodell to see.
    Walsh has COPIES, not the originals.
    Of course the Pats know the originals existed, but he made copies to cover his ass in the future.
    Do you seriously think that the Pats would just allow Walsh to keep the originals or copies of anything he taped, especially if those tapes included illegal footage?
    :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

They are both trying to cover their dimply buttocks & I believe incriminating tapes may exist & Belicheck only turned over what he wanted Goodell to see.
    Of course the Pats know the originals existed, but he made copies to cover his ass in the future.

Do you seriously think that the Pats would just allow Walsh to keep the originals or copies of anything he taped, especially if those tapes included illegal footage?
    :
    I never said he had the originals. Of course the Pat's & Belicheck knew about all the tapes that were made. What Belicheck & the Pat's didn't know is that Walsh stole copies of the tapes he made.

So, with that said, if it turns out that Walsh has more tapes or different tapes than Belicheck turned over, incriminating or not, then it would stand to reason that Belicheck did not turn over all the tapes & flat out lied to Goodell..

You can roll your eyes all you want & say people are "spinning" this issue around, but you haven't any proof whatsoever that all the tapes were turned over other than Belicheck's word, for whatever that's worth, & Goodell's comments that he was satisfied & believed all the tapes were turned over. Just as I have no proof that more tapes exist.

They our both our individual opinions & one does not carry any more weight than the other one.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What is to say that the Patriots still have tapes laying around from the 2001 season. There is no reason to think that Belichek didn't throw them away years ago since they no longer had any relevance. If that is the case then he could have turned over all of the tapes in his possession and none of them would have been the same as the ones Walsh has.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

They are both trying to cover their dimply buttocks & I believe incriminating tapes may exist & Belicheck only turned over what he wanted Goodell to see.
    Of course the Pats know the originals existed, but he made copies to cover his jiggly butt in the future.

:
    I never said he had the originals. Of course the Pat's & Belicheck knew about all the tapes that were made. What Belicheck & the Pat's didn't know is that Walsh stole copies of the tapes he made.

So, with that said, if it turns out that Walsh has more tapes or different tapes than Belicheck turned over, incriminating or not, then it would stand to reason that Belicheck did not turn over all the tapes & flat out lied to Goodell..

You can roll your eyes all you want & say people are "spinning" this issue around, but you haven't any proof whatsoever that all the tapes were turned over other than Belicheck's word, for whatever that's worth, & Goodell's comments that he was satisfied & believed all the tapes were turned over. Just as I have no proof that more tapes exist.

They our both our individual opinions & one does not carry any more weight than the other one.
    That's crazy talk.
    It's not a quetion of whether more tapes exsist, it's whether Bill knew they exsisted.
    If Walsh made tapes Bill didn't know about then Bill is in no way responsible for those tapes.
    That would be like being asked if someone you knew robbed a bank that you didn't know about, and you honestly say no he didn't, but get charged with perjury for not knowing the person you knew robbed a bank.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Of course the Pats know the originals existed, but he made copies to cover his jiggly butt in the future.

:

That's crazy talk.
    It's not a quetion of whether more tapes exsist, it's whether Bill knew they exsisted.
    If Walsh made tapes Bill didn't know about then Bill is in no way responsible for those tapes.
    That would be like being asked if someone you knew robbed a bank that you didn't know about, and you honestly say no he didn't, but get charged with perjury for not knowing the person you knew robbed a bank.
    HUH? Crazy talk? That's if only if it's a known fact that Walsh made tapes the Bill didn't know about. As it stands, that is not a known fact & is no more crazy than you assuming Walsh made tapes Belicheck didn't know about.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast