Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Another site I visist....

DeAndre Hopkins
    Clemson
    WRF
    Reach/Value: -8
    Height:
    6'1"
    Weight:
    Alternate Pick #1
    Justin Hunter
    Alternate Pick #2
    Xavier Rhodes
    Might not be an ideal fit here as the Vikings would probably prefer a receiver with a bit more size, but Hopkins is a play maker and you can never have too many of those on the roster. A trio of Harvin, Wright and Hopkins would be a matchup nightmare for defenses.
    NFL Mock Draft 2013 Picks 17-32

They've had Hunter up there alot lately. You guys/gals looking for us to improve at ILB will like what they do with the second round pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

The Vikings appear to be on the right track in their rebuilding effort but itís imperative that Minnesota juice up their anemic passing attack and provide young quarterback Christian Ponder with some weapons to throw to other than Percy Harvin and Kyle Rudolph. Calís Keenan Allen does not get the type of national media attention that he deserves but pro scouts believe he profiles as a potential go-to target at the next level. A big, smooth athlete with a well-rounded skill set and the ability to make the spectacular catch, Allen would be a perfect fit in Minnesotaís West Coast Offense and is just what the doctor ordered for their passing attack. If Allen is already off the board, which is a distinct possibility, the Vikings could turn their attention to guys like Justin Hunter of Tennessee, DeAndre Hopkins of Clemson or Robert Woods of USC. There is no doubt that wideout is the Vikes most glaring need but they could also stand to upgrade at linebacker (Alec Ogletree of Georgia), offensive guard (Chance Warmack of Alabama) and the secondary (Johnthan Banks of Mississippi St. or Kenny Vaccaro of Texas). It may be time to start thinking about some reinforcements for the defensive line too but that probably isnít a round one priority.
    2013 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com

Love this pick even more, however, I'm not so sure I agree that he gets to us.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    2013 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com

Love this pick even more, however, I'm not so sure I agree that he gets to us.
    Yeah, I'm seeing him go in the top ten in most mocks...we're not the only team with WR at the top of the wishlist. But that would be sweet if he makes it past the Bills and Phins! At the moment, Allen seems to be the consensus, top of the WR list, but there is depth at the position, just, it's more of a 2nd tier depth...

I love the drafttek site, cuz it collects the picks from local team media around the country, providing insight into every team's needs from a local perspective! Funny thing, lol, first morning waking up with our season over, first thing I did was check out their latest! And, you're right Marr, I do like the idea of a MLB who can cover a bit more ground vs. the pass, and I think Minter can do that. I don't know much about Akeem Spence in the third, but DT is my other, top-three need, and a spot we can always use some more depth in the rotation. Tho, seems we still need a bit bigger guy there than Spence...?

Actually, I've kinda got four top-three needs, cuz I don't think we're quite set at CB (maybe S too?) either. Cook hasn't been able to stay on the field and Winfield only has so many seasons left, I like Robinson and Jefferson might have potential, but I still wouldn't complain if we spent another early pick solidifying our secondary either!

SKOL VIKINGS!!! LET'S NAIL THIS OFFSEASON AND WIN THE NORTH NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Obviously, it's way early in these predictions...but, it is starting to look like it's mostly defense going in front of us. A few QBs and OTs mixed in of course, but I don't think that's what we're going to be looking for, so maybe, a top-notch WR like Keenan Allen will fall to us at 22/23...?

But if that doesn't happen, I kind of like the approach Walterfootball is taking better, as in look for a defensive difference maker in the first, be it DT, LB, or CB/S, and then grab one of the plethora of 2nd tier WRs in the 2nd...

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Mock Draft - Charlie Campbell

1. Kawaan Short, DT Purdue
    2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson
    3. Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa

2013 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

1. Bennie Logan, DT LSU
    2. Robert Woods, WR USC
    3. Alvin Bailey, OG Arkansas

I think the 3rd round CB is more likely than OG, but wouldn't be too disappointed if they felt the value was there for a mauling guard, but our run blocking is already pretty good and between Winfield's age and Cook's challenge staying on the field, I'd rather see CB depth brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Obviously, it's way early in these predictions...but, it is starting to look like it's mostly defense going in front of us. A few QBs and OTs mixed in of course, but I don't think that's what we're going to be looking for, so maybe, a top-notch WR like Keenan Allen will fall to us at 22/23...?
    Agree, a nice WR should drop to us in the first round. Also, if we want, I think the 2nd/3rd best 1 tech will be there as well.

Good thing for us there are some nice options at our biggest area of need.....big possession Z kindof WR and 0/1 tech DT's.

But if that doesn't happen, I kind of like the approach Walterfootball is taking better, as in look for a defensive difference maker in the first, be it DT, LB, or CB/S, and then grab one of the plethora of 2nd tier WRs in the 2nd...

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Mock Draft - Charlie Campbell

1. Kawaan Short, DT Purdue
    2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson
    3. Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa

2013 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

1. Bennie Logan, DT LSU
    2. Robert Woods, WR USC
    3. Alvin Bailey, OG Arkansas

I think the 3rd round CB is more likely than OG, but wouldn't be too disappointed if they felt the value was there for a mauling guard, but our run blocking is already pretty good and between Winfield's age and Cook's challenge staying on the field, I'd rather see CB depth brought in.
    They just need to let Fusco continue to get reps and take a G later on in the draft if they really think they have issues.

3rd I see them looking at one of the stud OLB's if they aren't going to do anything with Erin this year.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Marty, if you watched the BCS title game last night, you might have seen a pretty impressive warpig in Jesse Williams.

6'3" 320 lb Australian with a bad haircut and attitude to match. They also mentioned that he's a 600lb bench presser. That's other-worldly strength.

Now, I can't honestly say I know enough about him or his play to really be on board drafting him yet, but as a knee jerk reaction to last night, I like the guy.

I've seen Jesse Williams mocked to us as well...and of course, with a comment about rebuilding the Williams Wall. But K-Will is a FA too, huh?

Man, what a whooping that was! Bama looked fresh and focused...ND looked like they hadn't practiced since before their last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    They just need to let Fusco continue to get reps and take a G later on in the draft if they really think they have issues.

3rd I see them looking at one of the stud OLB's if they aren't going to do anything with Erin this year.
    That's my gut feeling too Marr, keep the OL as is for consistency. The run blocking is solid and the pass blocking improving, with some young starters with lot of room for growth.

I might even go the other way around if the draft drops the stud LB who can cover some ground in the first, and then go WR 2nd, and perhaps spend multiple picks at DT depth with our 3rd and/or two 4ths...

That's my gut feeling too Marr, keep the OL as is for consistency. The run blocking is solid and the pass blocking improving, with some young starters with lot of room for growth.

I might even go the other way around if the draft drops the stud LB who can cover some ground in the first, and then go WR 2nd, and perhaps spend multiple picks at DT depth with our 3rd and/or two 4ths...
    Agree, lots and lots of options for ole Ricky boy this year. Can't wait for the off season to get rolling. Comeon MARCH....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast