Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Is it ever too early for MOCK DRAFTs???

I still think our Vikings are in for a bit of a slip as this season's schedule gets tougher.
    While better than expected, we still have a few major holes to fill. Looking ahead,

I think we can beat Tampa at home, but it will be close.
    @SEA is probably a loss, they're so tough on QBs when playing at home!
    Hope to hell we can beat the Lionesses at our Dome! BYE week followed by:
    @CHI
    @GB
    CHI at home
    @STL
    @HOU Texans!
    GB at home
    I'm guessing we'll be lucky to win the 2 home games of the final 6...landing us right around 8-8 give or take a game.

So, here's a few mocks and WR rankings (what seems to be a gaping hole.)

2013 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com
    2013 NFL Draft, Wide Receiver Rankings - DraftCountdown.com
    NFL Draft Mock 2013 | NFL Draft Mock Draft
    2013 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Couple of DTs for Marrdro, and a couple of picks on a bad ass MLB...tho, if his "change of direction skills"
    and pass instincts are lacking, would that really be the upgrade we need!???

Doesn't look good for first round WRs...anybody available in the 2nd who might be a real, deep threat?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I still think our Vikings are in for a bit of a slip as this season's schedule gets tougher.
    While better than expected, we still have a few major holes to fill. Looking ahead,

I think we can beat Tampa at home, but it will be close.
    @SEA is probably a loss, they're so tough on QBs when playing at home!
    Hope to hell we can beat the Lionesses at our Dome! BYE week followed by:
    @CHI
    @GB
    CHI at home
    @STL
    @HOU Texans!
    GB at home
    I'm guessing we'll be lucky to win the 2 home games of the final 6...landing us right around 8-8 give or take a game.

So, here's a few mocks and WR rankings (what seems to be a gaping hole.)

2013 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com
    2013 NFL Draft, Wide Receiver Rankings - DraftCountdown.com
    NFL Draft Mock 2013 | NFL Draft Mock Draft
    2013 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Couple of DTs for Marrdro, and a couple of picks on a bad ass MLB...tho, if his "change of direction skills"
    and pass instincts are lacking, would that really be the upgrade we need!???

Doesn't look good for first round WRs...anybody available in the 2nd who might be a real, deep threat?
    Winning that game in Washington has come to bite us in the ass. Let's face facts, Ponder does not have an NFL arm, plain and simple. Musgrave knows it by the game plans he installs for Ponder. He refuses to let him throw the ball down the hashmarks because you need an NFL arm to zing those balls in there.

Can you imagine this team having had the second pick and drafting RG3.. Peterson would rush easily for 2000 yards with how RG3 is able to have the threat of running as well as the way he freezes linebackers. Imagine RG3, Harvin, and Peterson in the backfield at times. It would be scary. Now all we have is a qb that is being given nothing but lack of NFL arm plays...

Well, imagining RG3 and AP running together is only fun for a second or two before I go, "D'oh!!"

But, it is what it is now, might as well move along...

Tho Ponder is struggling, I suspect we're stuck with him for at least one more year due to his youth, lack of experience, and just how weak we are at WR (specially w/o Harvin!) Not saying I'm convinced Ponder will develop into the guy, just that its a bit too early to tell, and that since we have other gaping holes that we need to fill before we are truly contenders, that it's also too early to spend another early pick on QB when the team around him won't get the job done anyway. Thinking long term, I'd rather see that 1st round pick spent on: WR, DT, LB, or maybe even another CB. Build the team with BPA, so that whoever the QB is has a better chance at success.

Perhaps, depending on how they really think about Joe Webb & MBT, bring in a veteran game-manager type and run an open competition for the starting gig. With Peterson and some continuing effort building up the Defense, this team can win, without much production at QB.

Here's another one Marrdro should like:

17. Minnesota Vikings

Pick: DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State

Some might see Johnathan Hankins going here at No. 17 and wonder why he's fallen so far. The simple fact is that Hankins—a lot like Michael Brockers last year—won't be viewed as a pass-rushing defensive tackle. He's not incredibly quick off the ball, and that will slow down his draft stock.

What Hankins does do well is create havoc in the middle of the defense. He's powerful off the ball and will be able to generate penetration through force. He'll shove the center off the ball, creating opportunities for Kevin Williams and the linebackers to crash the A-gap.

Hankins will be a fine fit in the new-look Minnesota defense. The team can then focus on getting more talent at wide receiver and maybe adding another quarterback to the mix in later rounds.

2nd: Robert Woods WR USC
    3rd: Cornelius Carradine DE FSU
    4th: (from Detroit): Trevardo Williams OLB UConn
    4th: Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH)
    5th: E.J. Gaines CB Missouri
    6th: (from Tennessee): Alex Hurt OT LSU
    6th: DeVonte Holloman OLB South Carolina
    7th: Robert Alford CB SE Louisiana

There's the rest. Gotta love the extra picks in 4 and 6! Tho, I suspect we're going to be movers again this year, and not spend all ten...

I think we almost have to go WR in the 1st or 2nd. It's a pass-first league, and we got nothing close to a no.1 WR. Hoping to get lucky in the 3rd or later at that position will likely lead to another year of sub-par passing game.

I keep seeing a lot of mocks with us spending a 3rd or better on DE, but I see that as one of our best spots with E.Griffen and Ballard developing behind JA and BR. I think that War Pig in the 1st makes our DEs even better, and pushes the D needs towards coverage, whether that be a faster LB with better coverage/instincts, another S to pair with Smith (tho the MR-JS duo hasn't been horrible) or better CB depth behind Cook who's been injured too much, and Winfield who is likely nearing retirement.

30whales is offline Training Camp
    Is there really a chance of us getting Robert Woods in the second? I would be very surprised but I guess it doesn't look like he's in Scout Incs top 32 right now. If we do end up getting him I would be absolutely thrilled!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    we need a DT but not as bad as we need a QB, WR and LB...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Winning that game in Washington has come to bite us in the ass. Let's face facts, Ponder does not have an NFL arm, plain and simple. Musgrave knows it by the game plans he installs for Ponder. He refuses to let him throw the ball down the hashmarks because you need an NFL arm to zing those balls in there.

Can you imagine this team having had the second pick and drafting RG3.. Peterson would rush easily for 2000 yards with how RG3 is able to have the threat of running as well as the way he freezes linebackers. Imagine RG3, Harvin, and Peterson in the backfield at times. It would be scary. Now all we have is a qb that is being given nothing but lack of NFL arm plays...
    I can imagine what this team would look like with a 9 of 18 for 50 yard performance.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    we need a DT but not as bad as we need a QB, WR and LB...
    LOL, one day you will agree....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I've been watching these two cats pretty closely the last 3 or 4 weeks. They've both bounced back and forth between DT and WR with this week both of them agreeing on ....

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I think he would be a fine pick considering the top 3 Warpigs are all gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast