Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

ESPN: Who are you rooting for?

ESPN the Magazine took a poll of different teams' fans to find out who they're rooting for. Below is the result, as well as comments from ESPN.

-----------------------
    Bengals - 58.5% for the Steelers. "Cincy's two Superbowl losses were against the niners, for whom Mike Holmgren coached from 1986 to 1991. Go Steelers!"

Bills - 53.7% for the Steelers. "After that disaste with ex-Steelers GM Tom Donahoe and assistant Mike Mularkey, there shouldn't be a team you want to see lose more that Pittsburgh."

Broncos - 52.1% for the Steelers. "Remember how those falling Kingdome ceiling tiles almost killed John Elway? Yeah, we thought so."

Browns - 61.2% for the Steelers. "Let's face it: being one of 15 teams that's never won a Super Bowl is demonstrably better than being one of 14. Steelers rule!"

Chargers - 52.8% for the Seahawks. "Seattle was 9-7 last year, like San Diego was this year. A win for them lets you tell yourself next year is your year. Again."

Chiefs - 50.1% for the Steelers. "Living in a city torn between states, you should identify with Seahawks DL Joe Tafoya (Pittsburgh, California) and OL Floyd Womack (Cleveland, Mississippi)."

Colts - 55.6% for the Steelers. "How can you not root for teh stillers? They top their miracle run with a win and no one will talk about how a certain team choked. Again."

Dolphins - 50.9% for the Steelers. "Floridians hate when people confuse Miami with Miami (of Ohio). So you should root against Redhawk alum Ben Roethlisberger."

Jags - 60.6% for the Seahawks. "Odd choice, Jag fans, considering your guys beat the Seahawks by 12 in September and the Steelers by just six five weeks later."

Jets - 55.4% for the Steelers. "Greeniacs like Pittsburgh, out of gratitude for the golden age of James Farrior (1997-2001): 48 wins, the highest five year total in team history."

Patriots - 55.4% for the Steelers. "C'mon, Seattle has two guys (Lofa Tatupu, Matt Hasselbeck) whose dads suffered through your Pats' 2-14 season in 1981."

Raiders - 60.6% for the Seahawks. "The head-coachless Raiders look to be all over Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, especiall if the Steelers win."

Ravens - 61% for the Steelers. "AFC North loyalty is nice. But if the Steelers win, Troy Polamalu might officially surpass Ed Reed as the playmakin'-est DB. Go Hawks."

Texans - 50.1% for the Seahawks. "You should adore the Hawks. How can you not relate to an expansion team that took forever to make it to the big game?"

Titans - 53.5% for the Steelers. "You're voting with your head. The Steelers beat your guys by 27 to open the season; the Seahawks by just four in December."

Bears - 52.2% for the Steelers. "You should cheer Seattle, since the Steelers spanked your Bears this season. But you're Chicagoans, and you're just not that bright.

Bucs - 54.5% for the Seahawks. "Your beloved Chuckie trained on the knee of a certain mustachioed genius in Green Bay. Go Hawks!"

Cardinals - 60.6% for the Seahawks. "Remember Stump Mitchell? Cards fans do. The team's all-time leader in yards from scrimmage is Seattle's RB coach."

Cowboys - 53.1% for the Seahawks. "Old grudges die hard, and two of your Boys' three Super Bowl defeats were at the hands of the Steelers."

Eagles - 51.6% for the Steelers. "In 1943, the Steelers and Eagles played as the Steagles. Brin another ring home, fellas!"

Falcons - 50.4% for the Seahawks. "You hate the Hawks (Atlanta is 2-8 all-time vs. Seattle). You dispise the Steelers (1-11-1 vs. Pittsburgh)."

49ers - 62.2% for the Seahawks. "Duh. If the Steelers win, your guys are just one of three teams (Cowboys) with five Super Bowl wins. Roll, Seahawks!"

Giants - 50.6% for the Seahawks. "Wrong choice. Cowher's wife, Kaye, hooped it up for the WPBL's New York Stars. Show some loyalty."

Lions - 56.5% for the Steelers. "You gotta love Jerome Bettis, especially if you grew up near him. Go, Bus!"

Packers - 52.5% for the Steelers. "Holmgren could lead his second team to a title. Cool when yours is the second, sucky when it's the first."

Panthers - 52.4 for the Seahawks. "The Steelers are cheerleaderless. What Panthers fan wouldn't like a Seattle W and joyous Sea Gals doing bad things?"

Rams - 65.9% for the Seahawks. "You want Seattle, but wouldn't you like to shed the last-team-to-lose-a-Super-Bowl-to-the-Steelers label?"

Redskins - 52.2% for the Seahawks. "With uber-hog Russ Grimm coaching the Steeler line, it's a wonder Skins fans aren't pulling for Pittsburgh."

Saints - 52.5 for the Seahawks. "French speakers love Jean-Phlippe Darche. The Quebec native long-snaps for Seattle. Geaux, Seahawks!!"

Vikings - 55.2% for the Seahawks. "Pittsburgh's first SB win came against the Vikes. Elephants never forget, and neither do Vikings fans.

-----------------------
    This is going to be in this week's issue of ESPN the Magazine. I got it from ESPN Inisder.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: ESPN: Who are you rooting for?

im still cheering for the steelers because i hate the seahawks too much. and i wasnt alive when we lost that year.
    We're bringing purple back.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    im still cheering for the steelers because i hate the seahawks too much. and i wasnt alive when we lost that year.

It is amazing how 2 Vikings fans can be the opposite. With that said, I hope that the Seahawks kick the sh!t out of the Steelers. I can't stand that big mouth piece of crap Joey Porter. What gets me is he is really a great player, but he needs to shut his mouth a little bit. He should have been fined for that stupid remark he made about the refs wanting Indy to win and they were screwing Pittsburgh, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. This whole thing with Stevens saying that Bettis was leaving without the trophy, if anyone should have said anything about Stevens remark, it should have been Bettis not Porter.. It was just an opportunity for him to open his big mouth when it wasn't needed.. GO SEAHAWKS!!!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

I am rooting for the Steelers.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm pulling for Seattle.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Well, I was alive when we lost to the Steelers, and they pretty much knocked us out of any playoff hopes this year..

Screw them, I'll be rooting for the Seahawks.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

ahh how sweet it would be in cincinnati if the steelers win...

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

I'm pulling for Seattle. I don't really like the Steelers now since they beat us at home this year. And all those dang Steelers fans with they're stupid black rags they were waving around. :evil: Go Seattle!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I'm kinda pulling for the Steelers. I have a good friend that's a Steelers fan, so I figure if they win, at least someone I know is happy. However, if the Seahawks win, I'm not gonna be crushed.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am pulling for the Steelers. My wife's maden name is Roethlisberger, and while I doubt there is any relation, I never thought I would see that name on the back of a football jersey. (Heck, I didn't think it would fit on the back of a jersey...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast