Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I was impressed with Tebow. Reminds me a little of Doug Flutie, not the best QB but finds a way to win. Ok he didn't find a way to win, but he gave the reciever a shot to win the game, against improbable odds.
    What a roller coaster for Tebow this year, glad he's finally getting his shot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I was impressed with Tebow. Reminds me a little of Doug Flutie, not the best QB but finds a way to win. Ok he didn't find a way to win, but he gave the reciever a shot to win the game, against improbable odds.
    He is fun to watch I will give you that, however, he can't get out from under center without issues and can't throw the ball. Most of his yards came off of a terrific catch by the reciever and if he would have gotten the ball to the back of the endzone, were the receivers were, they might have caught it.

Again, fun to watch, but I sure wouldn't want him as a long term solution especially considering how well a couple of the rooks are doing this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I agree. And I'm one of the very few that hopes he's a huge success in the NFL. I think the game would benefit from it with his play style.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    I agree. And I'm one of the very few that hopes he's a huge success in the NFL. I think the game would benefit from it with his play style.
    Don't get me wrong with my comments. I hope the same thing as you. Again, I love watching him play, I just don't think I would like to watch him on my team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    LOL! Seeing McNabb's rating in the top 50 percentile pretty much says that rating system is riddled with flaws.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries
    Yes, that QBR rating is dead spot-on. Rodgers only hit twelve different receivers in that game, in Atlanta, all the while playing with both starting offensive tackles out of the game, and full momentum, revenge, hatred, jealousy/fanbase, and a 14 point deficit dead-square up in his grill. That absolute carving-up of the Falcons in that 2nd half pales in comparison to that incredibly awesome 4 out of 10 display of firepower Tebow gave the world in their near-win against (who was that again, I honestly forgot) at home. Rodgers immobility is also an excellent point to bring up as yet a further strike against that loser.

They absolutely pegged it, lol
    Last edited by Dfoster; 10-11-2011 at 07:45 PM.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I think it would be good to wait until Tebow plays an entire game before his rating has any meaning. He only played like half of the 4th quarter.
    +1 And also a team better than the hapless 0-4 Dolphins.

A lot of it is just plain hype. People are talking like he played incredible. Sorry, but completing 40% of your passes doesn't even come close to being a super star.

McNabb completes 47.6% of his passes (10-21) & fans are calling for his head and rightfully so.

Tebow completes 40% of his (4-10) & the fans go gaga! The TD run was a nice run, but the passing TD was an 8 yard dump with the receiver doing the rest.

I got a feeling they won't be gaga for very long.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries
    Where did my post go? Look at it from a Packers vs. Falcons perspective..." Litmus test" for the Falcons. Several Falcons players said they were the better team during the off-season, regarding the Packers winning in Atlanta during the playoffs. (See Raji comments for full context). Falcons came with a brilliant game-plan, an inspired football team, a rabidly inspirational fan-base, and as defending champs, we came with a major target on our backs, to boot.

The plan for the dirty-birds couldn't have gone any better in the first half. Hell, I bet half or more that were watching turned it off at half-time, 'cause the Falcons got their revenge...finally...

Aaron didn't get the memo.

Rodgers hits twelve TWELVE different receivers with BOTH of his starting offensive tackles out of the game, absolutely CARVES THEM UP with precision in that 2nd half, and practically puts on a silver platter a display of the difference between a championship caliber team and a probable pretender for all to see...

Tebow hits 4 out of 10 against a team I don't even remember who the fuck it was, and LOSES, and Tebow beats out Rodgers in the ESPN QBR.

O.K. I'll work with that, we are a small-market team, after all.

Practically friggin' underdogs the rest of the way if the QBR-thing is any indication.

Pack = underdogs, due to insufficient QB play.

Nice.

ESPN is awesome!
    Last edited by Dfoster; 10-11-2011 at 09:16 PM.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoster View Post
    O.K. I'll work with that, we are a small-market team, after all.
    You're kidding right?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12