Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: ESPN Power Rankings

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "fred3105" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Wow, why the boner for the Ravens? Their offense blows!
    Their offense blew when they won the superbowl in 2001. Although they are all 4 years older now.
    I did not blow then, just was not that good. They blow now though. :lol:

No, the ravens offense blew last year. When they had todd heap out for most of the year, and jamal lewis mising some games. Since we can't predict injuries, we have to assume they will both be there for the whole year, which will make it much easier for their offense to be better this year. They also added derrick mason and mark clayton(who I think was the most NFL ready WR in the draft). They won't have a great offense, but will be much better. Most people think boller is a horrible QB, but just look at his #'s in the last half of the season last year, he had pretty good #'s, especially for who he had with him on offense. Throw in the fact that their D will be #1 forsure this year and they are gonna be tough this year.

To me pitt overacheived big time last year. They have a suspect secondary, that hasn't improved over the offseason. Ben played out of his mind last year, for a rookie or first year starter. Remember what we expected from daunte in his second year as a starter, after what he did in his first? I see ben falling back down to earth some. They have 2 old RB's that are both injury prone. I think they will struggle to run the ball this year and thus ben will have to throw more and that will get him into trouble, especially without burress, who seem to be his favorite target last year when he played. Pitt will still be a good team this year, but nowhere near what they were a year ago. Remember what we did after our 15-1 season, with all our guys back. And it is even harder today, to have that kind of year back to back.

What I am suprised is that NE isn't getting more respect. They did lose a lot from last years team, including both coordinators, but they seem to do their best when everyone counts them out. They will be right near the top again IMO, but no super bowl for them this year IMO.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

The Ravens got the receiver we should have drafted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The Ravens have not had a good offense period! They are lucky they have had one of the best defenses to carry the load.

Their offense was ranked 31st last year. I do not really see them making a huge jump. Maybe in the 20-25 range.

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    The Ravens got the receiver we should have drafted.

Clayton would have helped our team out more this season and maybe next season, but williamson will be better for us next year, or if not, in 2 years. Clayton is ready to produce now in the NFL, while williamson is raw, but williamson has more talent and a higher ceiling. Like I said before the draft, clayton will be solid his whole career but not spectacular(like a McCardell), but williamson, although he has possible bust potential IMO, also could definitely be a great WR(like chad johnson or torry holt) in the NFL after he developes.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    The Ravens have not had a good offense period! They are lucky they have had one of the best defenses to carry the load.

Their offense was ranked 31st last year. I do not really see them making a huge jump. Maybe in the 20-25 range.

Exactly. Look at what they did with the 31st offense last year and their D. Give them a 20th ranked offense and a better D, with their addditions, and they will be pretty d@mn good IMO.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Exactly. Look at what they did with the 31st offense last year and their D. Give them a 20th ranked offense and a better D, with their addditions, and they will be pretty d@mn good IMO.
    I still feel that they have to get past the Steelers. I do not know why so many people are not giving them the credit they deserve. They did go 15-1 last year and had the #1 D. They can just get a lead and hold it by running the ball and controlling the clock. They keep opposing defenses on the field so much its exhausting.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

I still feel that they have to get past the Steelers. I do not know why so many people are not giving them the credit they deserve. They did go 15-1 last year and had the #1 D. They can just get a lead and hold it by running the ball and controlling the clock. They keep opposing defenses on the field so much its exhausting.

I think it is the fact that what they did last year was so unexpected and everyone assumes they overacheived, as do I. The QB position just isn't as easy as the rook made it look and he will come back to earth some IMO, much like he did at the end of last year and in the playoffs. Burress was also his favorite go to guy at WR and their offense wasn't even close to as good, when burress was out. They haven't addressed their WR position IMO. Also, their secondray was exposed and unless they get ty law, I think teams will be throwing more on them this year.

I'm not saying they won't be good again, but I think they will come back enough for the ravens to get them.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

I think it is the fact that what they did last year was so unexpected and everyone assumes they overacheived, as do I. The QB position just isn't as easy as the rook made it look and he will come back to earth some IMO, much like he did at the end of last year and in the playoffs. Burress was also his favorite go to guy at WR and their offense wasn't even close to as good, when burress was out. They haven't addressed their WR position IMO. Also, their secondray was exposed and unless they get ty law, I think teams will be throwing more on them this year.

I'm not saying they won't be good again, but I think they will come back enough for the ravens to get them.
    I disagree on Burress. Ward was Big Bens target of choice.

I may be biased, but living here in Cleveland I know a lot about their team and watched most every game of theirs.

Cowher's plan is simple, run the ball and control the clock.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

I disagree on Burress. Ward was Big Bens target of choice.

I may be biased, but living here in Cleveland I know a lot about their team and watched most every game of theirs.

Cowher's plan is simple, run the ball and control the clock.

But look at their stats when burress was in there and when he was out. Their offense was not the same without burress.

What was their record?

They did not need Burress to win. That is not their formula. That is why Cowher did not care to even have that punk on the team anymore. They are a run first, run second, run third, then pass the ball if they need to.

Once they have the lead, look at how many times they run the ball as opposed to throwing it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast