Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.
    Although I disagree with this Power ranking, I also think that your ranking is a pile of crap.
    Power rankings are meant to put the skill of teams they play in the mix, a completely different result than what you are looking to do with your thing.
    Yours is not a Power Ranking, yours is the NFL Standings, which, in fact, it should be renamed as.
    Power rankings are crap.
    That's the whole point behind TFWPP.
    Every other "power poll" is based on nothing.
    Air.
    Impressions.
    What a writer "feels" about a certain team at a certain time.
    But none of them publish a disclaimer with their power polls.
    Something like "This PP is basically something I just made up based on watching some highlights on NFLN."


    Pre-season Power Polls probably had the Colts as one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the NFL.
    Are they?

    TFWPP puts them exactly where they should be - grouped with the huddled masses of other teams at 1-2, in 17th place.

    And TFWPP is NOT just a reflection of the NFL standings.
    Because the NFL standings make use of tie-breakers like head-to-head results, conference records, etc. in slotting the teams.
    TFWPP is concerned only with one thing - wins and losses.
    Simple, clean, correct.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #22
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.
    Doesn't this board ban those who constantly advertise?
    I'm not advertising a business, I'm advertising sanity.
    You're advertising the overall NFL standings.
    You know what is more relevant?
    The standings within each division, you might want to break it up that way next time.
    Apparently, you know not too much about how the NFL standings are put together, because you're wrong.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #23
    funkyasflea's Avatar
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    331

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Purple D link=topic=48130.msg842866#msg842866 date=1222270027]
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.
    Doesn't this board ban those who constantly advertise?
    I'm not advertising a business, I'm advertising sanity.
    You're advertising the overall NFL standings.
    You know what is more relevant?
    The standings within each division, you might want to break it up that way next time.
    Apparently, you know not too much about how the NFL standings are put together, because you're wrong.

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Back to fourth grade?
    You're Wrong!

  4. #24
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=48130.msg842873#msg842873 date=1222270780]
    [quote author=Purple D link=topic=48130.msg842866#msg842866 date=1222270027]
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.
    Doesn't this board ban those who constantly advertise?
    I'm not advertising a business, I'm advertising sanity.
    You're advertising the overall NFL standings.
    You know what is more relevant?
    The standings within each division, you might want to break it up that way next time.
    Apparently, you know not too much about how the NFL standings are put together, because you're wrong.
    [/quote]

    Back to fourth grade?
    You're Wrong!
    [/quote]

    For some reason, you feel the need to follow me around PPO, like an annoying little brother, sniping at my heels.
    Here's an example:

    Although I disagree with this Power ranking, I also think that your ranking is a pile of crap.
    I believe you wrote that earlier in this thread.

    NFL standings incorporate more than just the win-loss records.
    Many different tie-breakers (I believe there are 9 total) are used to place the teams within their divisions, as well as within their conferences.
    The NFL standings also do not rank the teams outside of their own conferences.
    So to babble on and on about how TFWPP is just the "NFL standings" is wrong.


    Now - don't you have a pigtail to pull someplace?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #25
    funkyasflea's Avatar
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    331

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=48130.msg842882#msg842882 date=1222272037]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=48130.msg842873#msg842873 date=1222270780]
    [quote author=Purple D link=topic=48130.msg842866#msg842866 date=1222270027]
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.
    Doesn't this board ban those who constantly advertise?
    I'm not advertising a business, I'm advertising sanity.
    You're advertising the overall NFL standings.
    You know what is more relevant?
    The standings within each division, you might want to break it up that way next time.
    Apparently, you know not too much about how the NFL standings are put together, because you're wrong.
    [/quote]

    Back to fourth grade?
    You're Wrong!
    [/quote]

    For some reason, you feel the need to follow me around PPO, like an annoying little brother, sniping at my heels.
    Here's an example:

    Although I disagree with this Power ranking, I also think that your ranking is a pile of crap.
    I believe you wrote that earlier in this thread.

    NFL standings incorporate more than just the win-loss records.
    Many different tie-breakers (I believe there are 9 total) are used to place the teams within their divisions, as well as within their conferences.
    The NFL standings also do not rank the teams outside of their own conferences.
    So to babble on and on about how TFWPP is just the "NFL standings" is wrong.


    Now - don't you have a pigtail to pull someplace?

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Obviously your rankings are not well thought out then.
    Tie breakers are a crucial part of getting to the playoffs...which are the most important thing in the NFL.
    Which goes back to my original point from many posts and threads ago, your rankings don't apply to the end of the NFL season nearly as much as you claim they do.

    I will rephrase my statement then to make you happy...your rankings WOULD BE BETTER OFF BEING the overal NFL standings OR Divisional standings.
    Both of which would make them actually relevant.

  6. #26
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    Pretty sure it's just supposed to be humorous anyways...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #27
    funkyasflea's Avatar
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    331

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "C" wrote:
    Pretty sure it's just supposed to be humorous anyways...
    We don't take too kindly to humor in these parts.

    Sorry, one of my pet peeves is people who always think they are right...and yes I realize the irony in that, and I accept it
    8)

  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Pretty sure it's just supposed to be humorous anyways...
    We don't take too kindly to humor in these parts.

    Sorry, one of my pet peeves is people who always think they are right...and yes I realize the irony in that, and I accept it
    8)
    I'm not always right.
    Ask my wife.

    The POINT of TFWPP is twofold:
    1.
    Power Polls are stupid, as a rule, mainly because they are based upon subjective factors and author bias.
    2.
    So, to remove the subjective factors and author bias, this poll is based on the one thing that cannot be argued, the actual wins and losses.

    That's it.
    Nothing more.


    Now, stop nipping my heels....they're getting a bit raw.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #29
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.
    Doesn't this board ban those who constantly advertise?
    I'm not advertising a business, I'm advertising sanity.

    =Z=
    Umm....you're still advertising.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #30
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.
    Doesn't this board ban those who constantly advertise?
    I'm not advertising a business, I'm advertising sanity.

    =Z=
    Umm....you're still advertising.
    It's not outside of this website.

    As far as I know you can advertise internally all you want, you're not drawing attention away from PPO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN.com NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 3
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 11:31 PM
  2. ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 2
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
  3. NFL Power Rankings: May 2008 edition
    By Mr-holland in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 03:53 AM
  4. ESPN NFL Power Rankings: May 2008 edition
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 11:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •