Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    So if the Vikings are 19th out of 32 teams... how are the Titans getting "a stern test of their status this upcoming Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings."
    Shouldn't #4 dispatch #19 pretty handily?
    The last two teams they beat are 27 &28. They did beat the Jags though, which is bad because the Jags are very similar to the vikings.
    I'm not worried about the Titans for some reason. We will win this one.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #12
    Purple D's Avatar
    Purple D is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    290

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.


    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

  3. #13
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "Purple" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.


    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #14
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,451

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    We'll slowly make our climb back up
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  5. #15
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.


    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.

    =Z=
    Doesn't this board ban those who constantly advertise?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  6. #16
    funkyasflea's Avatar
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    331

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.


    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.

    =Z=
    Although I disagree with this Power ranking, I also think that your ranking is a pile of crap.
    Power rankings are meant to put the skill of teams they play in the mix, a completely different result than what you are looking to do with your thing.
    Yours is not a Power Ranking, yours is the NFL Standings, which, in fact, it should be renamed as.

  7. #17
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    #4 Titans
    Hardly playing perfect ball, but still 3-0. Some of it's the competition; some of it's a very good football team doing enough to win. Next mission: Slow Adrian Peterson.


    The are not playing very well and their competition has a record of 1-7, but they deserve to be #4?
    Their competition in this poll ranked: #14, #27, and #28

    Whereas the Vikes have played teams with record of 5-4 who are ranked: #8, #10, #12.
    All of the Vikes opponents are ranked higher than the best of the Titans.
    Granted this has somewhat to do with the fact that the Titans have handed each of their opponents losses.

    But IMO the Vikes and Titans are evenly matched, much more than this power rankings indicate.

    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.
    Doesn't this board ban those who constantly advertise?
    I'm not advertising a business, I'm advertising sanity.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    funkyasflea's Avatar
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    331

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

    FOXSports has us 15 and the Titans 4.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th and the Titans are tied for 1st.
    Only TFWPP is accurate.
    Doesn't this board ban those who constantly advertise?
    I'm not advertising a business, I'm advertising sanity.

    =Z=
    You're advertising the overall NFL standings.
    You know what is more relevant?
    The standings within each division, you might want to break it up that way next time.

  10. #20
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 4 edition

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=4

    Kevin Seifert on the NFC North

    19. Vikings - Gus Frerotte is an improvement at quarterback. Now the Vikings have to keep him upright for 14 games. (KS)
    I call BS.
    The Vikings are tied for 17th.

    =Z=
    If we learned anything from the Giants and Patriots last year--where a team sits going into week 4 has absolutly NO bearing on where a team sits in week 17!
    The Patriots were #1 in week 17.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN.com NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 3
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 11:31 PM
  2. ESPN NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Week 2
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
  3. NFL Power Rankings: May 2008 edition
    By Mr-holland in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 03:53 AM
  4. ESPN NFL Power Rankings: May 2008 edition
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 11:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •