Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    TrojanVike28 is offline Starter

ESPN INsider: Vikings should pursue Vince Young or Matt Leinart...

I don't have a link or anything because I'm not an insider to ESPN, but it caught my eye. I'd just like to know, what you guys think if the Vikings were to go after Leinart or Young?

Ranger is offline Coach

Re: ESPN INsider: Vikings should pursue Vince Young or Matt Leinart...

"TrojanVike28" wrote:
    I don't have a link or anything because I'm not an insider to ESPN, but it caught my eye. I'd just like to know, what you guys think if the Vikings were to go after Leinart or Young?
    Our system would be good for Matt, I'd think.
    He doesn't have a cannon, but he was supposed to be poised and accurate, and that's what we need.
    He doesn't have the physical tools that TJack has, but he's (generally speaking) a bit more mentally "on it", although I haven't seen it reflected too terribly much in the NFL.
    If Leinart can be had for cheap, it might be worth it.

Despite being a 'horns fan, we don't need to pick up Young.
    He's an amazing athlete, but he's a complete head-case and a terrible passer.
    I mean, he willed a team to victory and won the national championship nearly by himself, but his game simply doesn't translate well to the NFL, despite his rookie success.
    He simply cannot throw the ball well, and can't handle criticism.
    Brown coddled him at Texas, which spurred him to success, but that just doesn't work in the NFL...not for quarterbacks.

TrojanVike28 is offline Starter

Honestly, I don't even think VY is better than T-Jack. So, why in the heck would we even pursue Vince Young? He can't throw (just like Tarvaris) and all he can do is run. He's not very smart on and off the field. He needs to get his head checked before he steps out on a football field, let alone in a Viking uniform. I don't like that speculation one bit. Hopefully the trading for Vince Young speculation stuff ends now! As for Matt Leinart, it's a different story. You're right, he doesn't have a very strong arm; however, neither does Chad Pennington, but look what he did for the Dolphins? I think He would be a great fit, and I'd love to see him here. I'd feel more confident in our passing attack, and he's been under a great mentor in Kurt Warner, hopefully he has learned from him. Also, he knows what it takes to get to the Superbowl after watching Warner leading the Cardinals there. If the Cardinals are willing to part ways with Leinart, the Vikings better be the front runner for him. I hope this part of the story is true... We need a QB, because I'm not sold on Sage, nor T-Joke...

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I would definitely rather have Leinert than Young... young is another running QB, and I hate em haha.

Ranger is offline Coach

"erik5032" wrote:
    I would definitely rather have Leinert than Young... young is another running QB, and I hate em haha.
    They're hit or miss with me.
    Young was kinda a running quarterback, and he was obviously great.
    Garcia was early in his career as well.

Cunningham was amazing when healthy, McNabb had some wheels and Daunte's best years where when he was mobile.

I hate the guy, but Vick was a dangerous quarterback.

Every single one of those guys threw a better ball than Young, though, which is the difference.
    Hell, I think Pat White is going to be a better quarterback than Young (if given the opportunity), and somebody will land him for much cheaper than the price tag the Titans rang up on VY.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Where are all the fans that wanted us to trade-up & get Vince Young now?

They've been awfully quite except for harping about Jackson.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    Where are all the fans that wanted us to trade-up & get Vince Young now?

They've been awfully quite except for harping about Jackson.
    We should have traded up to get Cutler, not VY. Trading into the top 10 of the draft would have cost us way too much even if the front office was madly in love with VY.

But way to get a zinger out of the situation, on no one in general, that was about a year too late.

Also harping on Jackson is a way to create balance with those who assume he is be all and end all at QB. When the reality of the situation is we have two guys that have proven very little.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I wouldn't want Vince Young at all.
    He has no heart, doesnt even know if he wants to play football as his career.
    I want someone who loves the game and goes out there everyday, working his ass off, to get better and lead a team.

As for Leinart, I really doubt his is a "chilly" type of guy.
    His contract is probably pretty large too so why not just keep what we have over paying more for a guy who has yet to show that he can play at the NFL level.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I can honestly say that Vince Young is pprobably the one QB that is actually worse than Jackson. No Thanks. Lienhert. Not sure about him, i don't think people have seen enough of him to say if he is going to be decent or bust.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    I wouldn't want Vince Young at all.
    He has no heart, doesnt even know if he wants to play football as his career.
    I want someone who loves the game and goes out there everyday, working his ass off, to get better and lead a team.

As for Leinart, I really doubt his is a "chilly" type of guy.
    His contract is probably pretty large too so why not just keep what we have over paying more for a guy who has yet to show that he can play at the NFL level.
    contracts probably not all that large, he was drafted late in the first, a good portion of his signing bonus is probably already paid, probably just need a few mil a year for him.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast