Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

ESPN Draft Viewership Sets Mark

ESPN Draft Viewership Sets Mark
    This is huge for the NFL. I for one, didn't think I would like the format, however, it sure was exciting to see all the moves that teams seemed more willing to make with the extra time to think about things.

One short of a record I believe.

On a side not: One day the rest of the football world will discover NFLN. They will never watch ESPN again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:ESPN Draft Viewership Sets Mark

Here's hoping when the next Draft rolls around again, either I'm in a better situation to watch it, or they switch to a better weekend-based format. This year just sucked.

Thursday:
    I had to work until 7:30 pm (PST), and rushed to a bar that was showing the Draft (no cable at home) just to find out we traded our 1st rounder to the Lions.

Friday:
    I had to work until 7:30 again, but wasn't able to find out who we got because my wife and I had to leave town for Skull Valley, UT that same night so we could be there at 10 am Saturday morning for her tribal council meeting. Unfortunately, there was little to no radio signal once we got about 50 miles east of Reno.

Saturday:
    This was about the same, in regards to signal strength...and the little I did get, was devoted to Utah sports, not the NFL Draft. When we got back, we stayed at my folks' place (out in the boondocks with no internet, of course) Saturday night because we were just plain tired of driving.

It wasn't until noon on Sunday when we got back home, that I was FINALLY able to see everyone we drafted, all the trades, etc.

I'm STILL not a fan of this new format...seems to me, if they wanted to stretch it out over 3 days, they could have done it on Sat, Sun, Mon, and that would have worked better for those of us not lucky enough to be on the "9-5" work schedule.

JMO

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:ESPN Draft Viewership Sets Mark

ndnorseman wrote:
    Here's hoping when the next Draft rolls around again, either I'm in a better situation to watch it, or they switch to a better weekend-based format. This year just sucked.

Thursday:
    I had to work until 7:30 pm (PST), and rushed to a bar that was showing the Draft (no cable at home) just to find out we traded our 1st rounder to the Lions.

Friday:
    I had to work until 7:30 again, but wasn't able to find out who we got because my wife and I had to leave town for Skull Valley, UT that same night so we could be there at 10 am Saturday morning for her tribal council meeting. Unfortunately, there was little to no radio signal once we got about 50 miles east of Reno.

Saturday:
    This was about the same, in regards to signal strength...and the little I did get, was devoted to Utah sports, not the NFL Draft. When we got back, we stayed at my folks' place (out in the boondocks with no internet, of course) Saturday night because we were just plain tired of driving.

It wasn't until noon on Sunday when we got back home, that I was FINALLY able to see everyone we drafted, all the trades, etc.

I'm STILL not a fan of this new format...seems to me, if they wanted to stretch it out over 3 days, they could have done it on Sat, Sun, Mon, and that would have worked better for those of us not lucky enough to be on the "9-5" work schedule.

JMO
    I have to admit, that this is the first year in a long time I haven't watched every pick, but I blame that on "Wedding" preps as we were running about this weekend finalizing things for baby girls blessed day.

That and the inlaws are here a month early.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg