Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: ESPN Commentators

"Webby" wrote:
    AP was supposed to pick up twice on those plays, and he got smoked each time.
    C est la vie.
    I know what you are saying Webby however, he didn't have anytime to react on the one.
    Urlacher came in up the middle virtually untouched.
    Remember that AP is yards behind the QB.
    He had no chance to make that block.
    Initially I blamed him too but when I saw the replay it was Birks miscue.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

OK, I am halfway through watching the DVRed game, and I have to say that I don't have a problem at all with the announcing team so far.

Hear me out - Most of you were probably watching the game live last night, and got to see the first two Vikings drives end in turnover, as well as one in the 2nd.
    Now you are in the mind set of a sloppy offense and a possible loss, and you begin to cue in on every negative thing the announcers say about the Vikings.

Today I am watching it, knowing full well that we will have 4 turnovers in the game, and also knowing that we will win.
    I think I am listening to the commentary in a completely different light.
    In fact, I would say that they were a hell of a lot harder on the Bears than the Vikings.
    Especially Tony.
    Wow.
    I think that Bears fans have a legitimate bitch about the announcing last night. I don't think we as Vikings fans do.
    So far it is one of the better MNF I have seen since the move to ESPN.

Maybe something will change in the second half... But I bet that if a lot of the people complaining about the announcers get a chance to watch it again, armed with the knowledge that we win, yo may change your minds.

Just my 2 cents. I call em like I see em.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Frostbite is offline Coach

Maybe so...either way Tony (wanna be Cosell) Cornholer has to go. Listening to this guy speak even one word is like somebody running there fingernails down a chalk board.

I'd love it if Jaws would lean over, tell him to close his Yap, and then punch his lights out with a comment like...That's what the Vikes did to the Bears here in the 4th Quarter Tony!

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, I am halfway through watching the DVRed game, and I have to say that I don't have a problem at all with the announcing team so far.

Hear me out - Most of you were probably watching the game live last night, and got to see the first two Vikings drives end in turnover, as well as one in the 2nd.
    Now you are in the mind set of a sloppy offense and a possible loss, and you begin to cue in on every negative thing the announcers say about the Vikings.

Today I am watching it, knowing full well that we will have 4 turnovers in the game, and also knowing that we will win.
    I think I am listening to the commentary in a completely different light.
    In fact, I would say that they were a hell of a lot harder on the Bears than the Vikings.
    Especially Tony.
    Wow.
    I think that Bears fans have a legitimate bitch about the announcing last night. I don't think we as Vikings fans do.
    So far it is one of the better MNF I have seen since the move to ESPN.

Maybe something will change in the second half... But I bet that if a lot of the people complaining about the announcers get a chance to watch it again, armed with the knowledge that we win, yo may change your minds.

Just my 2 cents. I call em like I see em.
    I agree Nodak.
    I thought they were pretty dead on most of the time.
    In fact, Jaws kept trying to make excuses for TJack.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123