MichaelAngelo is offline Waterboy

The Entire Detriot Offense makes top 10 Overhyped list

At least Daunte didn't make this list..lol..this guy has a list of the top 10 most overhyped players in the NFL and he includes the entire Detroit Offense and Brett Favre..here is the link for the entire list and below is what he said about Favre and the Lions O

http://www.blacksportsonline.com

7- Brett Favre

When Brett Favre retires an argument could be made that he is one of the
    greatest Quarterbacks of all time. In my personal list of greatest QBs he ranks 5th
    behind Montana, Marino, Elway and Otto Graham. The truth be told he has made so-
    so wide receivers into Pro Bowlers and less than great teams into division champions.
    He has won games single handily and has overcome personal tragedy to play the
    game at its highest level, but from the time he threw that incomplete pass to Mark
    Chumra on 4th down to give Elway his first Super Bowl win he has been the primary
    reason they Packers have not made it back to the Super Bowl. It is a catch-22 situation
    in the fact that without Favre the Packers would have never been in the position to get
    back to the Super Bowl, but that does not excuse the fact that it has been Favre’s
    mistakes that have cost them time after time in big games. Favre is one of the
    “Untouchables� in the sports media. Peter King wants to have his love child and the
    ESPN crew treats him like the Pope (sans Michael Irvin). He was applauding for
    interfering in Javon Walker’s contract squabble when all other players who have done
    the same thing in the past were chastised. In fairness to Favre he does not seek out
    the attention, but the media coverage of the tragedies in his life often overshadow that
    other athletes and individuals who deal with these same type of issues everyday.

4- The entire Detroit Offense

Joey Harrington is garbage, Kevin Jones does not run hard all the time, Roy
    Williams has the big head, Mike Williams is too slow to separate from DBs and Charles
    Rogers would rather hang out with Smokey and Big Worm from the movie “Friday� than
    help the team win. Matt Millen is the worst GM in football and he got a contract
    extension. In the word of the late great Vince Lombardi “What the hell is going on
    around here�. It starts with Harrington who is too sensitive to be a quarterback in the
    NFL. I can’t get on him too much cause they player picked ahead of him David Carr is
    not doing much better. The Lions have about 50 million tied up in these 5 players this
    year and they are not getting 50c worth of production. In essence they have a big
    mansion with a lot of nice shining things on top of an unstable foundation. The Lions
    have never invested in the offensive line, which makes it difficult for the Harrington and
    Jones to feel comfortable. The fact is until Millen is fired and Harrington is replaced the
    Lions will continue to be the laughing stock of the league.

Hooversham is offline Starter

Re: The Entire Detriot Offense makes top 10 Overhyped list

"MichaelAngelo" wrote:
    [b]

4- The entire Detroit Offense

Joey Harrington is garbage, Kevin Jones does not run hard all the time, Roy
    Williams has the big head, Mike Williams is too slow to separate from DBs and Charles
    Rogers would rather hang out with Smokey and Big Worm from the movie “Friday� than
    help the team win. Matt Millen is the worst GM in football and he got a contract
    extension. In the word of the late great Vince Lombardi “What the hell is going on
    around here�. It starts with Harrington who is too sensitive to be a quarterback in the
    NFL. I can’t get on him too much cause they player picked ahead of him David Carr is
    not doing much better. The Lions have about 50 million tied up in these 5 players this
    year and they are not getting 50c worth of production. In essence they have a big
    mansion with a lot of nice shining things on top of an unstable foundation. The Lions
    have never invested in the offensive line, which makes it difficult for the Harrington and
    Jones to feel comfortable. The fact is until Millen is fired and Harrington is replaced the
    Lions will continue to be the laughing stock of the league.
    And that offense might very well win the NFC North with 7 wins.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"MichaelAngelo" wrote:
    And that offense might very well win the NFC North with 7 wins.
    shame it is really. i guess our team will just have to get 8
    We're bringing purple back.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I have to disagree with Favre on the list.. He has STILL been putting up good numbers.. Leads the league in TD's passses and is close in yards.. Even with his number 1 out.. Vertually no line.. No running game.. Sure he makes alot of mistakes but he puts his team in a posision (sp) to win games even with no D.. I can't say that about Pep right now.. So no I don't think Favre is overhyper right now.. Maybe overall..

The Detroit Offense has really surprised me.. I thoght for sure they would be awesome.. 3 WR's that were supposed to be great.. Added a great TE.. And Jones was supposed to be great this year too..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I have to disagree with Favre on the list.. He has STILL been putting up good numbers.. Leads the league in TD's passses and is close in yards.. Even with his number 1 out.. Vertually no line.. No running game.. Sure he makes alot of mistakes but he puts his team in a posision (sp) to win games even with no D.. I can't say that about Pep right now.. So no I don't think Favre is overhyper right now.. Maybe overall..

The Detroit Offense has really surprised me.. I thoght for sure they would be awesome.. 3 WR's that were supposed to be great.. Added a great TE.. And Jones was supposed to be great this year too..
    Missing one thing here Vikez...a quarterback to get them the ball!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    [quote]"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The Detroit Offense has really surprised me.. I thoght for sure they would be awesome.. 3 WR's that were supposed to be great.. Added a great TE.. And Jones was supposed to be great this year too..[/quote]

:lol: Yah my argument for him was he didn't have any weapons.. He does have some and his bad play continued.. So I was wrong

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    [quote]"ltrey33" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

The Detroit Offense has really surprised me.. I thoght for sure they would be awesome.. 3 WR's that were supposed to be great.. Added a great TE.. And Jones was supposed to be great this year too..[/quote]

:lol: Yah my argument for him was he didn't have any weapons.. He does have some and his bad play continued.. So I was wrong
    Don't feel bad Vikez, I thought the same thing. I always thought Harrington was going to be really good, and frankly it would have been refreshing to see him succeed for any team other than the Lions (or the bears of packers for that matter). I think Harrington is a good guy who has a lot of fun playing football, but he either isn't in the right system or isn't the QB everyone thought he was going to be.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

detroit has done the worst drafting. they should pick up kitna.

Go vikes!!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

nice list. I agree with almost everything except about Ray Lewis. that dude is monster and a bad azzz.