Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Iwantmy$2 is offline Training Camp

Re: 'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson

I know that it's more fun to bash on some Bears here but I have some thoughts on this.

He was brought in on "DUI Impaired to the Slightest Degree" and was released without being charged.

You can "go downtown" for anything.
    Unless they are suspecting him of something other than alcohol the blood test tells me that he was not over on a breathalyzer and didn't fail field sobriety tests (guessing this since they didn't say he DID which would have given them more cause to take him in).
    It was mentioned that he was "cooperative" which tells me they were not doing a blood test because he refused to blow.

I'm not saying the guy isn't an idiot but I think they are reaching trying to catch the big fish here.
    They didn't have enough to charge him with anything.

One of the first things my Criminal Investigation Prof (former Cook County prosecutor
    and Chicago cop) said in college was that they may not get a conviction but if they want to F*%k with you they can bring you in on anything, and they will.
    The Judge who's courtroom I have worked in over the years
    has told me the same thing.

LosVikingosSDCA is offline Training Camp

This is the NFL that Roger Goodell wants.
    All the "troublemakers" will be cut and out of the league with his "No Tolerance" Policy.
    What do you guys think the Vikes punishment would have been for the Love Boat scandal if he was the Commish back then?

"LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:
    All the "troublemakers" will be cut and out of the league with his "No Tolerance" Policy.
    What do you guys think the Vikes punishment would have been for the Love Boat scandal if he was the Commish back then?
    What about Smoot bringing that up again last week saying it never happened...lol?
    If I was him I would leave that dog lay where it is.

"Iwantmy$2" wrote:
    I know that it's more fun to bash on some Bears here but I have some thoughts on this.

He was brought in on "DUI Impaired to the Slightest Degree" and was released without being charged.

Unless they are suspecting him of something other than alcohol the blood test tells me that he was not over on a breathalyzer and didn't fail field sobriety tests (guessing this since they didn't say he DID which would have given them more cause to take him in).
    It was mentioned that he was "cooperative" which tells me they were not doing a blood test because he refused to blow.

I'm not saying the guy isn't an idiot but I think they are reaching trying to catch the big fish here.

One of the first things my Criminal Investigation Prof (former Cook County prosecutor
    and Chicago cop) said in college was that they may not get a conviction but if they want to F*%k with you they can bring you in on anything, and they will.

Told you...now give me my $2.

Johnson's blood alcohol level was .072 under the presumptive limit in Arizona of .08 percent, police Sgt. Andrew Duncan said Monday. No charges have been filed pending results of a completed investigation.
    There is no more investigation.
    All they have him on is speeding.
    They were reaching.
    Sorry haters.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2007/07/02/johnson_under_legal_limit_in_dui_arrest/?rss_id=Boston.com+%2F+Sports+%2F+Football+%2F+New +England+Patriots

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

so he had a BAC of .008!??
    He got really screwed.
    Normally I can't stand when people pull out the race card, but that almost HAD to play a factor here...why else would they screw him so badly.
    Afro american, athlete, $$$, sweet ride???

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Iwantmy$2" wrote:
    "LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:
    What about Smoot bringing that up again last week saying it never happened...lol?
    If I was him I would leave that dog lay where it is.
    Did you mean dog or was that a typo & you meant dong?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    so he had a BAC of .008!??
    He got really screwed.
    Normally I can't stand when people pull out the race card, but that almost HAD to play a factor here...why else would they screw him so badly.
    Afro american, athlete, $$$, sweet ride???
    It wasn't .008, it was .072.
    The quote from above forgot an important piece of punctuation.

Johnson's blood alcohol level was .072, under the presumptive limit in Arizona of .08 percent...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Iwantmy$2" wrote:
    "Iwantmy$2" wrote:

Told you...now give me my $2.
    Here you go. Don't spend it all in one place.........

[img width=450 height=189]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/clinteastwoodyd4.jpg[/img]

[img width=450 height=189]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/clinteastwoodyd4.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Something tells me we haven't heard the end of this story...can anyone say "lawsuit?"
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Something tells me we haven't heard the end of this story...can anyone say "lawsuit?"
    By who?
    Tank suing the Bears?
    Or Tank suing the cops who pulled him over, followed procedure, took the test and then released the honest results when they got them?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast