Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson

[size=13pt]'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson[/size]

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) Tank Johnson was released Monday by the Chicago Bears, who are "upset and embarrassed" by the defensive tackle's legal troubles.
    Johnson was waived three days after he was pulled over by police in Arizona. He already had been suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 season for violating probation on a gun charge. He spent two months in jail and was released in May.

"We are upset and embarrassed by Tank's actions last week," general manager Jerry Angelo said in a statement. "He compromised the credibility of our organization. We made it clear to him that he had no room for error. Our goal was to help someone through a difficult period in his life, but the effort needs to come from both sides. It didn't, and we have decided to move on."

Police in the Phoenix suburb of Gilbert said Johnson was stopped for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone at 3:30 a.m. Friday and the officer made observations that led him to believe Johnson was impaired.

Sgt. Andrew Duncan, a police spokesman, said Johnson was arrested for "DUI Impaired to the Slightest Degree" but was released without being booked or charged.

Duncan said Johnson was taken to the Gilbert police station, where officials drew blood for a blood-alcohol content test before his release. He described Johnson as "very cooperative."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson

From what I hear, his replacement played so well in the OTAs that he was expendable!
    I wonder if the Raidahs have room for him!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder if the Bungles have called him yet

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

What a LOSER.... I'm sure that nobody is gonna touch him next year. Perhaps he should just start his post playing days now. He probably can change oil, or flip burgers somewhere. Spoiled and stupid, man it's a bad mix.

He's another one who needs to change his crew out, and maybe when he finally starts making a living the way we do, it just might hit him. Better late than never...The Bears are falling apart oh my.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Tank Is a Memory[/size]
    http://vikings.scout.com/2/654565.html
    The Vikings and head coach Brad Childress came under a lot of fire in the spring of 2006 when the team took a hard-line stance with Daunte Culpepper. After getting the clear impression that Pepp wasn’t on board with what Childress had planned and seemed more concerned about making sure he got his share of the money than his share of the respect of his teammates, an immediate chasm was created.

That chasm never healed and the Vikings traded away their franchise quarterback to the Dolphins...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

As soon as the NFL allows him to play again half the teams in the NFL will be calling him, assuming he still has the ability to play. Just look at what happened with Koren Robinson.

Tank Johnson is a TURD BURGLAR!!!

Json is offline GM

As soon as the NFL allows him to play again half the teams in the NFL will be calling him, assuming he still has the ability to play. Just look at what happened with Koren Robinson.
    I agree with you about the K. Robinson situation but I will say that K. Robinson also sucks these days and never really amounted to squat besides a decent kick returner for one year.
    As a receiver he never got back to where he was prior to his run in's with the law etc.

"Json" wrote:
    I agree with you about the K. Robinson situation but I will say that K. Robinson also sucks these days and never really amounted to squat besides a decent kick returner for one year.
    As a receiver he never got back to where he was prior to his run in's with the law etc.
    Koren Robinson is a TURD BURGLAR!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    The Vikings should sign him NOW!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast