Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

An Edwards Article for Cajun (the only one who cares...)

:wink:

I saw this article and thought that Cajun would want to see it:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060726/news_1s26canepa.html

Let the ranting begin...

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: An Edwards Article for Cajun (the only one who cares...)

great now your gonna get Cajun started

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

MAKE THE CHARGERS AN OFFER!!!!!

C'MON VIKES!!!

BTW, ejmat also cares about this...so I'm not the ONLY one! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

told ya!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    MAKE THE CHARGERS AN OFFER!!!!!

C'MON VIKES!!!

BTW, ejmat also cares about this...so I'm not the ONLY one! :razz:

i dont understand why we just don't make an offer for him!!! i would love to get this guy here!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I'd surley welcome him to the Vikings, but I wouldnt go outta my way to sign this guy if I was Childress.As much as he has proven, as much as he can STILL do...I think hes ultimatley a waste of money.Coming off a injury/surgery at that age, to me raises alotta red flags.Cajun your probably gonna hate me for saying all that, but its how I feel.

If the Vikes get Edwards, would I be excited? Hell yes, he would instantly upgrade the defense.

If we dont get him, I'm fine with that.Theres a strong chance he could reinjur himself, and his age to me is just too old to aquire for a LB.

I think we might see a strong push from Nappo at MLB, with a good system, he could excell again.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet Guest

If he signs with the Viking there will be all kinds of Donnie Edwards fans coming out of the woodwork.

================

Link
    Chargers LB Donnie Edwards, in camp now with the rookies and quarterbacks (veterans who had offseason surgery report early), is cordial but refuses to discuss the matter of his becoming trade chum. “I'm not even thinking about it,” he says. “I'm not going to talk about it. I just want to let it go and move on. I've talked about it enough. I'm just getting ready for the season, out here with the rookies. My body feels good. I played 10 games last year with a torn meniscus and played through it. I've missed one game in my career." The reason Edwards in on the block is pretty simple. He's scheduled to earn $4 million in this, the final year of his contract. He wants to be paid as much as the best linebackers earn. A.J. Smith thinks Edwards makes enough. Thus far, according to the GM, no offers have arrived for Edwards, although New Orleans is said to be interested. Smith isn't actively shopping him. Edwards is just out there. He may stay out there until the trading deadline, Oct. 17.

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I'd surley welcome him to the Vikings, but I wouldnt go outta my way to sign this guy if I was Childress.As much as he has proven, as much as he can STILL do...I think hes ultimatley a waste of money.Coming off a injury/surgery at that age, to me raises alotta red flags.Cajun your probably gonna hate me for saying all that, but its how I feel.

If the Vikes get Edwards, would I be excited? Hell yes, he would instantly upgrade the defense.

If we dont get him, I'm fine with that.Theres a strong chance he could reinjur himself, and his age to me is just too old to aquire for a LB.

I think we might see a strong push from Nappo at MLB, with a good system, he could excell again.
    You HOPE...I want the SURE THING!!! And for the next 2 or 3 years, DEdwards is the SURE THING!!!

As for his injury, it was a torn Meniscus...which hurts but ain't no big deal...he played on it for 10 games. I have been walking around on and snowboarding with a torn meniscus for the last 4 years...it hurts some but it doesn't hamper your movement unless the tear is large enough that the loose part gets caught in the joint...then they just trim it away. All you lose is the cushion that the meniscus provides. Sucks in the long term, but doesn't affect your level of activity in the short term.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I'm a DEdwards fan and I would love it if we got him but I frankly just don't see it happening. If we wanted him we would have pulled the trigger by now.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I'm a DEdwards fan and I would love it if we got him but I frankly just don't see it happening. If we wanted him we would have pulled the trigger by now.
    Maybe we are just waiting for the price to come down some more...heck, we JUST added a safety that may well end up as our starter...why can't we also add our starting MLB...especially with all of the uncertainty surrounding the LB corps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast