Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70
  1. #21
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Edge.James ready to move on

    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    Many people have said it and I'll say again, without a line it doesn't matter who we plug into RB position it won't be much better than last year. We need to focus on the o-line and then look at the talent pool that is left after all the superstar money grubbing backs are gone and see if any of them would fit the scheme better than the backs that we have.
    yeah i agree but dominick davis sure did good with the houston line and he didn't play that much last year. almost 1000 yards on 230 attempts. sad thing is he only had 2 touchdowns so he is in no way the answer in my opinion. he can get yards but not touchdowns just like the rest of our backs. alexander and edge can get touchdowns and yards but dang do we really wanna pay them that much?

    i take that back on davis, mewelde moore's stats are pretty much the same with equal carries moore's stats would be better than davis.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

  2. #22
    PurpleMafia's Avatar
    PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    734

    James Moving On?

    [size=18px]James moving on?[/size]

    <Feb. 3> James, who will become an unrestricted free agent in March, doesn't like his chances of receiving a long-term deal from the Colts.
    "I don't see nothing happening," James told the Indianapolis Star. "You can read between the lines and from the things I'm hearing, nothing's going to happen.

    "And that's crazy, man. I'm part of the solution, I'm not part of the problem. Crazy, man."

    Even though James is a two-time rushing champion and four-time Pro Bowler, he doesn't appear to be among the Colts' top offseason priorities. In recent interviews, Colts president Bill Polian has talked mostly about retaining WR Reggie Wayne and extending the deal of DE Dwight Freeney.

    "Maybe I'll get to a situation where somebody appreciates me," said James, who played under the franchise tag in 2005. "I'm going to always be a ballplayer. You know I've got game. You
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Got this straight from ESPN Insider)

    This is looking better and better for the Vikings everyday now!
    Retired 12/21/08

  3. #23
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: James Moving On?

    I would take him as long as he doesn't want the bank.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    114

    Re: James Moving On?

    i think lendale white could do just about as well as james with a good line

  5. #25
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: James Moving On?

    "smootbythefoot" wrote:
    i think lendale white could do just about as well as james with a good line
    They both are good back but it is hard to compare them yet because Edge is probably a little better a catching the ball out of the backfield at this point simply because we have not seen White do much of that.

    Besides we may have not even seen the full potential of White yet because he was never even showcased as the "guy" at USC because they had Bush.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  6. #26
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Edge.James ready to move on

    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    E. James has said over and over again that he aint' playing for a cold weather team so even if we can match all the offers, I doubt he would come to Minny. I do see him going to Jacksonville.
    Well, if he's gonna be a p*ssy about it...then f*ck him! :roll:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #27
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Edge.James ready to move on

    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    Many people have said it and I'll say again, without a line it doesn't matter who we plug into RB position it won't be much better than last year. We need to focus on the o-line and then look at the talent pool that is left after all the superstar money grubbing backs are gone and see if any of them would fit the scheme better than the backs that we have.
    yeah i agree but dominick davis sure did good with the houston line and he didn't play that much last year. almost 1000 yards on 230 attempts. sad thing is he only had 2 touchdowns so he is in no way the answer in my opinion. he can get yards but not touchdowns just like the rest of our backs. alexander and edge can get touchdowns and yards but dang do we really wanna pay them that much?

    i take that back on davis, mewelde moore's stats are pretty much the same with equal carries moore's stats would be better than davis.
    Yeah...right... :roll:

    MeMo can't take the pounding that Davis can...the main reason that Davis didn't get TDs is that they used someone else as their short-yardage back...much like we used to use Moe at the goal line...don't be so short-sighted, dude!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #28
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Edge.James ready to move on

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    E. James has said over and over again that he aint' playing for a cold weather team so even if we can match all the offers, I doubt he would come to Minny. I do see him going to Jacksonville.
    Well, if he's gonna be a p*ssy about it...then f*ck him! :roll:
    I don't know lol, he's still a good back.

    Really though, the more I read one, the more I'm worried about getting either him or Alexander due to their age. I'm just going to leave it up to the front office to decide lol...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Edge.James ready to move on

    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    E. James has said over and over again that he aint' playing for a cold weather team so even if we can match all the offers, I doubt he would come to Minny. I do see him going to Jacksonville.
    Well, if he's gonna be a p*ssy about it...then f*ck him! :roll:
    I don't know lol, he's still a good back.

    Really though, the more I read one, the more I'm worried about getting either him or Alexander due to their age. I'm just going to leave it up to the front office to decide lol...
    Don't get me wrong...I like Edge for our team...but if he is gonna be picky about where he plays because of the weather, then I don't wanna waste our time pursuing him! I really hate when players act like that...it always works against the Vikings!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Edge.James ready to move on

    We play indoors!! If we gave him a great contract im sure he would play here.. Indianapolis isn't that warm..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cards cut Edge, 2 others.
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 05:08 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 11:42 AM
  3. Erasmus James traded (was Erasmus James waived)
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 08:25 AM
  4. Do we want Edge?
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 05:45 AM
  5. Can we get Edge??????
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •