Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Eagles sign Vick to extension (6 years,100M)

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1106543
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106517
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106448
    Pretty big bucks for a guy who's only 19-36 (53%) with 1 TD, 3 INT's & 219 passing yards so far this year.

Hopefully he improves, earns the coin & shows the football world last year wasn't a fluke.
    I'm thinking it might have something to do with the 2010 season as well. Not that preseason stats aren't important.
    I have a feeling the Eagles are going to regret this contract. I will be surprised if he lives up to his 2010 production. The Vikings showed that if you drive his face into the turf he'll be much less effective and he's not getting any younger. Vick's biggest asset is his physical freakishness. As he gets older (he's already 31) his agility will soon wear down and I just don't' see him maintaining this level of effectiveness. Who knows though, just my theory.
    Probably true, last year was likely his best. He definitely has improved in the pocket though, over 3,000 passing yards in 12 games. Throws one of the nicest deep balls in the league(and furthest).

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1106608
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1106543
    Pretty big bucks for a guy who's only 19-36 (53%) with 1 TD, 3 INT's & 219 passing yards so far this year.

Hopefully he improves, earns the coin & shows the football world last year wasn't a fluke.
    I'm thinking it might have something to do with the 2010 season as well. Not that preseason stats aren't important.
    I have a feeling the Eagles are going to regret this contract. I will be surprised if he lives up to his 2010 production. The Vikings showed that if you drive his face into the turf he'll be much less effective and he's not getting any younger. Vick's biggest asset is his physical freakishness. As he gets older (he's already 31) his agility will soon wear down and I just don't' see him maintaining this level of effectiveness. Who knows though, just my theory.
    Probably true, last year was likely his best. He definitely has improved in the pocket though, over 3,000 passing yards in 12 games. Throws one of the nicest deep balls in the league(and furthest).
    I hear ya, but take away his freakish legs and what do you have? A decent, but not great QB. 3000 yards and 22 TDs isn't that impressive...not 100,000,000 impressive anyways.

Edit: To be fair, one could probably safely assume that his pocket ability will only get better, and if not better equivalent to now. Of course their shaky O-line may dwindle his "pocket presence" this year. It will be interesting for sure.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Just saying. It was only 1 year.

How did Favre play in 2010 after his 2009 season?

How did Culpepper play in 2005 after his 2004 season?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Well good for him I guess but I honestly don't think he's worth it and had a good year last year but premature to award this deal. I guess if the cats over in Philly want to pay him that than good for him.

His legs are not what they used to be as is his elusiveness. He is still a big threat with his legs, but not like the good old days when he ran 245 yards to go thirty as the crow flies. I mean last year Antoine blitzed him like 16 times and how many times did he elude Winny? None that I can remember and that was just one guy...although one of the best tacklers to ever lace em up for sure.
    That's all I got to say about that.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm glad to see it. I don't expect him to even get a sniff at the bulk of the money and if he goes down then it very well might set the franchise back a half a decade.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

The Micheal Vick Experience will not last the entire 6 years IMO
    We're bringing purple back.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1106638
    I agree. I would be surprised to see him make it past the half-way mark of 3 years. Especially since he has 40 million guaranteed no matter what, and there are no character incentives in the contract. Not to mention that he is a huge injury risk and always has been.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1106656
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1106638
    I agree. I would be surprised to see him make it past the half-way mark of 3 years. Especially since he has 40 million guaranteed no matter what, and there are no character incentives in the contract. Not to mention that he is a huge injury risk and always has been.
    I hope he plays out his whole career at the high level he brought for 12 games last year. He is the most entertaining thing in the game when he is on and healthy. The problem is the way he plays almost forces him to slow down after a while. If he makes the whole 6 years at this level, no question the Eagles will have a trophy to go with it and the contract will be worth it.

Only thing is, that is not going to happen.
    We're bringing purple back.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106626

How did Culpepper play in 2005 after his 2006 season?
    I dunno... maybe he has a time machine?

Seriously, though, I agree. He may not have the disastrous falloff that they did, but I am pretty sure that Vick takes a step or two backward this year.

At least they held off from giving him Fitz money. 8)

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12