Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Eagles packers trade rumor...

Packers | Eagles May Want Ferguson
    Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:40:00 -0700

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Philadelphia "Eagles are reportedly looking to trade for a wide receiver, and Green Bay Packers WR Robert Ferguson could be one of their potential trade candidates. The Trenton (N.J.) Times reported Thursday, August 11, that the Eagles are looking into which wide receivers could be available and what it would take to acquire one. Philadelphia has a pair of extra fourth-round selections in the 2006 draft and leads the National Football League in available cap room at $10.916 million. On Thursday night, offensive coordinator Tom Rossley indicated that the Packers couldn't afford to trade Ferguson, saying, "He's a big piece of our chemistry." A trade of Ferguson would result in the Packers taking an immediate hit of $1.555 million against their salary cap. The Eagles and Packers have collaborated on seven trades since head coach Andy Reid left Green Bay in 1999."

It's only a rumor. The Eagles are apparently interested in the Brown's Andre' Davis, the Falcons Peerless Price and a few others... What would they give Green Bay in exchange for Ferguson???

Justin311 is offline Rookie

Re: Eagles packers trade rumor...

I can't see the Packers pulling the trigger on this until after the Javon Walker situation is resolved. If they do trade him, that only leaves Driver as a viable option for Favre, givin Walker more leverage to squeeze more money out of the packers.

If The falcons gve up Price, i would think they would want TO in return, especially since he lives in ATL.

"Justin311" wrote:
    I can't see the Packers pulling the trigger on this until after the Javon Walker situation is resolved. If they do trade him, that only leaves Driver as a viable option for Favre, givin Walker more leverage to squeeze more money out of the packers.

If The falcons gve up Price, i would think they would want TO in return, especially since he lives in ATL.
    Then Owens could spread cancer to that team :grin: :lol:

I don't think the Falcons are dumb enough though... They've seen enough T.O. :lol:

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i thought we had the most cap room.

"magicci" wrote:
    i thought we had the most cap room.
    I think we have second or third most...

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

As I recall, if we let go of Ferguson, we have Chatman and some guy named Uma Thurman playing #4 and #5.

You may toss bananas at me, but right now the Packers may have the most consistent top 3 WRs in the league. None are out and out and superstars, but two went for 1000 yards last season, and the other is a solid contributor as a starter and on special teams.

As long as Favre is here, I don't think Fergie goes.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

What happened to Terrence Murphy??? Wouldn;t he be #3 or 4???

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry, I didn't have the patience to read something that long about two teams I absolutely loathe :lol:

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't have the patience to read something that long about two teams I absolutely loathe :lol:
    Basically, there is a small chance that the Eagles are interested in trading for Ferguson. Not for T.O. though...

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    As I recall, if we let go of Ferguson, we have Chatman and some guy named Uma Thurman playing #4 and #5.

You may toss bananas at me, but right now the Packers may have the most consistent top 3 WRs in the league. None are out and out and superstars, but two went for 1000 yards last season, and the other is a solid contributor as a starter and on special teams.

As long as Favre is here, I don't think Fergie goes.
    Yah well the Colts had THREE with 1000 yards+10TDs. And all of them happily under contract

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast