Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Eagles make offer for Larry Fitzgerald

Well I'm still waiting for us to sign those 3 impact players.
    But since thats not oging to happen any time soon, we might as well at least give an offer to AZ.
    IF they laugh in our faces, then so be it, but its better than sitting there with our thumbs up our asses as we watch key players go to new teams.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    But since thats not oging to happen any time soon, we might as well at least give an offer to AZ.
    IF they laugh in our faces, then so be it, but its better than sitting there with our thumbs up our asses as we watch key players go to new teams.
    Yeah we only signed 2 $40 million contracts last week. I'd be surprised if our FO did anything

Texanvike is offline Rookie

"singersp" wrote:
    "Texanvike" wrote:
    Are there any rumors that we might go after Lito Sheppard?
    What difference does it make? They'd be rumors.

Why is it people associate rumors with being factual? Almost always that is not the case.

All it does is give them something to dream about, only to have their hopes crushed later.
    While it's true that most rumors are totally made up out of the blue, it's also true that most trades don't just happen out of the blue.
    90% of the time you hear a rumor before a trade happens.
    Somebody always lets it slip to the media.
    Am I right?

So basically, if the Vikings had shown any serious interest in Lito, we'd probabaly of heard about it.

So I would appreciate it if you don't lecture me.
    I'm not the average ill-informed fan.
    Neither are the majority of the fans that frequent this forum.
    :P
    I love lamp.

Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Yeah we only signed 2 $40 million contracts last week. I'd be surprised if our FO did anything
    Ok, we did pay alot for those guys, but would you call them impact players? have they been vital for the success of their previous teams??
    not really.
    MABYE Berrian, but Williams is pretty much unknown at this point.
    I'm hoping he turns into the star that the FO obviously thinks he's capable of, but he also might not.
    So far the only "impact player" we've signed in the past few years is Hutch.
    The rest are alright players, who were put in a good situation and started to produce (ie. Chester Taylor)

Just because Williams isn't a big name doesn't mean he's not an impact player.
    He's outstanding in pass coverage.
    And a great tackler.
    Sounds like an impact player to me.
    I love lamp.

Blog Entries

An impact player would be a player who could singlehandedly make a difference on thier defense.
    Williams sounds like a good solid player, but not an impact player.
    He's racked up a great number of tackles, and an alright number of interceptions.
    He is good, no doubt about that, but we don't know that he will be an impact player on our defense.
    I hope he turns out well, and think he should, but we simply don't know.

To me, an impact player is one who has already made a name for himself around the NFL.
    one that coordinators must take into account when making their gameplan.
    That doesn't nesecarily mean they need to gameplan around him (ie. AD, Vick, Manning)
    but they need to take into account thier existance and pick plays that will try to catch him out of position.

To me, already labeling Williams as an impact player is the same as labeling Greenway as an impact player.
    Both are young, and have the skills to be great, but haven't quite taken that one step yet.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Ok, we did pay alot for those guys, but would you call them impact players? have they been vital for the success of their previous teams??
    not really.
    MABYE Berrian, but Williams is pretty much unknown at this point.
    I'm hoping he turns into the star that the FO obviously thinks he's capable of, but he also might not.
    So far the only "impact player" we've signed in the past few years is Hutch.
    The rest are alright players, who were put in a good situation and started to produce (ie. Chester Taylor)
    I didn't mean that we would sign these impact players NOW.
    A contract like Fitz would seriously limit who we could and could not sign for years to come.
    I don't want that burden for one player.
    If it was a young player that had been growing (and proving) in our own system for the past three seasons, I might have a different outlook on it.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

id only be upset if the eagles find a way to get him for what could be called a fair deal
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    An impact player would be a player who could singlehandedly make a difference on thier defense.
    Williams sounds like a good solid player, but not an impact player.
    He's racked up a great number of tackles, and an alright number of interceptions.
    He is good, no doubt about that, but we don't know that he will be an impact player on our defense.
    I hope he turns out well, and think he should, but we simply don't know.

To me, an impact player is one who has already made a name for himself around the NFL.
    one that coordinators must take into account when making their gameplan.
    That doesn't nesecarily mean they need to gameplan around him (ie. AD, Vick, Manning)
    but they need to take into account thier existance and pick plays that will try to catch him out of position.

To me, already labeling Williams as an impact player is the same as labeling Greenway as an impact player.
    Both are young, and have the skills to be great, but haven't quite taken that one step yet.
    But how do you know that he isn't that type of player?
    Maybe he is the type of player that coordinators have to gameplan around.
    We wouldn't really know that for sure.
    I kinda doubt you've watched him play enough to know that.
    I know I haven't.
    And just because WE haven't heard his name a lot doesn't mean he's not an impact player.

I don't know that he's going to have a huge impact.
    But from the small amount that I have seen of him, he looks like a very solid player.
    And the fact that the front office is paying him so much cash makes me think they know what they are getting.
    I love lamp.

Blog Entries

The Front office payed Wade and Shiancoe a pretty hefty sum of cash, and neither of those are impact players.
    I will never take the amount a player makes in Free Agency as a sign of their level of talent, since every year, lesser players get paid more than established players do who were unfortunate to sign their contract a few years prior.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast