Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    [size=13pt]Eagles interested in Thigpen?[/size]

    September 2nd, 2007 – 11:16 AM by Kevin Seifert
    startribune.com



    The Vikings are trying to sneak QB Tyler Thigpen through waivers and onto their practice squad, but coach Brad Childress said this morning that Philadelphia is poking around Thigpen as a possible emergency replacement for backup A.J. Feeley, who broke his left hand in the Eagles’ preseason finale.....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    I warned you this could happen.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    If Thigpen doesn't make it to our practice squad it is simply a horrible decision to cut him. He showed promise in camp,
    but Bollinger's bad play got him cut. Makes no sense to me. Even if he does make it back to the Vikes,we should have cut Bollinger and kept him on the active squad. The closer to a coach the better for a young QB.

    On another note. Where did the Baskett vs. McMullen thread go? That should sure be an intersting thread this season.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #4
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    "V" wrote:
    If Thigpen doesn't make it to our practice squad it is simply a horrible decision to cut him. He showed promise in camp,
    but Bollinger's bad play got him cut. Makes no sense to me. Even if he does make it back to the Vikes,we should have cut Bollinger and kept him on the active squad. The closer to a coach the better for a young QB.

    On another note. Where did the Baskett vs. McMullen thread go? That should sure be an intersting thread this season.
    Bollinger should have been axed. But what do the fans know >
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    "V" wrote:
    If Thigpen doesn't make it to our practice squad it is simply a horrible decision to cut him. He showed promise in camp,
    but Bollinger's bad play got him cut. Makes no sense to me. Even if he does make it back to the Vikes,we should have cut Bollinger and kept him on the active squad. The closer to a coach the better for a young QB.

    On another note. Where did the Baskett vs. McMullen thread go? That should sure be an intersting thread this season.
    Right here V;

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=27055.0

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    Childress also said he spoke with New England coach Bill Belichick this morning about a player the Patriots waived yesterday. Belichick apparently was threatening to claim one of the Vikings’ potential practice squad players unless Childress agreed not to claim the unnamed Patriot. Childress said he told Belichick that the Vikings really want his player.
    Found this more interesting.

    Who are the players that they are talking about?

    Saw this in the comments......

    Kevin Seifert says:

    September 2nd, 2007 at 11:35 am

    Fargo, I really don’t. I was taking a look at the Patriots’ cut list over on Mike Reiss’ blog at the Boston Globe web site (www.boston.com). If you made me guess, I’d say one of the offensive linemen, but that’s just a guess.

  7. #7
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    We really should of kept him. This kid could develop into something.
    I think we all know that Bollinger has had time to develop and has not.

  8. #8
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    Hmm Which Patriot Player?

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8020153f&template=without-video&confirm=true

    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots activated tight end David Thomas off the physically unable to perform list and released 21 players Saturday, including quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who at 43 would have been entering his 21st season in the NFL.

    New England also placed defensive lineman Richard Seymour on the physically unable list. He is out for a minimum of six weeks.


    Other players cut were: defensive back Larry Anam; linebackers Chad Brown, Corey Mays and Justin Rogers; wide receivers Bam Childress, Chris Dunlap, Kelvin Kight and C.J. Jones; offensive linemen Mike Elgin and Gene Mruczkowski; tackles Corey Hilliard and Clint Oldenburg; tight ends Brian Jones, Garrett Mills and Marcellus Rivers; defensive linemen Rashad Moore, Santonio Thomas and Zach West; running back Quinton Smith; and cornerback Dante Wesley.


    Bam Childress(Illegitimate son? ;D)

    Garrett Mills might be an interesting name. Like Jimmy K a TE/FB/H-Back hybrid

    Mruczkowski has some experience if they are looking for more depth at OL

    But Please say No thanks to Vinny

  9. #9
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Childress also said he spoke with New England coach Bill Belichick this morning about a player the Patriots waived yesterday. Belichick apparently was threatening to claim one of the Vikings’ potential practice squad players unless Childress agreed not to claim the unnamed Patriot. Childress said he told Belichick that the Vikings really want his player.
    Found this more interesting.

    Who are the players that they are talking about?

    Saw this in the comments......

    Kevin Seifert says:

    September 2nd, 2007 at 11:35 am

    Fargo, I really don’t. I was taking a look at the Patriots’ cut list over on Mike Reiss’ blog at the Boston Globe web site (www.boston.com). If you made me guess, I’d say one of the offensive linemen, but that’s just a guess.
    Well obviously since you posted this in the Thigpen thread, you must feel it involves Thigpen.

    That would be my guess. Perhaps Blue or Edwards.

    I'd have no clue as to who we'd be interested in from the Patriots, but a special teams player or kickoff returner might be in order.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #10
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Childress also said he spoke with New England coach Bill Belichick this morning about a player the Patriots waived yesterday. Belichick apparently was threatening to claim one of the Vikings’ potential practice squad players unless Childress agreed not to claim the unnamed Patriot. Childress said he told Belichick that the Vikings really want his player.
    Found this more interesting.

    Who are the players that they are talking about?

    Saw this in the comments......

    Kevin Seifert says:

    September 2nd, 2007 at 11:35 am

    Fargo, I really don’t. I was taking a look at the Patriots’ cut list over on Mike Reiss’ blog at the Boston Globe web site (www.boston.com). If you made me guess, I’d say one of the offensive linemen, but that’s just a guess.
    Well obviously since you posted this in the Thigpen thread, you must feel it involves Thigpen.

    That would be my guess. Perhaps Blue or Edwards.

    I'd have no clue as to who we'd be interested in from the Patriots, but a special teams player or kickoff returner might be in order.
    It pertains to the link.

    Maybe Bill is interested in Thiggy also IDK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eagles may be interested in signing Favre
    By 12purplepride28 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 03:47 PM
  2. Thigpen
    By scumpuke in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
  3. Thigpen doing well in KC
    By capt.hrod in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 03:28 AM
  4. Thigpen out for season?
    By Purple Floyd in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 08:59 PM
  5. Thigpen signs
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 09:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •