Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Eagles interested in Thigpen?

[size=13pt]Eagles interested in Thigpen?[/size]

September 2nd, 2007 – 11:16 AM by Kevin Seifert
    startribune.com

The Vikings are trying to sneak QB Tyler Thigpen through waivers and onto their practice squad, but coach Brad Childress said this morning that Philadelphia is poking around Thigpen as a possible emergency replacement for backup A.J. Feeley, who broke his left hand in the Eagles’ preseason finale.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Eagles interested in Thigpen?

I warned you this could happen.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

If Thigpen doesn't make it to our practice squad it is simply a horrible decision to cut him. He showed promise in camp,
    but Bollinger's bad play got him cut. Makes no sense to me. Even if he does make it back to the Vikes,we should have cut Bollinger and kept him on the active squad. The closer to a coach the better for a young QB.

On another note. Where did the Baskett vs. McMullen thread go? That should sure be an intersting thread this season.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

"V" wrote:
    If Thigpen doesn't make it to our practice squad it is simply a horrible decision to cut him. He showed promise in camp,
    but Bollinger's bad play got him cut. Makes no sense to me. Even if he does make it back to the Vikes,we should have cut Bollinger and kept him on the active squad. The closer to a coach the better for a young QB.

On another note. Where did the Baskett vs. McMullen thread go? That should sure be an intersting thread this season.
    Bollinger should have been axed. But what do the fans know >
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

"V" wrote:

Right here V;

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=27055.0

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Childress also said he spoke with New England coach Bill Belichick this morning about a player the Patriots waived yesterday. Belichick apparently was threatening to claim one of the Vikings’ potential practice squad players unless Childress agreed not to claim the unnamed Patriot. Childress said he told Belichick that the Vikings really want his player.
    Found this more interesting.

Who are the players that they are talking about?

Saw this in the comments......

Kevin Seifert says:

September 2nd, 2007 at 11:35 am

Fargo, I really don’t. I was taking a look at the Patriots’ cut list over on Mike Reiss’ blog at the Boston Globe web site (www.boston.com). If you made me guess, I’d say one of the offensive linemen, but that’s just a guess.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

We really should of kept him. This kid could develop into something.
    I think we all know that Bollinger has had time to develop and has not.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Hmm Which Patriot Player?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8020153f&template=without-video&confirm=true

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots activated tight end David Thomas off the physically unable to perform list and released 21 players Saturday, including quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who at 43 would have been entering his 21st season in the NFL.

New England also placed defensive lineman Richard Seymour on the physically unable list. He is out for a minimum of six weeks.

Other players cut were: defensive back Larry Anam; linebackers Chad Brown, Corey Mays and Justin Rogers; wide receivers Bam Childress, Chris Dunlap, Kelvin Kight and C.J. Jones; offensive linemen Mike Elgin and Gene Mruczkowski; tackles Corey Hilliard and Clint Oldenburg; tight ends Brian Jones, Garrett Mills and Marcellus Rivers; defensive linemen Rashad Moore, Santonio Thomas and Zach West; running back Quinton Smith; and cornerback Dante Wesley.

Bam Childress(Illegitimate son? ;D)

Garrett Mills might be an interesting name. Like Jimmy K a TE/FB/H-Back hybrid

Mruczkowski has some experience if they are looking for more depth at OL

But Please say No thanks to Vinny

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Childress also said he spoke with New England coach Bill Belichick this morning about a player the Patriots waived yesterday. Belichick apparently was threatening to claim one of the Vikings’ potential practice squad players unless Childress agreed not to claim the unnamed Patriot. Childress said he told Belichick that the Vikings really want his player.

Kevin Seifert says:

Fargo, I really don’t. I was taking a look at the Patriots’ cut list over on Mike Reiss’ blog at the Boston Globe web site (www.boston.com). If you made me guess, I’d say one of the offensive linemen, but that’s just a guess.
    Well obviously since you posted this in the Thigpen thread, you must feel it involves Thigpen.

That would be my guess. Perhaps Blue or Edwards.

I'd have no clue as to who we'd be interested in from the Patriots, but a special teams player or kickoff returner might be in order.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Kevin Seifert says:

Well obviously since you posted this in the Thigpen thread, you must feel it involves Thigpen.

That would be my guess. Perhaps Blue or Edwards.

I'd have no clue as to who we'd be interested in from the Patriots, but a special teams player or kickoff returner might be in order.
    It pertains to the link.

Maybe Bill is interested in Thiggy also IDK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast