Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Eagles fire employee for complaining about Dawkins leaving.

EAGLES FIRE EMPLOYEE WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT DAWKINS’ DEPARTURE

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/09/eagles-fire-employee-who-complained-about-dawkins-departure/
    For those of you who don’t reside in Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love has featured a copious amount of brotherly hate in the wake of the local football team’s decision to allow long-time safety Brian Dawkins to leave via free agency.

We’ve heard from various media types in Philly, who uniformly say that Dawkins’ departure provoked the harshest, loudest, and most negative reaction they’ve ever since in response to anything the Eagles have done.

It’s probably going to get even louder in the wake of the news that the team fired a game-day employee who voiced frustration with the move on his Facebook page.

According to John Gonzalez of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Dan Leone was let go last week, specifically as a result of something he typed onto the popular web site regarding the team’s decision not to bring Dawkins back.

Specifically, here’s what he wrote:
    “Dan is [expletive] devastated about Dawkins signing with Denver. . . Dam Eagles R Retarted!!”

I am a little confused as to how they could fire him over that? There has to be more to the story.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Eagles fire employee for complaining about Dawkins leaving.

"Garland" wrote:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/09/eagles-fire-employee-who-complained-about-dawkins-departure/
    For those of you who don’t reside in Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love has featured a copious amount of brotherly hate in the wake of the local football team’s decision to allow long-time safety Brian Dawkins to leave via free agency.

We’ve heard from various media types in Philly, who uniformly say that Dawkins’ departure provoked the harshest, loudest, and most negative reaction they’ve ever since in response to anything the Eagles have done.

It’s probably going to get even louder in the wake of the news that the team fired a game-day employee who voiced frustration with the move on his Facebook page.

According to John Gonzalez of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Dan Leone was let go last week, specifically as a result of something he typed onto the popular web site regarding the team’s decision not to bring Dawkins back.

“Dan is [expletive] devastated about Dawkins signing with Denver. . . Dam Eagles R Retarted!!”

I am a little confused as to how they could fire him over that? There has to be more to the story.
    Tough to say.

At least he is on the way.
    Everyone needs to resign and be fired from a job, just for the experience.
    Maybe he was just getting it out of the way.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Garland" wrote:

Yes they can fire you. Especially if it's a right to work state.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikes" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Yes they can fire you. Especially if it's a right to work state.
    Yeah. It's equivalent to the old "conduct detrimental to the team". However, they usually don't bother with a suspension for ball boys (or whatever this guy did on gamedays).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

See what happens when you don't toe the NFL party line and say everything is glorious....... ;D

Exact reason why I believe only 10% of the crap spewed out to the customer my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

just goes to show your never safe... be careful what you put on your facebook page!... geez!!!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I bet he got fired for sleeping with the boss's daughter.
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    See what happens when you don't toe the NFL party line and say everything is glorious....... ;D

Exact reason why I believe only 10% of the crap spewed out to the customer my friends.
    I thought this was America?

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

lol thats funny and sad at the same time. too bad his claim that they fired him because of his concern abt wolverine leaving will never have any merit in court should he try to sue the eagle aka pigeons

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I thought this was America?
    It is America.
    Problem is, Americans are forced to toe company line when they agree to accept a paycheck.
    As with any company, the NFL has its own way of making sure the customer isn't pushed away from its product, much the same way other companies do.

I think it is called "Marketing" or something of that nature.
    Maybe one of our "Marketing Guru's" will help me out here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast