Frostbite is offline Coach

Eagles Do Nice Job Of Scripting Ways to Expose Pats Weaknesses

The Eagles did a great job of coming into this game (In NE) ready to play tonight. Hats off to Andy Reid and the Coaching staff for being able to take so many weapons out of the game and control Brady. If not for Feely Mental errors this game could have easily been first loss for Pats.

It showed me that in spite of so many thinking of this team with God-Like aura that they are indeed human and can be beaten with the right game plan. I don't think anybody expected this close of a matchup. Let's see if any other teams can analyze the film....make adjustments and do as well or better with a win against the Pats.

Congrats to the Patriots for yet another win. Found a way to get the W. Hats off to Eagles for making it very interesting.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Eagles Do Nice Job Of Scripting Ways to Expose Pats Weaknesses

"Frostbite" wrote:
    The Eagles did a great job of coming into this game (In NE) ready to play tonight. Hats off to Andy Reid and the Coaching staff for being able to take so many weapons out of the game and control Brady. If not for Feely Mental errors this game could have easily been first loss for Pats.

It showed me that in spite of so many thinking of this team with God-Like aura that they are indeed human and can be beaten with the right game plan. I don't think anybody expected this close of a matchup. Let's see if any other teams can analyze the film....make adjustments and do as well or better with a win against the Pats.

Congrats to the Patriots for yet another win. Found a way to get the W. Hats off to Eagles for making it very interesting.

Cheers!

That was a great game, with an ending that was right......That was one of the worst play calls I've ever seen, for that situation the Eagles where in.....If anything, they should have tied it up.....But thats football.....But a very good game overall....And just goes to prove, the Patriots are not untouchable....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Yeah but the Colts were supposed to have laid down the blueprints for the Patriots demise too.
    Plain and simple the only thing that can stop the Patriots is a pass rush, the Eagles did it in this game and still lost.
    If you can't put pressure on Brady you lose, end of story.
    The rest of the year and playoffs is going to be about if the other team can put any pressure on Brady.
    Which is why if the Packers make it to the Super Bowl somehow to play the Patriots, they have a half jiggly butt chance of beating them.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Observation 1: NBC was interviewing Wes Welker after the game. In the middle of the interview, Welker suddenly says that he hates to cut this short, but Bill Bellichek is motioning him to get to the locker room. He takes off. Al Michaels cracks a joke about something and NBC goes to commercial. There was no need more than normal for the Pats to hurry everyone into the locker room. It's almost as if Bellichek wanted to hurry up and get off the field as soon as possible.

Observation 2: During the post-game news conference, Bellichek was defensive and his voice was shaking, like he was afraid of something.

Based on these observations, I agree that the Eagles exposed the Patriots. I just think they exposed more than was obviously apparent. They exposed so much that Bellichek became very afraid his perfect plans will be ruined.

The Patriots don't have a reliable running game. Blitzing Brady works. Aggressive DBs chipping the WRs works. Finally, the Patriots defense is susceptible to several passing routes as run by the Eagles.

The only reason the Eagles lost was because Feely made a mental mistake. Instead of going conservative once they were in field goal range, he went for a touchdown that wasn't there. If Feely had left the ball underneath, it would have been complete on the Patriots 15 with time remaining. Madden was right that slowing it down was the way to go.

Go Vikings!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Any given Sunday.

Team looks good on paper.

Thats why we play the games.

Its a game of two halves.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg