Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Eagles continue shakeup on defense by releasing Trotter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2984329

Four-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter will be job-hunting in the coming days after being released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday.

A nine-year veteran, Trotter was informed of his status in a meeting with coach Andy Reid. The Eagles suggested that the now-unrestricted free agent consider retirement, but the 30-year-old's preference is to continue playing in the league. Trotter's release will become official when his name appears on the NFL's internal transactions wire this afternoon.

Somebody in this thread will say it, so I'll say it first. Do we want him? If so, under what circumstances?

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Eagles continue shakeup on defense by releasing Trotter

He is not a cover 2 linebacker and we already have an inside linebacker in EJ, no need to spend starting money on a guy that wouldnt start.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Wait a week or two... if nobody signs him offer him a bag of peanuts and a tic tac to see if he'll come warm a bench for us.
    If E.J. chokes at MLB, or we sustain an injury, we'll have solid depth.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I don't see why not get him.
    EJ is a pretty good LB but isn't comparable to Trotter.
    Trotter has great field speed and his intensity is awsome.
    Having him in the middle of the field would definately improve our defense.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:

Four-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter will be job-hunting in the coming days after being released by the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday.

A nine-year veteran, Trotter was informed of his status in a meeting with coach Andy Reid. The Eagles suggested that the now-unrestricted free agent consider retirement, but the 30-year-old's preference is to continue playing in the league. Trotter's release will become official when his name appears on the NFL's internal transactions wire this afternoon.

Somebody in this thread will say it, so I'll say it first. Do we want him?
    Ok. I'll bite.

I say yes. After we lost both Alexander on IR and Glenn who retired injured, I have thought we were a little thin in the LB depth. I think bringing in a proven veteran like Trotter could be meaningful.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

Ok. I'll bite.

I say yes. After we lost both Alexander on IR and Glenn who retired injured, I have thought we were a little thin in the LB depth. I think bringing in a proven veteran like Trotter could be meaningful.
    Neither Alexander or Glenn was being counted upon to be a primary backup at any LB position.
    Those guys are Circiu, Thomas and Farwell.

Signing Trotter would be a waste.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

Ok. I'll bite.

Neither Alexander or Glenn was being counted upon to be a primary backup at any LB position.

=Z=
    I know they would probably have been 3rd string. But given that LBs are often also playing on ST, it makes me a little queasy that we only got 6 LBs making the team. That gives us a little problem towards possible injuries I think.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    I don't see why not get him.
    EJ is a pretty good LB but isn't comparable to Trotter.
    Trotter has great field speed and his intensity is awsome.
    Having him in the middle of the field would definately improve our defense.
    I'm thinking there must be a reason that the eagles released him. They even suggested that he retire which makes me think that they think he is no longer capable of playing a high level. Bring him in for a workout, if he passes his physical then we should consider it, but my instinct is that he is not a good fit.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

Ok. I'll bite.

=Z=
    So you're saying Henderson is as good as Trotter?
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'm going to say no. I say work on developing the younger talent we already have.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast