COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Dungy to stay as Colts Coach

I am glad to hear this. He's a class guy. Wish he was still with the Vikes! ESPN Reports the following:

Tony Dungy, who seemed conflicted about whether to return after Indianapolis' loss last week, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Sunday morning he would definitely return as Colts head coach.

"I'm full-speed ahead," Dungy told Mortensen. "We're disappointed with how the season ended, we've got some things to fix and some personnel issues, but we're getting started on them."

Dungy spent the week in Florida with his family to reflect on his plans, even though he had pretty much assured the Colts he was coming back. There had been speculation near the end of the season Dungy would contemplate retirement following the suicide death of his 18-year-old son, James.

Last Monday, one day after the Colts' dream season ended in a 21-18 home loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC divisional playoffs, Dungy said at that moment, "it's 100 percent I'll be back," but didn't know "how I'll feel in the next four or five days when I'm relaxing."

But after spending the week with his family, Dungy confirmed to Mortensen he would indeed return.

Dungy signed a three-year contract extension in September and won his 100th game less than two weeks after turning 50, but his son's death Dec. 22 changed his perspective and forced him to put serious thought toward his future on the sidelines.

"That's one of the blessings from my son's situation is that it puts everything in perspective," he said last week. "I'm sure I'll get over [the loss to the Steelers] a lot quicker than I will my son. It's a tough deal, but there are a lot more important things in scope of it than us not winning a Super Bowl."

Dungy traveled to Indianapolis on Sunday to join Colts president and general manager Bill Polian before the pair's trip to the Senior Bowl practices in Mobile, Ala., this week.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Dungy to stay as Colts Coach

Thats great news!

I am sure that his son would've wanted his dad to stay!

Dungy is such a class act and I am happy that he chose this direction.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

nice
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

im happy for him but i don't think he can win with manning ever!
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    I like Dungy alot (think he's a great guy and a great coach) but he wasn't able to win without Manning either.

He wasn't able to get to the Super Bowl in Tampa all those years, and then he left, and what do ya know, they win the Super Bowl (with Brad Johnson at the helm). So I wouldn't put all the blame on Manning's shoulders.
    Even babies know the difference.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    I like Dungy alot (think he's a great guy and a great coach) but he wasn't able to win without Manning either.

He wasn't able to get to the Super Bowl in Tampa all those years, and then he left, and what do ya know, they win the Super Bowl (with Brad Johnson at the helm). So I wouldn't put all the blame on Manning's shoulders.
    Tampa screwed Dungy out of that Super Bowl...it was the defense that Dungy built that won that Super Bowl, not anything that Chucky did! Just like Billick's Super Bowl win is really Marvin Lewis's!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good luck to Dungy he is one of the class acts that are currently around in the NFL. Hope things work out well for him
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...