Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Im looking forward to it.
    Honestly, this is the most media attention I remember the vikes receiving in quite some time.
    I just look forward to waking up and knowing the vikes are going to be all the talk as opposed to something about T.O. or Pacman (but im sure their time will come).
    Nice to see purple haze spreading throughout the nation.
    Not trying to pick on you my friend, however, I think there are alot of fans out there like you who love to hear the talking heads say "MN Vikings" regardless of the implications or story behind it.

    I for one would rather that they get very little mention (if none at all) other than they just won each and every Sunday.

    By the way, that means they don't play on Mondays....... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison

    "Schutz" wrote:
    I will premise this with the fact that I in no way am a supporter of dog fighting.
    I think Vick should get his second chance, if he royally messes up again sure ban him for good, but if you're going to let guys who get caught Juicing back in a guy who has served his time and gotten out should be given another chance.

    Plus I've said to many people how crazy the outrage over dog fighting is.
    If it had been a cock fighting ring or something crazy like a rat fighting ring or maybe even a raccoon fighting league nobody would have cared that much.
    It's just the public's perception that the dog is man's best friend that elevates it to such a level.


    But my point is simply Vick deserves another shot.
    If you kill a police dog it counts as killing an officer does it not. It's not the public perception that dog is man's best friend, it's true. No animal is more codependent with man than the dog, and they've been evolving beside man for a long time.

    Training a dog that is especially capable of killing to kill is a pretty vicious crime in my opinion. The fact that Vick could condone and participate in killing that many dogs, that brutally, tells me he probably isn't fit to be a role model.

    As for players in the league who have done worse, like Leonard Little, that was before Goodell and the leagues crackdown on idiocy. I wouldn't be surprised if Vick went to the Raiders or Dallas, but I expect him to wind up in the UFL or some other 2nd rate league.

  3. #13
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison

    "Schutz" wrote:
    I will premise this with the fact that I in no way am a supporter of dog fighting.
    I think Vick should get his second chance, if he royally messes up again sure ban him for good, but if you're going to let guys who get caught Juicing back in a guy who has served his time and gotten out should be given another chance.

    Plus I've said to many people how crazy the outrage over dog fighting is.
    If it had been a c**I love the word I used**k fighting ring or something crazy like a rat fighting ring or maybe even a raccoon fighting league nobody would have cared that much.
    It's just the public's perception that the dog is man's best friend that elevates it to such a level.

    But my point is simply Vick deserves another shot.
    I agree... hell, you get less time for killing someone while driving under the influence then he did for dog fighting.
    The Federal laws are really screwy... they tend to over-react to try to deter crime and often times end up creating punishments that are just out of line.
    Is it wrong?
    Sure, I can see the argument saying it is.
    But I don't believe it should ruin his entire life.
    All employees are people outside of work.
    What we do outside of work rarely impacts our ability to do our job at work.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    I will premise this with the fact that I in no way am a supporter of dog fighting.
    I think Vick should get his second chance, if he royally messes up again sure ban him for good, but if you're going to let guys who get caught Juicing back in a guy who has served his time and gotten out should be given another chance.

    Plus I've said to many people how crazy the outrage over dog fighting is.
    If it had been a c**I love the word I used**k fighting ring or something crazy like a rat fighting ring or maybe even a raccoon fighting league nobody would have cared that much.
    It's just the public's perception that the dog is man's best friend that elevates it to such a level.


    But my point is simply Vick deserves another shot.
    If you kill a police dog it counts as killing an officer does it not. It's not the public perception that dog is man's best friend, it's true. No animal is more codependent with man than the dog, and they've been evolving beside man for a long time.

    Training a dog that is especially capable of killing to kill is a pretty vicious crime in my opinion. The fact that Vick could condone and participate in killing that many dogs, that brutally, tells me he probably isn't fit to be a role model.

    As for players in the league who have done worse, like Leonard Little, that was before Goodell and the leagues crackdown on idiocy. I wouldn't be surprised if Vick went to the Raiders or Dallas, but I expect him to wind up in the UFL or some other 2nd rate league.
    Fact of the matter is the Vick in NO WAY commited a crime directed at the NFL or it's affiliates. I am not a Vick Fan, nor do I condone what he did, but he deserves the second chance. You have players shooting at HUMANS and under investigation for killing human beings and they play. I understand what he did was sick and cruel. But also you say about the Police dog being an officer, so is a police horse but Putting down a horse with something as simple as a broke leg is acceptable and such as a greyhound dog whom has an injury. Schutz is correct, its public perception. Let Vick Play If you don't like him, don't watch him. No one in anyway is asking for people to forget or forgive.
    Also about Vick going to the UFL. I believe someone will pick Vick up on a short 1 - 2 year contract then if he does well, everyone will feel safe about him again and the offers will be right back there for him minus the sponsorships.

  5. #15
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison



    "hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    I will premise this with the fact that I in no way am a supporter of dog fighting.
    I think Vick should get his second chance, if he royally messes up again sure ban him for good, but if you're going to let guys who get caught Juicing back in a guy who has served his time and gotten out should be given another chance.

    Plus I've said to many people how crazy the outrage over dog fighting is.
    If it had been a c**I love the word I used**k fighting ring or something crazy like a rat fighting ring or maybe even a raccoon fighting league nobody would have cared that much.
    It's just the public's perception that the dog is man's best friend that elevates it to such a level.


    But my point is simply Vick deserves another shot.
    If you kill a police dog it counts as killing an officer does it not. It's not the public perception that dog is man's best friend, it's true. No animal is more codependent with man than the dog, and they've been evolving beside man for a long time.

    Training a dog that is especially capable of killing to kill is a pretty vicious crime in my opinion. The fact that Vick could condone and participate in killing that many dogs, that brutally, tells me he probably isn't fit to be a role model.

    As for players in the league who have done worse, like Leonard Little, that was before Goodell and the leagues crackdown on idiocy. I wouldn't be surprised if Vick went to the Raiders or Dallas, but I expect him to wind up in the UFL or some other 2nd rate league.
    Fact of the matter is the Vick in NO WAY commited a crime directed at the NFL or it's affiliates. I am not a Vick Fan, nor do I condone what he did, but he deserves the second chance. You have players shooting at HUMANS and under investigation for killing human beings and they play. I understand what he did was sick and cruel. But also you say about the Police dog being an officer, so is a police horse but Putting down a horse with something as simple as a broke leg is acceptable and such as a greyhound dog whom has an injury. Schutz is correct, its public perception. Let Vick Play If you don't like him, don't watch him. No one in anyway is asking for people to forget or forgive.
    Also about Vick going to the UFL. I believe someone will pick Vick up on a short 1 - 2 year contract then if he does well, everyone will feel safe about him again and the offers will be right back there for him minus the sponsorships.
    Leonard little gets probation for driving drunk and killing a lady, then drives drunk again... gets probation no suspension...

    vick gambles and killed some dogs, and yet he goes to prison for 2 years...

    Where is the justice in that?... that's all i got to say...

    i'm not condoning but there's something extremely skewed about our justice system IMO....

  6. #16
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison

    The guy from Enzyte was sent to prison for 25 years... the guys from Enron only got a couple years.

    The justice system is a joke. It's about who you know.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #17
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison

    "C" wrote:
    The guy from Enzyte was sent to prison for 25 years... the guys from Enron only got a couple years.

    The justice system is a joke. It's about who you know.
    I got a traffic ticket dropped because the cop couldn't be bothered to show up to court.

  8. #18
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison

    I'm sure lots of WNBA players own plastic schlongs.... Yet Onterrio gets kicked out of the league for one.

  9. #19
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I'm sure lots of WNBA players own plastic schlongs.... Yet Onterrio gets kicked out of the league for one.
    lol... I didn't even know WNBA players liked shlongs.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #20
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Dungy meets with Vick in prison

    "C" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I'm sure lots of WNBA players own plastic schlongs.... Yet Onterrio gets kicked out of the league for one.
    lol... I didn't even know WNBA players liked shlongs.
    Only if they're plastic/rubber, and there's no actual man involved.

    Oh and everyone read this article, Florio hits the nail on the head IMO.

    The Case Against A Second Chance for Michael Vick.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/18/the-case-for-now-against-a-second-chance-for-michael-vick/#more-14435

    Brazenly and stupidly, Vick marketed via the Internet some of the pit bulls he was breeding.
    The rest were developed into fighters.

    Those for which there was no internal will to mutilate other dogs nor an external buyer faced a brutal demise via a grotesque collection of cold-blooded tactics:
    electrocution via the attachment of electrodes to genitalia, drowning, hanging, or the good, old-fashioned slamming of their bodies to the ground until dead.

    This morbid dual-life continued not for days or weeks, but for years.
    Six in all.
    And there’s no reason to think Vick wouldn’t still be fighting dogs and gambling on dogfights and killing dogs deemed unfit to fight if he hadn’t been caught.
    This isn’t about whether Vick has paid his debt to society; it’s about whether he can be trusted to reverse years of horrible decision, and to represent the NFL and the team that gives him another opportunity to play pro football with the kind of dignity and honor that he rarely displayed during his six seasons in the NFL.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:31 PM
  2. Vick Is Playing Prison Football
    By mblack76 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 05:15 AM
  3. Mike Vick Prison Stroy! -ENOUGH-
    By Vikes in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 01:23 AM
  4. Pat Williams Meets the Bus
    By josdin00 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 07:57 PM
  5. James Dungy, son of Tony Dungy, found dead
    By Cartman79 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 11:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •