Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Droughns turns himself in to authorities

KFFL
    Browns | Droughns turns himself in to authorities
    Thu, 25 May 2006 05:31:03 -0700

The Associated Press reports Cleveland Browns RB Reuben Droughns surrendered to police after being charged with domestic violence Wednesday, May 24. He is being held without bond until a court hearing Thursday, May 25.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Droughns turns himself in to authorities

I didn't watch much ESPN yesterday, so I didn't even know that he was wanted for domestic violence. Yet another black mark on the NFL.

Prophet Guest

POSTED 9:07 p.m. EDT, May 24, 2006

DROUGHNS IN HOT WATER, AGAIN
    Mike Florio

A league source tells us that Browns running back Reuben Droughns, fresh on the heels of an acquittal from DUI charges, potentially will be facing kidnapping charges after a domestic incident involving his wife.

The matter, we're told, is still being investigated, and Droughns has not yet formally been charged. The kidnapping element arises from allegations that Droughns restrained his wife in their house, against her will, during their altercation.

The incident occurred earlier this month, in the days after a jury found Droughns not guilty of charges that he was driving drunk on November 1, 2005. His blood alcohol content was 0.08, Ohio's legal limit.

After the verdict, Kellie Droughns expressed relief. "This is such a relief. It's been hard on us, hard on Reuben," she said. "We're taking a limo everywhere, , even to the grocery store."

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

NFL season is too short, and the players build up too much rage and then get in trouble.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:

Mike Florio

A league source tells us that Browns running back Reuben Droughns, fresh on the heels of an acquittal from DUI charges, potentially will be facing kidnapping charges after a domestic incident involving his wife.

The matter, we're told, is still being investigated, and Droughns has not yet formally been charged. The kidnapping element arises from allegations that Droughns restrained his wife in their house, against her will, during their altercation.

The incident occurred earlier this month, in the days after a jury found Droughns not guilty of charges that he was driving drunk on November 1, 2005. His blood alcohol content was 0.08, Ohio's legal limit.

After the verdict, Kellie Droughns expressed relief. "This is such a relief. It's been hard on us, hard on Reuben," she said. "We're taking a limo everywhere, , even to the grocery store."

I need more elaboration on this, what do they mean by restrained his wife against her will?

Did he lock her in a closet? Did he tie her to a chair? Did she try and leave and he told her to shut-up and sit down?

If he told her shut up and sit down and she did, I do not considered that kidnapping! I think the use of kidnapping over the last couple of years has been way over used by prosecutors.

If a couple is in a car and they are having a verbal argument, if the girl says she wants to get out of the car and guy says I am not letting you walk home, that is considered kidnapping nowadays.

Sorry that is not kidnapping!

Kidnapping is when you take somebody by force from another place with intent to Ransom that individual for money, or physically abuse them. Kidnapping would be if somebody or a group of individuals broke into a business or home and restrained a person or individuals with force and intent to rob or to physically abuse them.

This is my opinion but over the last few years the prosecutors around the country have started using this for minor domestic arguments, and that was not (in my opinion) the intent of the original writing of the kidnapping laws.

The original federal law was written in response to the Lindbergh baby kidnapping circa 1930's, when somebody broke into the home of Charles Lindbergh kidnapped his baby for ransom and killed the baby. Not because a couple was having a fight and a guy wouldn't let his girl friend leave the car to walk home, and then drove the girl home (some guy in the last year was charged with this).

Just my 2 cents, if they want to create a new law that affects domestic disputes and restraining people that is fine, but it is not kidnapping.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

BOTH he AND his wife are DUMB BASSES!!!

You would think that these IDIOTS would watch their step...BUT NOOOOOOOO...they just keep on screwing up! JEEZ...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

did I just read "It's been hard on us, we've had to take a limo everywhere?" poor guys.

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Mike Florio

I need more elaboration on this, what do they mean by restrained his wife against her will?

Did he lock her in a closet? Did he tie her to a chair? Did she try and leave and he told her to shut-up and sit down?

If he told her shut up and sit down and she did, I do not considered that kidnapping! I think the use of kidnapping over the last couple of years has been way over used by prosecutors.

If a couple is in a car and they are having a verbal argument, if the girl says she wants to get out of the car and guy says I am not letting you walk home, that is considered kidnapping nowadays.

Sorry that is not kidnapping!

Kidnapping is when you take somebody by force from another place with intent to Ransom that individual for money, or physically abuse them. Kidnapping would be if somebody or a group of individuals broke into a business or home and restrained a person or individuals with force and intent to rob or to physically abuse them.

This is my opinion but over the last few years the prosecutors around the country have started using this for minor domestic arguments, and that was not (in my opinion) the intent of the original writing of the kidnapping laws.

The original federal law was written in response to the Lindbergh baby kidnapping circa 1930's, when somebody broke into the home of Charles Lindbergh kidnapped his baby for ransom and killed the baby. Not because a couple was having a fight and a guy wouldn't let his girl friend leave the car to walk home, and then drove the girl home (some guy in the last year was charged with this).

Just my 2 cents, if they want to create a new law that affects domestic disputes and restraining people that is fine, but it is not kidnapping.
    I say, let crabby but walk

Prophet Guest

Yeah, not too bright. Not many details released. A few stories:

Browns' Droughns Surrenders to Police
    May 24, 2006, 11:36PM

Droughns jailed on assault charge
    Posted: Thursday May 25, 2006 12:08AM; Updated: Thursday May 25, 2006 12:35AM

Browns' Droughns surrenders to police
    Wednesday, May 24, 2006 · Last updated 9:35 p.m. PT

Droughns turns self in to face assault charge
    Thursday, May 25, 2006

===============================
    KFFL
    Browns | Droughns heads to court
    Thu, 25 May 2006 10:40:49 -0700

The Associated Press reports Cleveland Browns RB Reuben Droughns was taken to court Thursday, May 25, after spending the night in jail on a domestic violence case. Droughns was held on suspicion of the third-degree assault and harassment, according to Arapahoe County district attorney's spokeswoman Kathleen Walsh. Walsh added a county court judge would set Droughns' bail Thursday after formally advising him of the charges he will face. If convicted, the assault charge carries six to 18 months in jail and the harassment charge would carry a penalty of up to six months in jail.

=======================
    KFFL
    Browns | Bail set for Droughns
    Thu, 25 May 2006 12:00:59 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Associated Press reports bail has been set at $2,500 for Cleveland Browns RB Reuben Droughns. Droughns faces charges of third-degree assault and harassment. It is not known whether he had been released. Arapahoe County Court district attorney's spokeswoman Kathleen Walsh said the judge will allow Droughns to leave the state if he has permission from whoever posts his bond.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

WHat happened to the good ol days when husbands and wives could just duke it out and not call the cops on each other or worse yet the wife's friends or neighbors call the cops because someone was screaming?

just kidding. But some truth to that. All couples fight. Sometimes it gets a little physical. Not that it should but it does. So long as it is within reason, let it go. Women hit, too.

But all in all. Watch your Ps and Qs. Everyone's eyes are on you. YOu want the pay, then you have to deal with the crap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast