Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Draw Of Playing In New England

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You two crack me up.

You know, I can envision he day when guys want to come play in MN......Great DEs, great WR's, great S's, .....Ohhhh wait, that is already starting to happen isn't it..... ;D

really?
    You don't?

:
    Every team can get players, you just have to show interest.
    We shelled out huge contracts to get who we did. (Berrian, Madieu, Shank, JA, Hutch, etc.)
    I don't see many players willing to take a pay cut to play for us, or turning down other offers to play for us.
    I don't see the vikings as being the ideal destination for players yet. There are teams that are, like obviously the pats, or the colts or steelers, and there seems to be a pattern there... they've all won superbowls recently and have been dominant for the past decade.

This is the vikings first winning season since 2003?
    You talk as if I think we've been that way forever........

Ohhhh wait, that is already starting to happen isn't it
    Starting equates to a beginning IMHO.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

This and the man defense articles you posted today are great Marty.

I like this guy Bowen, good insight from someone who really played the game.

Bookmarked.

"Mr" wrote:
    This and the man defense articles you posted today are great Marty.

I like this guy Bowen, good insight from someone who really played the game.

Bookmarked.
    Thanks my friend.

These types of articles are becoming increasingly harder to find.
    Maybe after all the major papers fold thier traditional circulation means and go more towards the Internent (than they already have) they will become more prevalent.

By the by.....You still owe me one.....Did you ever find it?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You two crack me up.

You know, I can envision he day when guys want to come play in MN......Great DEs, great WR's, great S's, .....Ohhhh wait, that is already starting to happen isn't it..... ;D

really?
    You don't?

:
    We shelled out huge contracts to get who we did. (Berrian, Madieu, Shank, JA, Hutch, etc.)
    I don't see many players willing to take a pay cut to play for us, or turning down other offers to play for us.
    I don't see the vikings as being the ideal destination for players yet. There are teams that are, like obviously the pats, or the colts or steelers, and there seems to be a pattern there... they've all won superbowls recently and have been dominant for the past decade.

then thats where we disagree, because I don't see it starting yet... in fact i believe the top FA WR turned us down for a couple extra mil from a crappy team...
    Where was the draw there?
    Point i'm getting at is if you give them money, they'll come...
    We didn't win over our FA's through their heart, we won them over through their wallet.... all the starters we've gotten have been with huge contracts attached.
    I don't see anything "starting" yet.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51038.msg923475#msg923475 date=1237319568]
    You two crack me up.

really?
    You don't?

:

then thats where we disagree, because I don't see it starting yet... in fact i believe the top FA WR turned us down for a couple extra mil from a crappy team...
    We didn't win over our FA's through their heart, we won them over through their wallet.... all the starters we've gotten have been with huge contracts attached.
    [/quote]
    "Disagree" is such a ugly word.......How about we diverge on our point of view....... ;D

Again, I don't think we are anywhere near the top teams with respect to getting bargain basement discounts, however, another year or two of winning the division, a team thats core group of players continue to mature etc etc etc and you will see things change a bit in that regard.

At least that is my "Point of View".... ;D

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=51038.msg923791#msg923791 date=1237394218]
    You two crack me up.

really?
    You don't?

:

[/quote]
    "Disagree" is such a ugly word.......How about we diverge on our point of view....... ;D

Again, I don't think we are anywhere near the top teams with respect to getting bargain basement discounts, however, another year or two of winning the division, a team thats core group of players continue to mature etc etc etc and you will see things change a bit in that regard.

[/quote]

perhaps, I would think if we keep on winning, then players will want to come here, but we're not there yet.
    We still need to go out there and win.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51038.msg923794#msg923794 date=1237394394]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=51038.msg923791#msg923791 date=1237394218]
    You two crack me up.

really?
    You don't?

:

[/quote]

[/quote]

perhaps, I would think if we keep on winning, then players will want to come here, but we're not there yet.
    [/quote]
    Yea I guess 10 wins with no QB isn't that big of an achievement.... ;D

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=51038.msg923797#msg923797 date=1237394706]
    You two crack me up.

really?
    You don't?

:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

because of the EPIC amount of talent on our team.
    The FO still hasn't seriously addressed the QB position, and i'm certain that many prospective FA players think of that when making their decision.
    we're a good team that is limited by one or two positions.
    the best FA WR turned us down, and i'm sure that factored in to his decision.
    Players will know we can be a great team, but as the saying goes, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and we won't get over the hump untill either a) the weak link gets stronger, or b) the weak link gets cut off, and a new one is inserted.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51038.msg923802#msg923802 date=1237395193]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=51038.msg923797#msg923797 date=1237394706]
    You two crack me up.

really?
    You don't?

:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

because of the EPIC amount of talent on our team.
    The FO still hasn't seriously addressed the QB position, and i'm certain that many prospective FA players think of that when making their decision.
    we're a good team that is limited by one or two positions.
    the best FA WR turned us down, and i'm sure that factored in to his decision.
    Players will know we can be a great team, but as the saying goes, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and we won't get over the hump untill either a) the weak link gets stronger, or b) the weak link gets cut off, and a new one is inserted.
    [/quote]
    How many issues did we have in 2006?

a.
    LB.
    I am not sure what the prevelant thought was on this site was but LB was a huge question mark.
    b.
    RB. Seriously, Memo was our leading rusher with a bit of 600 yards or so.
    c. OL. What a hodgepodge of crap that line was.
    d. QB.
    Maybe not as big as it is now, however, Pepp was hurt. Brad did a good job in relief but we had no serious plan going on what would we do if.....
    e. WR.
    I know some people liked a couple of those cats but seriously, what have then done since they left.
    f.
    S.
    SMOOOOOOOOOT.
    g. DE.
    Need I say more.

Long story short, I know alot of people liked Tice and they were happy with the whole 9-7 thing but if one were to seriously look at were that team was and were it was going, we are miles apart.

I for one like that we are only talking about major concerns at a couple of positions and even at those there can be a good arguement made that we just need to let someone develop a bit more......

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

The draw of playing of New England has a lot to do with the great organization that they have in place and a great coaching staff. It has little to do with the talent they have on the field.

Why did Matt Birk choose Baltimore?
    Why did TJ choose Seattle?

A big part of those decisions didn't even sniff on field talent.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast