Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Draft Risers and Sliders: Pro Days

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=12pt]NFC North floods USC pro day[/size]
    April 1, 2009 5:51 PM
    Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

At No. 22 overall, the Vikings have almost no chance of grabbing Sanchez unless they trade up. But there is a strong chance that at least one of the Trojans' linebacker trio will be sitting there. Maybe Spielman and Childress had linebackers on their minds.
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth
    I had LB right up there as a need/depth, however, after the resigning of Heath and the cat from Canada, I'm not so sure.
    Still that cat can get beat out in camp. We are still going to bring 80 in to the dance. Seems to me there is room for upgrade in depth at LB, G, RT and possibly DT. I think 1st and 2nd rounds will focus on WR and CB.
    I agree, I'm not saying they won't bring any guys in, I'm just saying that that position slips in priority order of draft.

My guess is we will see alot of guys brought in at all positions after the draft (ala Undrafted FA's).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

At No. 22 overall, the Vikings have almost no chance of grabbing Sanchez unless they trade up. But there is a strong chance that at least one of the Trojans' linebacker trio will be sitting there. Maybe Spielman and Childress had linebackers on their minds.
    I had LB right up there as a need/depth, however, after the resigning of Heath and the cat from Canada, I'm not so sure.
    Still that cat can get beat out in camp. We are still going to bring 80 in to the dance. Seems to me there is room for upgrade in depth at LB, G, RT and possibly DT. I think 1st and 2nd rounds will focus on WR and CB.
    I agree, I'm not saying they won't bring any guys in, I'm just saying that that position slips in priority order of draft.

My guess is we will see alot of guys brought in at all positions after the draft (ala Undrafted FA's).
    We need a tackle or center before and more than we need a corner...

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

You know that I agree with you, the problem is, I am not sure the staff agrees with you.
    Again, I really thought we would address both positions in FA instead of going with what they have.

Judging by the effort so far in FA, we are gonna see the "Going with what they have" on the roster next year.
    :-
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Tackle I agree with. Center I don't. Cook and Herrera can both play. In fact on Vikings Weekly last night Herrera said that he has been told he is better at Center and plays more natural there.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

My list would be:
    1. WR
    2. OT
    3. CB
    4. G
    5. LB
    6. DT

mark is offline Asst. Coach

In the first round if Harvin and hicks are gone I hope they go butler and if hes gone next best OT.We need a playmaker in round 1
    <!--
    sig -->

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

My list would be:
    1. WR
    2. OT
    3. CB
    4. G
    5. LB
    6. DT
    My list would be: (Changes every day for me it seems lately)
    1. DT if Peria is there.
    Harvin if Peria isn't there
    2. Best C or T available
    3. CB
    4. No Pick
    5. LB
    6. No Pick
    7. RB
    7. K/P

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51158.msg930145#msg930145 date=1238635335]

My list would be:
    1. WR
    2. OT
    3. CB
    4. G
    5. LB
    6. DT
    1. DT if Peria is there.
    2. Best C or T available
    3. CB
    4. No Pick
    5. LB
    6. No Pick
    7. RB
    7. K/P
    [/quote]

I should probably stick RB in there as well.

K/P LOL

1. WR
    2. OT
    3. CB
    5. G
    7. RB
    7. LB

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51158.msg930299#msg930299 date=1238676542]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51158.msg930145#msg930145 date=1238635335]

My list would be:
    1. WR
    2. OT
    3. CB
    4. G
    5. LB
    6. DT
    1. DT if Peria is there.
    2. Best C or T available
    3. CB
    4. No Pick
    5. LB
    6. No Pick
    7. RB
    7. K/P
    [/quote]

I should probably stick RB in there as well.

K/P LOL
    [/quote]
    I thought you would like that.
    ;D

[size=12pt]More pro day recaps: Sanchez strong[/size]
    By National Football Post
    Mar 27, 3:51 pm EDT

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast