Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Draft Risers and Sliders: Pro Days

[size=12pt]Draft Risers and Sliders: Pro Days, Week 2[/size]
    By Tony Pauline, Special to SI.com, TFYDraft.com

It was another important week of pro-day workouts as scouts branched out across the nation to watch the top NFL prospects show off their talents. The results of this week's workouts will directly impact the first round of April's draft.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/03/20/riser.sliders/index.html

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Draft Risers and Sliders: Pro Days

Damn good read my friend, especially for SI.

Can't find this cat on any of my value boards......Interesting.

TJ Lang/OL/Eastern Michigan: Lange was a surprise non-invite at last month's combine but gave scouts something to remember on Monday. The Eastern Michigan tackle measured 6-foot-4 and 316 pounds, completed 30 reps on the bench then ran his 40s in times which ranged from 5.15-to-5.19. He displayed a lot of skill snapping the ball at center, a position several teams project him. Lang is building a buzz around himself and in all likelihood will be the first non-combine player drafted, possibly as early as the late part of round two.
    Wish they would tell us who was in attendance....Possible late round gem? Not much out there other than he is 6'5/220lbs.
    :

Chase Daniel/QB/Missouri: Daniel was one of two quarterbacks to participate in Missouri's pro day, the other being his backup, Chase Patton. Scouts on hand said if one did not know better, one would think Patton was the higher-rated prospect, rather than Daniel, the former Heisman Trophy candidate. Daniel's inability to throw the deep pass with any velocity was in stark contrast to Patton, who easily flipped the ball downfield. Considered a potential top 100 choice last October, Daniel will slip into the late rounds.
    Again, thanks for the read.
    Some new names for me to track.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Couple of excellent reads Mike....

I asked him why the quick drop-off, and it was his opinion that many teams locked up their good players leading up to free agency. There were also a number of teams that finally learned the lessons of foolish spending from years past. I revisited the Haynesworth deal and the general manager did feel there would be a ripple effect of that guaranteed money on future high-profile players. The effects of the Haynesworth deal may be felt for years to come.
    And the predomince of yutz's on this board still can't see the logic behind our limited role in FA this year....... ;D

If those players are moving up, who is moving down? Outside of Malcolm Jenkins, it appears the cornerbacks group isn't holding in the top half of the draft. Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith and D.J. Moore seem to falling to the bottom of the first round or into the second round. That could be good news for teams like the Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers and a few others who pick late in the first round.
    Wonder why they are falling?
    :
    According to most they are "Beasts".......Beasts don't fall my friends.....

3. Issues about draft picks
    The college game is where NFL talent comes from, but there is no reason for college coaches to do things the NFL way just to get players ready for the pros. If I have heard it once, I’ve heard it 100 times this week: NFL coaches have to evaluate players doing things that may not relate to the pro game.
    Loved that paragraph....

The 2009 rookie class, much like last year's class, is not going to produce a lot of starts next season. Now, it's OK if your team didn't have a lot of rookie starts and won games -- like the Pittsburgh Steelers, who had one rookie start all season (running back Rashard Mendenhall). But if your team didn't play its rookies and lost a lot of games, that's a bad sign.

Good thing for us we don't need any rookies to start this year.......

Again, a couple of damn fine reads my freind.
    Keep em coming.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[size=12pt]Pro day recaps: Another strong effort from Orakpo[/size]

Over the next few weeks leading up to the NFL draft, the National Football Post will break down and analyze prospects’ pro days at their respective colleges. Scouts recently visited Texas, Iowa, Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Connecticut.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtULEcBxR7GDjeDiTMJhhNNDubYF?slug=ys-prodayrecaps032709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"marstc09" wrote:

Over the next few weeks leading up to the NFL draft, the National Football Post will break down and analyze prospects’ pro days at their respective colleges. Scouts recently visited Texas, Iowa, Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Connecticut.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtULEcBxR7GDjeDiTMJhhNNDubYF?slug=ys-prodayrecaps032709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    QB Tyler Lorenzen (6-5, 227) is likely to make a transition to either WR or DB at the next level. He worked out at both positions for scouts

Very interesting.... Build seems to be more along the lines of a WR than DB, but damn, sounds like a 3 way player to me.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

QB Tyler Lorenzen (6-5, 227) is likely to make a transition to either WR or DB at the next level. He worked out at both positions for scouts

Very interesting.... Build seems to be more along the lines of a WR than DB, but gol 'darnit, sounds like a 3 way player to me.

i wonder how fast he is....

yeah the whole QB move to receiver works out real well...

Matt Jones
    Antwan Randle El

about the only guy it did work for was Hines ward..

but i know this won't be a popular opinion, but why not sign Matt Jones, to a one year prove it contract and then go into the draft not needing a receiver... he'd be a nice complement to BB

[size=12pt]NFC North floods USC pro day[/size]
    April 1, 2009 5:51 PM
    Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

At No. 22 overall, the Vikings have almost no chance of grabbing Sanchez unless they trade up. But there is a strong chance that at least one of the Trojans' linebacker trio will be sitting there. Maybe Spielman and Childress had linebackers on their minds.
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth

"marstc09" wrote:

At No. 22 overall, the Vikings have almost no chance of grabbing Sanchez unless they trade up. But there is a strong chance that at least one of the Trojans' linebacker trio will be sitting there. Maybe Spielman and Childress had linebackers on their minds.
    I had LB right up there as a need/depth, however, after the resigning of Heath and the cat from Canada, I'm not so sure.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

I had LB right up there as a need/depth, however, after the resigning of Heath and the cat from Canada, I'm not so sure.
    Still that cat can get beat out in camp. We are still going to bring 80 in to the dance. Seems to me there is room for upgrade in depth at LB, G, RT and possibly DT. I think 1st and 2nd rounds will focus on WR and CB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast